SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Annd the ECS motherboard died and took the FX with it.. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah that is awful. Especially since Zen isn't here yet, that would be an excellent platform to replace it. What will you do now ?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I dont know. I'm broke until well after xmas, so im either on a laptop or on an ATX rig until then

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Sup Con. checking in on ya. Rig went tits up. sorry to hear that man.

Such is life - the folks here did warn me of the VRMs on the board! I did manage to RMA the FX-8350 though, so the build will be reborn in some way at some point.

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Man. as long as I've known you. You never give up or in. I was expecting you to put together a multi 5$ Pi rig for folding or such. Or, between you and @jord some crazy VM machine. You live in a land where a Hobbit becomes the hero of such a long, great, saga, (don't give me shi-poop about the movies.. cause I dream of things good) ..u have your own. Glad to be along w/you for the journey my friend, and including me on so many adventures.

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Man. as long as I've known you. You never give up or in. I was expecting you to put together a multi 5$ Pi rig for folding or such. Or, between you and @jord some crazy VM machine. You live in a land where a Hobbit becomes the hero of such a long, great, saga, (don't give me shi-poop about the movies.. cause I dream of things good) ..u have your own. Glad to be along w/you for the journey my friend, and including me on so many adventures.
PS....
Whatever help I can't be.. you know where I am. We'll get together on what I can do, or what I might be able to, and push myself to do for a friend. speaking of picts or whatever. I know in my heart of hearts.. when I need you.. shit.. you've been there.

The little things are important in this life these days. You won't interupt my TV viewing. I prefer making friends a half a world away.

summarit

Chassis Packer
May 29, 2017
instagram.com
Hi, I'm planning on having a build in the Jonsbo C2 in a few weeks, and i'm unsure if what i'm planning will work. The motherboard I'm using is the MSI B350M Gaming Pro, and the PCie 16x slot is the second slot down, so my gpu would be on the bottom two pcie slots on the C2. I'm using a full height 140mm fan to cool the system as well, my main concern is that the gpu, being on the lower two slots, will not have enough space to fit in with the 140mm fan.

So i'm curious if any of you have been able to make that happen so i don't make a mistake.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

You will be ok with fitment, however the fan will be blowing directly into the gpu.

Reactions: Soul_Est and LukeD

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Probably a bad thing - the airflow of the fan will be mostly blocked by the GPU (unless it's a half height GPU)

summarit

Chassis Packer
May 29, 2017
instagram.com
Probably a bad thing - the airflow of the fan will be mostly blocked by the GPU (unless it's a half height GPU)

sorry for asking so much, i assumed it'd be a bad idea too, perhaps i could use the fan to exhaust air away from the system? how effective do you think that would be?

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
If you're gonna be using the Zotac 1050ti mini, you could remove the fan shroud + fan and just have the 140mm fan blow on it.
Also, I wouldn't recommend an AIO for this since there would be no airflow to disperse the heat around the cpu socket area.
This is what I ended up doing with my build

Reactions: summarit

summarit

Chassis Packer
May 29, 2017
instagram.com
If you're gonna be using the Zotac 1050ti mini, you could remove the fan shroud + fan and just have the 140mm fan blow on it.
Also, I wouldn't recommend an AIO for this since there would be no airflow to disperse the heat around the cpu socket area.
This is what I ended up doing with my build

huh i’ll definitely try that, would that work well?