Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@Flyingpepper well... not sure I'm all that happy about it.

The problem with Slack is that it's basically IRC and not a forum. The general channel is flooded with random chatter belonging to the random channel, making it practically impossible to keep up and potentially important information will easily get drowned out.

I understand the wish to gather all (or at least most) communication in one place instead of spreading it out over a whole bunch of forums and the Kickstarter comments, but IRC is apparently a bad choice. At least for now. Hopefully the chatterboxes will quiet down as time passes (but I doubt it).
Agreed, we are looking into other platforms currently and will likely move away from Slack with all the jibber jabber going on there.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
@Flyingpepper well... not sure I'm all that happy about it.

The problem with Slack is that it's basically IRC and not a forum. The general channel is flooded with random chatter belonging to the random channel, making it practically impossible to keep up and potentially important information will easily get drowned out.

I understand the wish to gather all (or at least most) communication in one place instead of spreading it out over a whole bunch of forums and the Kickstarter comments, but IRC is apparently a bad choice. At least for now. Hopefully the chatterboxes will quiet down as time passes (but I doubt it).

Yes, definitely agreed.

All slackers that were invited yesterday have gotten the chance to add their votes to the add-on prioritization excessive.

Currently it is looking like this:

We are executing:
- Dust filter kit
- OI TopHat gable + PCB
- Custom loop pump bracket + reservoir
- A variation of grills, colors and meterials

Next in line:
- Glass side panels
- Carrying case

Definitely going to need a polished copper grill. And I hope the glass panels aren’t too far off. I really like how large the panels are on Faggan’s build are and hope you guys do something similar.

Reactions: Biowarejak

elliot_alderson

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2017
First, I agree with what you're saying about Louqe sticking to their guns. It's great to listen to community feedback, but it also instills confidence in consumers if you have a vision for your product that you're seeking to execute. Everyone who is making comments about increasing the width hasn't participated in the discussions here that explain why it's not worth it.

Here is an Imgur album with captions that explains the issue. Basically, because of one of the motherboard heatsinks near the IO, I can only orient the cooler east-west and not north-south. If the heatsinks run towards the PCIe slot, they stick out too far and obstruct it. If I run them the opposite direction, the poke past the edge of the motherboard. This might actually be OK in some cases, but for the SG13 there is not enough room and it would be impossible to put the cover on the case. The RAM clearance appears to be the 43 mm as stated by Louqe in their test.

Edit: This is not an issue for the Ghost S1 as the use of the riser means that obstruction of the PCIe slot doesn't matter. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone building a test system early.

I'm ordering my parts early too, and just want to confirm that the NH-L12 can be orientated in the way it is on the last pic? Doesn't hit VRM heatsinks?

My current case won't have a problem with that if that works.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
This may have already been mentioned and this would probably be difficult to implement but a gable with a hot swapable 2.5" drive or two would be really cool

elliot_alderson

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2017
This may have already been mentioned and this would probably be difficult to implement but a gable with a hot swapable 2.5" drive or two would be really cool
That would be nice. I'm thinking of ways to have my 3x SSD's somewhat accessible. I'd like to see more about the SSD bracket for under the PSU or for tophat mounting. I'm currently thinking on the underside of a bottom hat.. Not really sure yet.

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Just reposting this here incase you guys didn't catch it but I suggested they make a private reddit page r/LOUQE which would be far better for collecting votes, sorting though comments and finding out what opinions/suggestions are popular. Making a sticky/megathread for different add ons and so on. I think its the perfect solution. @PaChalski One of the people in the slack channel has went and created the page already after my suggestion and is just holding it until they can transfer Mod control over to you guys should you decide to go that route.

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
The slack is a bit unbearable to be honest. So much random discussion all over the place, please explore other platforms -- I'm also ok with it staying in this thread, it worked so far and is organized and to the point.

Reactions: zacobin

92MPAU

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2017
Just reposting this here incase you guys didn't catch it but I suggested they make a private reddit page r/LOUQE which would be far better for collecting votes, sorting though comments and finding out what opinions/suggestions are popular. Making a sticky/megathread for different add ons and so on. I think its the perfect solution. @PaChalski One of the people in the slack channel has went and created the page already after my suggestion and is just holding it until they can transfer Mod control over to you guys should you decide to go that route.

+1 on the subreddit idea. We can assume most (if not all) backers would be Reddit users, or Reddit lurkers at least, compared to an arbitrary website, forum or chatroom.

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
I probably wouldn't bother looking to find/join said Reddit page until you here from Louqe announcing it. They haven't expressed any interest in using Reddit specifically yet, so we gotta hold tight.

Last edited:

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
+1 to the subbreddit idea. really not a fan of how disorganized Slack is.

Regarding private subreddit. I don't want to create an account with the email I used to back the Ghost, I have a seperate account for reddit, so if there is a way to invite that account, it would be preferable.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
+1 to the subbreddit idea. really not a fan of how disorganized Slack is.

Regarding private subreddit. I don't want to create an account with the email I used to back the Ghost, I have a seperate account for reddit, so if there is a way to invite that account, it would be preferable.

They could send an email out with a survey to collect Reddit usernames probably. I'm not sure how private subreddits work but they don't need your email address, do they?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I'm ordering my parts early too, and just want to confirm that the NH-L12 can be orientated in the way it is on the last pic? Doesn't hit VRM heatsinks?

My current case won't have a problem with that if that works.

I believe the only L12 orientation that will work in the Ghost is 180 deg opposite of that in the pic

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017

What do you mean by “gable”, please elaborate... this sounds interesting!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017

Yes, we are already there as Mods and will start the transition next week

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
Hi SFF, and PaChalski.

I'll be building a small form factor PC for the first time this summer, and am excited to have ordered the S1 in Limestone last week. I was wondering if there is any way I can amend my existing order to include the TopHat super-pack?

I'm still slowly working my way through this thread, so if I missed an obvious answer to this query, apologies in advance!