Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Cost me $360 CDN (no tophat), but I really like this case and it would be nice to have something smaller to carry around to some of my photography on site jobs

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I've seen in the tests that Louqe have used a Noctua NF-F12 PWM.
Why not a higher cfm fan? Better a high static pressure fan due to the restricted space?

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
Why not a higher cfm fan? Better a high static pressure fan due to the restricted space?

The purpose of the test was too find a good balance between cooling and noise I believe Louqe said it somewhere previously.
By all means you can strap in a higher RPM/pressure fan if you please.

Reactions: Biowarejak

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
The purpose of the test was too find a good balance between cooling and noise I believe Louqe said it somewhere previously.
By all means you can strap in a higher RPM/pressure fan if you please.

I mean, NF-F12 is a high static pressure fan (good for radiator, heatsinks), it has lower cfm and is a little louder, so why?

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
I mean, NF-F12 is a high static pressure fan (good for radiator, heatsinks), it has lower cfm and is a little louder, so why?
I misread what you said I thought you were talking about the A9 they used on the heatsinks.

Yea, they do use a NF-F12 under the PSU in those tests, but a fan in that placement provides little to negligible gains. It doesnt really matter what fan you put in the mount under the PSU imo.

EDIT: Which tests are you talking about, so I don't misunderstand again.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I misread what you said I thought you were talking about the A9 they used on the heatsinks.

Yea, they do use a NF-F12 under the PSU in those tests, but a fan in that placement provides little to negligible gains. It doesnt really matter what fan you put in the mount under the PSU imo.

EDIT: Which tests are you talking about, so I don't misunderstand again.

Heatsink test.
I think that a cfm oriented fan could be better because moves air widely...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

I believe they used the fan in question because it came with the NH-L12 heat sink, but would not fit on top of said heatsink. They used the included 92mm fan under the heat sink, and re-purposed the larger 120mm fan as a chassis fan...

moremoretea

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2017
For those who backed xs case and wanted a tophat now, should we purchase the tophat from slacker backer deal now? Because the tophat was 200sek more in the campaign, but it’s 39 Euro now...

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Any clue what retail prices are going to be for a top hat? I'm debating if I should buy one now just to have even though I won't use it until for quite some time..

I hope the Limestone case color looks good :)! I wanted that sleek white but I just couldn't spend the extra amount for the color :/

Reactions: Biowarejak