Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I'd prefer it even more if that whole strip was removable, I'd like to replace it with a custom panel for custom loop quick disconnects and it would be nice if I wasn't forced to only the bottom position. :)

We will take a closer look at this solution very soon and bounce the solution of off you before we lock it down.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@PaChalski

I have mentioned it before in this thread, and I noticed you had responded to the thread on [h] about looking into this...

Pedestals...!

Some way to get more clearance for venting from below...

I imagine three different Pedestals; S, M, & L...

Pedestals would have 10mm wide 'feet', 20mm tall cutouts / vents with a 20mm radius where the panel / vent becomes the 'feet'...

S - 37mm height, room for two slim (15mm thick) fans...

M - 47mm height, room for two standard (25mm thick) fans...

L - 77mm height, room for 240mm AIO...

I would have cutouts / vents on all four sides, but the Pedestal might also be a good way to bring front I/O into the mix (keeping the I/O down low), so cutouts / vents on three sides for I/O option models...?

Since the TopHats are modular (four corner pieces, two short front & back panels, & two long side panels), Pedestals would be the same... This means the switch to front I/O would be swapping out one short panel to the front...

Along with Pedestals, mix it up a bit on the bottom panel for the chassis...

Current bottom panel is the one with rectangular venting & slots for attaching fans...

How about a model that has cutouts for 120mm fans (circular openings, for maximum airflow) but blocks off everything else...

This 120mm fan specific model could be included with the S & M Pedestals, the L Pedestal would use the included stock bottom panel from the stock chassis...

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski

I have mentioned it before in this thread, and I noticed you had responded to the thread on [h] about looking into this...

Pedestals...!

Some way to get more clearance for venting from below...

I imagine three different Pedestals; S, M, & L...

Pedestals would have 10mm wide 'feet', 20mm tall cutouts / vents with a 20mm radius where the panel / vent becomes the 'feet'...

S - 37mm height, room for two slim (15mm thick) fans...

M - 47mm height, room for two standard (25mm thick) fans...

L - 77mm height, room for 240mm AIO...

I would have cutouts / vents on all four sides, but the Pedestal might also be a good way to bring front I/O into the mix (keeping the I/O down low), so cutouts / vents on three sides for I/O option models...?

Since the TopHats are modular (four corner pieces, two short front & back panels, & two long side panels), Pedestals would be the same... This means the switch to front I/O would be swapping out one short panel to the front...

Along with Pedestals, mix it up a bit on the bottom panel for the chassis...

Current bottom panel is the one with rectangular venting & slots for attaching fans...

How about a model that has cutouts for 120mm fans (circular openings, for maximum airflow) but blocks off everything else...

This 120mm fan specific model could be included with the S & M Pedestals, the L Pedestal would use the included stock bottom panel from the stock chassis...

Magic is being created again, we will call them "Boil Pedestals" =) added to the addon-list!

Reactions: Biowarejak and Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Magic is being created again, we will call them "Boil Pedestals" =) added to the addon-list!

Cool beans...!

A (very) rough sketch of what I was thinking about...

twozerotwo

What's an ITX?
Nov 26, 2017
Question!, I'm worried about GPU sizes, What kind of GPU will fit in Louqe, Will GPU like Zotac (besides the mini) 1080ti Amp Edition fit?

Edit:

Any recommended 1080ti GPU's?

Last edited:

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Question!, I'm worried about GPU sizes, What kind of GPU will fit in Louqe, Will GPU like Zotac (besides the mini) 1080ti Amp Edition fit?

Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Edition should fit (with its 2.1ish-slot cooler) but the position of its pci-e power connectors (at the top right corner of the card) may require 90-degree elbow pci-e power plugs/adapters or a top hat (of any size).

Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme has a 3-slot cooler which won't fit.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
@PaChalski please use the multi-quote feature when answering a lot of questions. Having one and a half pages to scroll through with only your replies is no fun.

You can Multi-Quote by clicking the +QUOTE button in the lower-right corner of each post. This persits over pages and reloads. You can then click "Insert Quotes" in the reply box.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017

Edit:

Any recommended 1080ti GPU's?
According to the specifications it looks like it would fit using an S-TopHat. We will do a number of tests shortly, a relationship with Scandinavia’s largest retailer has been established, they are getting the case and will help us with all the compatibility testing so we have actuall proven tests in place for the majority of the GPUs. Give us another coupe of days to produce those lists.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Your photos show a pretty large right angle c13 connector, do you think this will change for the production unit? if it was shorter the psu could be moved up creating more space underneath.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Y
Your photos show a pretty large right angle c13 connector, do you think this will change for the production unit? if it was shorter the psu could be moved up creating more space underneath.
Yes, there will be a totally different power extension in the production unit with an optional set of mounting holes further up on the blade for when pipes won't need the space above the PSU. In fact there are 27 minor updates lite this one noted, we would gladly bounce them off of you before publishing! Also one of the leading system integrator in Scandinavia will have a look at it and give us their two cents, possibly extending the list.

kukkaroinen

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2017
1. Will Early bird special (S, M, L) also include the extra surprise or only the XS one?

2. Is there any way to lower the PCI-E slot to make room for a 1070 FTW without Tophats?

3. What’s the best CPU cooler for the Ghost without tophats? I’m looking at the Noctua NH-L12 and bequiet Shadow rock LP but can’t decide without numbers. Are there any tests with different coolers?

yourflyisdwn

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2017
1. Will Early bird special (S, M, L) also include the extra surprise or only the XS one?

2. Is there any way to lower the PCI-E slot to make room for a 1070 FTW without Tophats?

3. What’s the best CPU cooler for the Ghost without tophats? I’m looking at the Noctua NH-L12 and bequiet Shadow rock LP but can’t decide without numbers. Are there any tests with different coolers?

Here are the tests they did with some compatible CPU coolers. Just be aware that the NH-L12 is the older model that's just now being phased out, not the new NH-L12s that does not fit. You can still pick one up new on eBay for retail price.

http://louqe.com/img/img/ext/ext/GhostS1CPUheatSinkTest.pdf

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Here are the tests they did with some compatible CPU coolers. Just be aware that the NH-L12 is the older model that's just now being phased out, not the new NH-L12s that does not fit. You can still pick one up new on eBay for retail price.

I had forgotten about the Zalman CNPS 8900 Quiet cooler. I believe this is a discontinued cooler that fits 1156 CPU sockets which have the same mounting hole spacing as later 115x sockets. Too bad there is no adapter kit for the AM4 socket.

kukkaroinen

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2017

Thanks for that. I had a feint memory that I had read a test like this before, just couldn’t find it.

Yeah I’m aware it’s the older L12. Got my eyes on one as they’re still sold here. I think I’ll just go with the L12 and call it a day. Not going to overclock my Ryzen to the max anyway.

Blood

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2017
Awesome work Louqe team! Can’t wait to get my hands on mine!

Anything you can share from Dreamhack for those of us who couldn’t be there?

Reactions: PaChalski