GPU VEGA NANO

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Based on the article it appears amd isn’t going to do it in house. The rumor is that Sapphire, an aib vendor, has picked up the project the way I read it.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
I'd be totally okay with something only marginally better than the old Nano that could keep temperatures and noise under control. The Sapphire rumor has me hopeful, they've done quite a few SFF cards in the past.

Reactions: Curiosity

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016
I'm going to buy this asap.

The VRM arrangement is labelled wrong though. Phase 3 and the top of phase 4 labelled wrong, they should be grouped together to give 6 phase core, 1 phase something and 1 phase HBM2.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
The thing I most want to know is if this is ONLY going to be vendor specific or if it's an actual AMD standard that other vendors can use. If it's the latter, we might see full cover waterblocks, but if it's the former we're stuck with GPU only cooling and RAM heatsinks.

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
The build log section maybe? Here even..

Post ‘em all and let the Mods sort it out!

XD

Reactions: Boil

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Right now the cheapest Vega 56 is 499+ shipping on Newegg. I didn’t spend a lot of time shopping around but having tested the reference 56 for several weeks it’s not a 500 dollar GPU. Good yes but the one I had suffered mightily from inadequate cooling and the performance was all over the place. Drivers have improved certainly but ANY Vega 56 card needs to be near that 399 price point to be compelling. Good used 1080s are showing up under 500 if you are patient. Less power needed and a bit faster as we know.

But it does look awesome and I am hoping somehow we can have availability and reasonable pricing.

Reactions: br3nd0