Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
ADATA DDR4 8gig 2666 Mhz for $47 from Aliexpress

Innodisk DDR4 8gig 2666 Mhz for $75 from Enoch

It looks like the ADATA sticks use Micron memory, but Innodisk is using Samsung C-die. I don't know if that's worth the extra cost or not. They are both rated at CL19 and I've seen people overclock sticks from both vendors.

Edit: after reading the thread, the C-die isn't that great for Ryzen.... and it looks like the ADATA sticks have been that price for a while now. Those are likely the sticks I'll buy, unless a B-die chip pops up somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Protools

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
It looks like the ADATA sticks use Micron memory, but Innodisk is using Samsung C-die. I don't know if that's worth the extra cost or not. They are both rated at CL19 and I've seen people overclock sticks from both vendors.
The ADATA ram definitely works, and I do still use it for my PC, but it is kind of bottom of the barrel ram. Spektek is a division of Micron, so it kind of is Micron ram. However none of the Micron presets in the Ryzen memory overclock calculator will work, in my case none of them could boot, since the Spektek/Micron ram is worse than the regular Micron ram the presets are made with.

It's still overclockable of course, and the calculator can help guide you on some things, but you'll need to give it more attention with manually trying different settings. I just recommend doing some amount of tuning with them because 2666 CL19 is pretty lousy for stock settings :)

Reactions: Phuncz and chyll2

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@NateDawg72
what is the hardest did you pushed for the spektek ram? I am tempted to get a VLP and use standard fan for Noctua L12S, I am just not sure how big it will affect my ryzen system using Patriot Viper 3000 C16 with spektek ram as well (irc, currently running 3200 16-19-19-38)

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
@NateDawg72
what is the hardest did you pushed for the spektek ram? (irc, currently running 3200 16-19-19-38)
I'm not a heavy overclocker so I didn't try using >1.35v where it is possible there is a little bit of headroom left. At 1.35v the furthest I pushed it was 3200mhz 18-19-19-19-39-58. That's not much worse than what you might have, so the affect should be pretty small given that your kit overclocks similar to mine. I did try to get CL 16 to boot but it was definitely not happening with my kit, at least not at 1.35v. I use a ryzen 5 2600 and I believe I used my ram at 2933mhz for daily settings so that I could keep SOC voltages lower to reduce power.

Keep in mind that CPU has a big affect on your ram overclock, first gen ryzen may struggle and 2nd gen is optimal. Motherboard can have a small affect too sometimes.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
RDIMM won't work, server only

ECC is a maybe/probably but not guaranteed. I think that may be down to specific motherboard support. I believe many AM4 boards should be able to use ECC memory in a "non-ECC" mode, but I have no ECC memory to try that myself. It may be best to reach out to the motherboard vendor.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
ok well. And what about ECC ? Should it be "yes" or "no" ?
I'll build on a Ryzen
Ryzen supports ECC, Intel does not unless you are using a server cpu and motherboard. However ECC typically runs at lower clock speeds, which would hurt Ryzen's performance.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2017
Ryzen supports ECC, Intel does not unless you are using a server cpu and motherboard. However ECC typically runs at lower clock speeds, which would hurt Ryzen's performance.
**CERTAIN Ryzen boards support ECC. not all Ryzen boards, so do your research before you think you can just throw ECC into any random Ryzen board.

Reactions: Phuncz

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
And I can say in my Asrock and Gigabyte Z390 the ECC ram works in NOT ECC mode. Haven’t tried with the Asus.
So, NOT REGISTERED, ECC maybe Yes. :)

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
From what I have read if I am going with an Intel build the Innodisk with Samsung C-Die is the best choice (2666) if I plan to try to overclock to 3200. Is this a correct assumption?

Last edited:

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
From what I have read if I am going with an Intel build the Innodisk with Samsung C-Die is the best choice (2666) if I plan to try to overclock to 3200. Is this a correct assumption?
haven't seen anything higher than 2666. That should be your best bet.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
What's yalls opinion on the ADATA vs the Innodisk when on Intel? $150 for the Innodisk vesus ~$100 for the Adata. 8700k if it matters.

A--E

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2019
What's yalls opinion on the ADATA vs the Innodisk when on Intel? $150 for the Innodisk vesus ~$100 for the Adata. 8700k if it matters.
My guess - same performance on stock clocks with 1-2% diff if better timings on Innodisk . Innodisk may also be able (in theory) to reach higher clocks due to Samsung chips. Next week arrives my a-data sticks and I'll test them on my system (ryzen 5) (if I get VLP modules...)

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Guys, help. Three weeks ago, I ordered two Innodisk 8Gb 2666 VLP SO-DIMM DDR4 sticks from enoch.systems, but my order is still being processed. And what is sad, they do not respond to my emails :(

Maybe someone knows another place where I can buy it.

They sell their stock on ebay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-288-pi...680642?hash=item41fedba0c2:g:vfgAAOSwtzdcr7J8

Going through ebay they may have some obligation to ship by a certain date, or you can at least contact ebay and have ebay contact Enoch.

Reactions: scatterforce