GPU VEGA NANO

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
maybe asrock itx is better choice for nano because it can simply split its 16x pcie to 8x+8x,and vega nano cross fire dont need any CF bridge

That would be nice, could also do 2-way CrossFire Vega Nanos on a (okay, THE only) mATX Threadripper motherboard...

Maybe we will see a 120mm AIO version of the Vega Nano...?!?

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
That would be nice, could also do 2-way CrossFire Vega Nanos on a (okay, THE only) mATX Threadripper motherboard...

Maybe we will see a 120mm AIO version of the Vega Nano...?!?
i use gigabyte ab350 itx because its memory slots....just wont conflict with nano even you install tall RGB memory sticks

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Right now the cheapest Vega 56 is 499+ shipping on Newegg. I didn’t spend a lot of time shopping around but having tested the reference 56 for several weeks it’s not a 500 dollar GPU. Good yes but the one I had suffered mightily from inadequate cooling and the performance was all over the place. Drivers have improved certainly but ANY Vega 56 card needs to be near that 399 price point to be compelling. Good used 1080s are showing up under 500 if you are patient. Less power needed and a bit faster as we know.

But it does look awesome and I am hoping somehow we can have availability and reasonable pricing.

After the AMD event, we got a chance to go hands on with the PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 56 Nano, the most compact desktop graphics card based on the "Vega10" silicon. This product is so special that it got an exclusive unveiling by AMD as a "one more thing." The card's PCB itself it slightly under 5 mm longer than that of the original R9 Nano, but the cooler adds another centimeter to its length. We can only imagine what SFF enthusiasts can do with this card under a specially-design full-coverage water-block.

It's also revealed that the card draws power from a combination of a 6-pin + 8-pin PCIe power connectors. The cooling solution consists of a dense aluminium fin-stack heatsink. A single 80 mm spinner ventilates this heatsink, and a plastic shroud covers it all up. Given that this card has specific "RX Vega 56" SKU marking and not an off-beat "RX Vega Nano" branding, we think this card will be as fast as a stock RX Vega 56, out of the box. Display outputs include three DisplayPort 1.4 and a HDMI 2.0. The MSRP for this card is set at USD $449.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Looks promising for sure. I’m a huge AMD guy and would love a sff gpu with some grunt from team red. It’s been too long since Fury If one can be had for 450 even better. Really looking forward to some reviews.

Slight diversion,
Later this year AMD said 7nm will be used on gaming cards so possibly a Polaris refresh? A cooler more efficient 580 would be welcome in the sff space for sure. The Vega 56 isn’t getting the 7nm treatment yet for consumers at this time This is a shame really. I feel a 7nm Vega is the Nano we really need.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Already sold out on NewEgg...!

Damn.
You actually saw a listing? I’m at work so dipping in and out on my phone.

Edit: sure enough. Gone daddy gone. Hopefully one or two went to someone playing anything other than crypto games...

Last edited:
Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Looks promising for sure. I’m a huge AMD guy and would love a sff gpu with some grunt from team red. It’s been too long since Fury If one can be had for 450 even better. Really looking forward to some reviews.

Slight diversion,
Later this year AMD said 7nm will be used on gaming cards so possibly a Polaris refresh? A cooler more efficient 580 would be welcome in the sff space for sure. The Vega 56 isn’t getting the 7nm treatment yet for consumers at this time This is a shame really. I feel a 7nm Vega is the Nano we really need.

7nm Vega for desktop / gaming is supposed to be sometime in 2019...

And yeah, 7nm Vega would definitely be the way to go...!

Damn.
You actually saw a listing? I’m at work so dipping in and out on my phone.

Edit: sure enough. Gone daddy gone. Hopefully one or two went to someone playing anything other than crypto games...

Yup, there & gone in a heartbeat...

Limit 5 per customer...! LOL...!

The $449 price is not bad though...

Reactions: TheHig

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
A 6+8 pin, for a nano Vega 56? That’s powerful enough for a 1080 Ti! I didn’t think they were that power hungry.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
They still show in stock for me. $449

@Josh | NFC Will the HDPLEX 400 + Dell 330w Brick power this and a 65w Ryzen 2600? I'd really like a complete AMD build.

I'm not OC'ing the CPU at all.

I haven't tested it, but I'm skeptical. The RX580 is already pushing what I think would be safe for a Dell 330 recommendation.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
I wonder if the supposed upcoming 400w ACDC HDPlex would be able to power it with a 65w chip...