GPU VEGA NANO

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
sorry i am a newbie to this forum

i reserved 3 holes for an external loop when go watercooled-aircooled hybrid
it is a little ironic that a triple AMD plaform using Nvidia Titan style venting holes lol

and there will be a custom FPC cable connect to the pcie riser card to tranfer pcie signal:

Wow, this is perfection. I'm liking these kinds of powerful gaming mini-PCs. About the size of a short Zbox Magnus (actually a bit smaller!) with all store bought parts aside from the riser and case.

Lupercal

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2017
@Lupercal

Very encouraging results! Thanks for taking the leap and sharing with the community. I’m curious to see what clocks the card is holding. In my experience anything 74C hit the one I had pretty hard.

The Omen power brick seems legit.

Yes. I am pleasantly surprised!

I'm stuck at the DMV til the end of time, it seems, but when I do eventually get home i can screenshot GPU-z, so you guys can see all the specs, and run a benchmarking/stress testing program if you can recommend me one.

I've never had the Dell 330w brick to compare to, but the HP brick is gigantic, and square. Certainly far larger than the 180w brick that came with my Alienware laptop.

Reactions: TheHig

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Looks like the vega nano heats up about the same as the fury nano does under heavy load no surprise there! Difference is the vega nano does use a full vega 56 board so watercooling parts SHOULD be easy to find unlike the nano

Reactions: Biowarejak

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Check this:

Delta is Thicker one of 25mm,sunon is in 12mm thickness .i think they are used in AIO cooling,both can be either silent or...violent lol
This is great! Thanks

Is there already a thread here about centrifugal blower fans? If not, I am thinking of starting one. These are perfect for thin custom cases, especially builds in old video game consoles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Or just let me borrow one for a couple weeks and I will send it back in (mostly) non-melted condition. :)
AMD will probably start getting bored soon and decide to sell a 2-GPU Vega 128.

MARKETING SPOOF:
Do you feel like your PC isn't hot enough? Need to waste more of your money on power bills? Well, AMD has the solution for you! Introducing the new Vega 128! Featuring 1000 watts of power consumption and a TDP of 600W, all your first-world-problems will be solved! Buy with a Bitfenix Enso and a complimentary Costco card for maximum effectivity in gaming and eating!
(goes on with Costco food court pitch)

Get yours today! Totally not a ripoff! (shows a GTX 690 with a Vega Frontier edition cooler on it)

What would be really OP would be if someone took a Morpheus II from Raijintek and cut the rear section off of the thing to mod it to a mini card. I can only imagine the overkill!!!

Reactions: Boil and br3nd0

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
I actually tried doing a blower fan mod to my VEGA56 NANO in a Dr. Zaber Sentry. I had a blower fan facing the back blowing air back in. The problem with this setup was it was blowing hot air back into the GPU. Naturally the stock fan blows air exhausting on both sides. I rotated the blower 90 degrees counter-clockwise in the photo below to face the outside of the chassis instead. GPU core temps remained about the same ~-2C but lowered the overall ambient temp in that compartment.

I do want a higher voltage blower fan though. I picked up a 120mm CoolerGuys blower but it was too large to mount in that section. I've since updated this setup and should have better photos some time tonight.

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
On another note the temps on this bad boy really are not that bad as long as you can get ample air to breath. The VEGA56 NANO in my Dr. Zaber Sentry in the vertical position running 4K games has my temps around 65c-70c at full load. Not too shabby. The issue is when you have that chassis in the horizontal position with the fan facing the floor with minimum height clearance for fresh air.

An open test bench experienced the sa,e temps of around 60c-70c at 4K level settings.

Superposition Score on my test bench: https://benchmark.unigine.com/results/rid_d2434d4024ed4ccdb0618294c34c3883

Benchmark say's "HIS" brand, it's not. I guess it's not marked correctly globally atm.

Firestrike Score compared with a 2400G | 1700X | VEGA56 NANO | VEGA64 Limited Edition:
https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/15712325/fs/15695132/fs/15706548/fs/15528231#

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
On another note the temps on this bad boy really are not that bad as long as you can get ample air to breath. The VEGA56 NANO in my Dr. Zaber Sentry in the vertical position running 4K games has my temps around 65c-70c at full load. Not too shabby. The issue is when you have that chassis in the horizontal position with the fan facing the floor with minimum height clearance for fresh air.

An open test bench experienced the sa,e temps of around 60c-70c at 4K level settings.

Superposition Score on my test bench: https://benchmark.unigine.com/results/rid_d2434d4024ed4ccdb0618294c34c3883

Benchmark say's "HIS" brand, it's not. I guess it's not marked correctly globally atm.

Firestrike Score compared with a 2400G | 1700X | VEGA56 NANO | VEGA64 Limited Edition:
https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/15712325/fs/15695132/fs/15706548/fs/15528231#
Very well-done! You should see the size (and weight) of this heatsink from my Pentium 4 PowerEdge: https://www.flickr.com/gp/165204374@N04/5FU7Tj

It is heavy AF for something the size of the palm of my hand!

Reactions: hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
Very well-done! You should see the size (and weight) of this heatsink from my Pentium 4 PowerEdge: https://www.flickr.com/gp/165204374@N04/5FU7Tj

It is heavy AF for something the size of the palm of my hand!

Now that's one wonderful looking copper heatsink. if that can fit on the Nano with minimum modding and attaching a blower fan with cfm of the gods then that would be an interesting mod for sure.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Now that's one wonderful looking copper heatsink. if that can fit on the Nano with minimum modding and attaching a blower fan with cfm of the gods then that would be an interesting mod for sure.
Sadly, it's not vapor-filled and it's not very fin-dense either...

On the other hand, with a Noctua 110 CFM fan, everything would be perfect...