Vega 56 Nano - need help with waterblock clearance

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
I have the universal GPX pro from alphacool, it's a fantastic little unit but on my r9 nano I ran into clearance issues on the mounting hardware. I'm now looking at picking up a powercooler v56 nano, and I fear I'll have the same issue. Does anyone have personal experience working with this combo? Any and all input is much appreciated!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I have the universal GPX pro from alphacool, it's a fantastic little unit but on my r9 nano I ran into clearance issues on the mounting hardware. I'm now looking at picking up a powercooler v56 nano, and I fear I'll have the same issue. Does anyone have personal experience working with this combo? Any and all input is much appreciated!
If you can't get this to work they make a full cover block for the Nano. Available at either Newegg or AliExpress.

Reactions: Damascus

W4RR10R

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 29, 2019
Btw, the sapphire pulse uses the same PCB as the Nano, but has a higher stock power target aswell as 2 8 pins vs 6 and 8. Its also available new on amazon for $299 USD.

Edit: Its also has nice back plate

Last edited:

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Btw, the sapphire pulse uses the same PCB as the Nano, but has a higher stock power target aswell as 2 8 pins vs 6 and 8. Its also available new on amazon for $299 USD.

Edit: Its also has nice back plate
I got my nano used for 375 CAD/278 USD, so I'm quite happy in that aspect. Thanks for looking out for me though!

Reactions: W4RR10R

Kdrs0122

Caliper Novice
Aug 28, 2018
Would you be interested in selling your v56 nano cooler/shroud once you put it under water?