Motherboard Thin ITX Discussion Thread

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I'm in...here's my entry into #thinpcmasterrace

The GA-H110TN-M has arrived and is awaiting a CPU to be fitted and a quick run with an HDD while I'm shopping for an mSATA SSD to make it super compact.

Reactions: Windfall and Goatee

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I'm in...here's my entry into #thinpcmasterrace

The GA-H110TN-M has arrived and is awaiting a CPU to be fitted and a quick run with an HDD while I'm shopping for an mSATA SSD to make it super compact.

Awesome! I'll reveal more on my thin S4M later!

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Can anyone point me in the direction of some Thin itx boards compatible with 6th and 7th gen Intel CPUs? Needs to have at least a PCIe x4 slot.

Edit: Already aware of the Gigabyte 110 chipset board, wondering if there's anything else out there.

Last edited:

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
Have decided to build a thin itx system with dedicated graphics. Will use the ASRock IMB-1215 if I can find a source selling it paired with a single-slot GPU. The thermal solution will be challenging but fun to design. Anyone got tips on hardware/documentation/projects to share?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Have decided to build a thin itx system with dedicated graphics. Will use the ASRock IMB-1215 if I can find a source selling it paired with a single-slot GPU. The thermal solution will be challenging but fun to design. Anyone got tips on hardware/documentation/projects to share?

Email them. It's been on backorder for a while though.

Reactions: eiselx86

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
Can anyone point me in the direction of some Thin itx boards compatible with 6th and 7th gen Intel CPUs? Needs to have at least a PCIe x4 slot.

Edit: Already aware of the Gigabyte 110 chipset board, wondering if there's anything else out there.
Asus Q170T/CSM.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Seeking a thin AM4 board that I can find on sale outside of Taobao. That, or wait till Asrock's board becomes available. I have a 2200G in its box for months, and really wanna try it out :D

Reactions: Windfall

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
Seeking a thin AM4 board that I can find on sale outside of Taobao
We are on the same boat, buddy. I really like how assorted Taobao is, but the lack of insurance, indirect buying and small things like that adds up to the point where I don't feel safe buying in there... hope the Thin-ITX comes to stay in this side of the globe.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
We are on the same boat, buddy. I really like how assorted Taobao is, but the lack of insurance, indirect buying and small things like that adds up to the point where I don't feel safe buying in there... hope the Thin-ITX comes to stay in this side of the globe.
Maybe I should just order 5 of them. Two for me, sell the other three to the few interested folks. Would I have 3 interested people?

Reactions: Goatee

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
@Windfall I haven't checked what models are available for the am4 platform, gotta check later tonight.
No, I don't think there is. Taobao (and all other china shops) make it hard to browse by parameter.
If you'd want we could do a Google Docs spreadsheet together? Would be nice for other people!

I've been looking at the ASRock IMB-1215 due to the x16 PCI connector. My main need is PCI connector for a dedicated GPU. I'm gonna build a workstation that can handle autoCAD and light gaming.

Reactions: Jello and Windfall