Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

A--E

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2019
Got the ram modules
And they are...

edit1: 3000Mhz at 1.4V stable on my Ryzen 5 1600 system. CL16
edit2: nope
edit3: 3066Mhz 1.4V CL 16 with lower (3.9 instead of 4.0) CPU clock.
edit4: 3200Mhz and stable

edit5: interesting fact. a-data memory seems to be unable to change timings, voltage and inherits these from my previous module (16-17-17) however as I change timings in BIOS it does nothing but the memory seems to work correctly.

edit6: part # AD4X266638G19-BP and base timings (from a-data docs pdf) are 19-19-19-43. mine works with 16-17-17-39
so I can conclude that it is exceptional good for its price.

Last edited:

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Got the ram modules
And they are...

Still waiting on mine, hopefully I dont get the wrong dimms lol. Mine says it's just cleared customs since the 22nd

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Anyone tried the Kingston VLP rams? Seems to have slightly better timings than the ADATA.

The Kingston Ram is ECC. In my build, I bought the RAM before the motherboard and wanted to ensure compatibility. Most AMD boards work with ECC ram, but most intel (all consumer?) boards do not.

edit: apparently, Kingston does make VLP non-ECC ram. Good to know.

Last edited:

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Am I reading that aliexpress listing correctly that it really is a dice roll as to whether you’ll get VLP or standard height dimms?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Am I reading that aliexpress listing correctly that it really is a dice roll as to whether you’ll get VLP or standard height dimms?
yes. they seem to usually be the vlp ones, but it is a gamble. i'd suggest using taobao through superbuy.

Donut

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
Anyone tried the Kingston VLP rams? Seems to have slightly better timings than the ADATA.
I have them in a build with an 8700T - the CL19 2667 ones. They worked great out of the box, and I have no complaints. Purchasing from Kingston was nice as well.

I haven't done any RAM overclocking (I have an H370 board, so I don't even know if it's possible for me to do so), and I haven't done any benchmarking. Don't really know how they stack up in terms of performance. I can try to run some benchmarks if you have any software suggestions that work in Ubuntu.

HFoletto

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2019
There are the Crucial, even if ECC they works perfectly in my Z390 with no issue

That's true, however I had trouble finding them for sale.
Also, I was looking to avoid ECC because I'm unsure if I'm going to use intel or ryzen, so better have some standard memory.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That's true, however I had trouble finding them for sale.
Also, I was looking to avoid ECC because I'm unsure if I'm going to use intel or ryzen, so better have some standard memory.
I understand. I was only saying that not matter what they will work on Intel or Ryzen CPU :)
And you can buy directly from Crucial!
https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/ct16g4xfd8266