Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

kukkaroinen

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2017
Awesome-sauce, congrats! :thumb:

? ... what surprise?
The super early bird and early bird XS have this in their description: ”we will throw in an extra surprise in the package for you”.

Back on CPU coolers I might try going with the Wraith Spire and a 15mm or 25mm fan for it.

Reactions: Biowarejak

yourflyisdwn

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2017
What happens with cases that aren’t selected/bought during the Kickstarter?

What do you mean? They aren't made. Currently there are only a small handful of cases in existence right now. Those are sent to reviewers and used by the Louqe team to test hardware. Once the Kickstarter finishes the cases will be put into production based on the number ordered. So there should be no excess cases unless there are last second cancelations.

buLL

Average Stuffer
Mar 11, 2017
Hey @PaChalski

Congratulations for getting your Kickstarter goal bro!
I've been following your thread since the beggining (I was the 2nd ever to reply), and to be sincere, I didn't think back them that it would get much further, because of its similarities with Dan A4 case.
Clearly, I was wrong, you have an awesome case there!

Anyway, good luck, cheers :D

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for that. I had a feint memory that I had read a test like this before, just couldn’t find it.

Yeah I’m aware it’s the older L12. Got my eyes on one as they’re still sold here. I think I’ll just go with the L12 and call it a day. Not going to overclock my Ryzen to the max anyway.

I’ll reply to all the new posts in a sec, but this one I need to address right away! Before a catastrophe occurs. We have NOT tested the L12 on RYZEN! Since the L12 is at the very limit we can’t say for sure if it works or not! If the Stack height is only a little taller then Intel we will be in trouble and it would not be a suitable combo! With stack height I mean the height between the standoff’s and the top of the CPU, including Mobo PCB, socket and CPU. Could anyone help us here who actually have both “stacks” in your hands and check the “stack height delta” while we run down to the store to get ourselves some Ryzen components?

kukkaroinen

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2017
I’ll reply to all the new posts in a sec, but this one I need to address right away! Before a catastrophe occurs. We have NOT tested the L12 on RYZEN! Since the L12 is at the very limit we can’t say for sure if it works or not! If the Stack height is only a little taller then Intel we will be in trouble and it would not be a suitable combo! With stack height I mean the height between the standoff’s and the top of the CPU, including Mobo PCB, socket and CPU. Could anyone help us here who actually have both “stacks” in your hands and check the “stack height delta” while we run down to the store to get ourselves some Ryzen components?
That’s a very good point! Better keep my cooler plans theoretical until a certain option is confirmed :) thanks!

And ofc, congratulations!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
1. Will Early bird special (S, M, L) also include the extra surprise or only the XS one?

Yes!

2. Is there any way to lower the PCI-E slot to make room for a 1070 FTW without Tophats?
We are lowering it 1.5mm that all we can do

1. Will Early bird special (S, M, L)
3. What’s the best CPU cooler for the Ghost without tophats? I’m looking at the Noctua NH-L12 and bequiet Shadow rock LP but can’t decide without numbers. Are there any tests with different coolers?

We got the Shadowrock and C7 yesterday and will perform test this weekends!

Reactions: edrenmarc

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Hey @PaChalski

Congratulations for getting your Kickstarter goal bro!
I've been following your thread since the beggining (I was the 2nd ever to reply), and to be sincere, I didn't think back them that it would get much further, because of its similarities with Dan A4 case.
Clearly, I was wrong, you have an awesome case there!

Anyway, good luck, cheers :D

Yes, I remember that early comment, I also remember you acknowledgment of Ghost's uniqueness shortly after! A very powerful, positive comment actually!

Thanks bro!

Reactions: Biowarejak and buLL

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
We have NOT tested the L12 on RYZEN! Since the L12 is at the very limit we can’t say for sure if it works or not! If the Stack height is only a little taller then Intel we will be in trouble and it would not be a suitable combo! With stack height I mean the height between the standoff’s and the top of the CPU, including Mobo PCB, socket and CPU. Could anyone help us here who actually have both “stacks” in your hands and check the “stack height delta” while we run down to the store to get ourselves some Ryzen components?

Hello there! First of all congrats on your Kickstarter finish flag, amazing little case!
I've been lurking around here for some time now and I'm considering to back the project, but since I'm in the middle of getting RYZEN system with Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX motherboard and Noctua NH-L9x65 SE AM4 cooler, can anyone please confirm the total height of such combo cos I think that AMD socket and cooler placement is a bit higher than Intel. Now I saw for Intel CPU somebody said its 3mm till the side panel, but what about AMD RYZEN mobo in this case? Thanks in advance for answering and hope to see some ghosts soon. ;)

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017
Oh that will teach me! I was so keen to purchase as I thought there would be a 'run' on NH-L12… hoping that tests reveal compatible - if not any scope for the motherboard standoffs to be reduced in height? Are they fixed in or can they be swapped out for shorter?

In addition it would be really handy if you were able to check the Shadowrock LP (with Noctua fan) - this combo looks like can handle a higher TDP - mounted to a Ryzen CPU/motherboard… appreciate you have loads of requests…

Last edited:

Gravexmind

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for that. I had a feint memory that I had read a test like this before, just couldn’t find it.

Yeah I’m aware it’s the older L12. Got my eyes on one as they’re still sold here. I think I’ll just go with the L12 and call it a day. Not going to overclock my Ryzen to the max anyway.
How can I tell if it’s an old L12 or a new one?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
How can I tell if it’s an old L12 or a new one?

New one will be listed as L12S and have a thin 120mm fan bottom mounted. The original L12 have 2 fans, 92mm and 120mm.

Original

New

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Time for the large CPU cooler test, we have a bunch of coolers ready, which ones should be included? 4 of each type is probably the right amount for a clean report. The units we have in the lab are listed below:

AIR:
  • Noctua HN-L9i Link
  • Noctua NH-L9x65 Link
  • Noctua NH-L12 Link
  • ZALMAN CNPS8900 Quiet Link
  • Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B + NF-A12x15 PWM Link, Fan
  • Cryorig C7 Link
  • ShadowRock LP + NF-A12x15 PWM Link, Fan

LIQUID:

• Corsair H100i v2 Link
  • Corsair H80i v2 Link
  • Fractal Design Celsius S24 Link
  • NZXT Kraken X52 Link
  • NZXT Kraken X31 Link

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
Actually, the L9x65 would probably be better to test than the C7.

Additionally, would the MSI 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO work? There's a group buy for them on Massdrop right now so if that would fit it might be a good deal in the meantime.

kukkaroinen

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2017
Votes for Shadowrock LP, Big Shuriken and NH-L12 from me :) Celsius S24 for water.

And if you get Ryzen in your hands at some point the Wraith Spire with a fitting fan would be awesome aswell!

Reactions: cmyk78

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Additionally, would the MSI 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO work? There's a group buy for them on Massdrop right now so if that would fit it might be a good deal in the meantime.

We will be testing GPUs on monday, befordran that I can’t really say for sure.