Motherboard Thin ITX Discussion Thread

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
@Windfall I haven't checked what models are available for the am4 platform, gotta check later tonight.
No, I don't think there is. Taobao (and all other china shops) make it hard to browse by parameter.
If you'd want we could do a Google Docs spreadsheet together? Would be nice for other people!

I've been looking at the ASRock IMB-1215 due to the x16 PCI connector. My main need is PCI connector for a dedicated GPU. I'm gonna build a workstation that can handle autoCAD and light gaming.
Why choose IMB-1215 instead of IMB-1213? With similar characteristics, it is very significantly 1215 different location of the CPU socket from the standard.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Why choose IMB-1215 instead of IMB-1213? With similar characteristics, it is very significantly 1215 different location of the CPU socket from the standard.

They have different power inputs too right? 12v vs 19v right too.

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
@kotproger
Mainly due to availability! The socket orientation isn't a problem as I will design the case myself.
The 19V input isn't a problem as I would have to buy a laptop PSU anyway.

The-Alchemist-404

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2019
Hey guys, small question, im looking for a thin itx motherboard for a small server, the issue is that i dont have space for 2.5 inch ssd's so as many m.2 slots are needed, any sugestions?

encore2097

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2019
Maybe I should just order 5 of them. Two for me, sell the other three to the few interested folks. Would I have 3 interested people?
I'm interested. Planning on getting some AM4 thin-ITX .. looking at the ASRock right now and trying to confirm ECC support..

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
hello to those in-the-know. can you share what thin ITX options are available to use with the Intel 9700T or 9900T processors?

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
hot damn that's gorgeous motherboard!

I asked to see what would come up...but I'm looking into whether I can source the mobo's for the M920X Tiny, as we're a certified repair center, so I may be able to get the one with the PCIe connector that lets me use a dedicated GPU like they do for the RX560.

Reactions: Jello

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
hot damn that's gorgeous motherboard!

I asked to see what would come up...but I'm looking into whether I can source the mobo's for the M920X Tiny, as we're a certified repair center, so I may be able to get the one with the PCIe connector that lets me use a dedicated GPU like they do for the RX560.

Yeah, it's beautiful!

If you do go ahead with that, post pictures. I would love to see it!

Reactions: Jello

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
Yeah, it's beautiful!

If you do go ahead with that, post pictures. I would love to see it!
well...just got the mobo p/n for the M920 TIny and M920x w/GPU Tiny...but seems they're not available yet, since the models with the 9xxx series CPU's have just been launched.

Reactions: Windfall

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
well...I got costs for three of the ITX boards off of Asrock Industrial's website.

IMB-1213 is $270 CAD plus tax / shipipng
IMB-1215 is $250 CAD plus tax / shipping
IMB-A1000 is $180 CAD plus tax / shipping...however, it's not meant for the NA market (I live in Canuckistan) so it has to be special ordered out of Vietnam. my supplier is checking if there's a MOQ for the board.

so, if anyone is interested in any of these boards feel free to send me a PM and when I'm ready to order, see what I can do to help.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure what conversion tool you used...but XE says 210 pounds sterling is $351 CAD...

and you're right, the A1000 isn't thin ATX, but it's darned close. and the dual Gb Intel NIC might be attractive to those with a home lab. ;)

Oh, my bad. I read it as US dollars.

That GB Intel NIC along with ryzen is awesome though!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Y'all should check out this build!

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
are there other good thin-ITX mobos' for Intel CPU's from say the Skylake & Kaby Lake generations?