Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Is the VAT automatically removed for people purchasing from outside of Europe, or is there a way to claim it back?

We will not mention VAT this time. It caused a lot of unnecessary confusion. To answer your question we will be forced to pay 25% VAT to the Swedish government no matter what. In theory you could claim this back, but in practice we have come to realize it is not worth it. When you see the final price of this thing, you will forget about VAT anyway ;)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Hi, yes, a hole to lock the case is important.

Consider an entry build with gtx1060 and ghost s1, the total price of the computer can easily go above USD 1000.
I don't consider my place is in a safe area, so adding a lock would give me a peace of mind.

It is added to the list of "final updates"

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
There have been some questions here in the forum regarding the EVGA FTW3 card, especially from that Mellon man ;)

We have tested it and there are a couple of issues with it:
  • Plastic fan shield comes in contact with the inner corner of the back gable (see image), this will be adjusted in final version
  • The logo part in the top of the card is right on the limit, the PCI-riser will be lowered another millimeter for other reasons so that will help
  • PCI-Power connectors on the card are placed high up and could cause issues if no TopHat is used. With a 90 degree elbow it should work
We can't tell you at this point it will fit, only that we love this card and will make what we can to make it fit like a glove!

anjesh

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2017
Come on man, ease the suspense already! Are you planning on medium TH in the bottom with a 120 AIO there?
hey PaChalski, i was looking more into the case and I really like the design and everything, especially the L top hat. I can finally move in to a smaller case from a mid tower with mini itx MB. The one thing that concerned me was the last kickstarter, did the people who backed the last case get their case or money back since it was canceled?

Reactions: PaChalski

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
The one thing that concerned me was the last kickstarter, did the people who backed the last case get their case or money back since it was canceled?
Yes, that's the whole idea behind kickstarter. The money isn't actually charged until the campaign ends, so if the campaign fails, you aren't charged.

Reactions: PaChalski

compmix

Chassis Packer
Nov 2, 2017
We will not mention VAT this time. It caused a lot of unnecessary confusion. To answer your question we will be forced to pay 25% VAT to the Swedish government no matter what. In theory you could claim this back, but in practice we have come to realize it is not worth it. When you see the final price of this thing, you will forget about VAT anyway ;)

FYI, check out this link to see how TouchKeys solved the VAT problem: Kickstarter - TouchKeys VAT outside of EU

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
FYI, check out this link to see how TouchKeys solved the VAT problem: Kickstarter - TouchKeys VAT outside of EU

Hmm... if memory serves me correctly, I think I read somewhere that this won't work in Sweden (where Louqe is located) since their government has begun imposing mandatory VAT for any and all crowd funding projects? But maybe there's still a loop hole for non-EU residents?

Reactions: Biowarejak
D

Deleted member 4779

@PaChalski

Just wanted to follow-up:

• If using an M hat with two fans (I'm assuming these are limited to 120mm fans and cannot fit 140mm fans, correct?), is the hat in the bottom position (intake, positive pressure) or top position (exhaust, negative pressure) better? Did you happen to have a chance to compare these two configurations?
  • The spine does not have a non-conductive "plastic sheet" like the A4. Is this a non-concern? (I don't even know if it was a legitimate concern with the A4, I just remember it being a design decision that was explicitly marketed with the A4).

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski
  • If using an M hat with two fans (I'm assuming these are limited to 120mm fans and cannot fit 140mm fans, correct?), is the hat in the bottom position (intake, positive pressure) or top position (exhaust, negative pressure) better? Did you happen to have a chance to compare these two configurations?

Correct, the full case width is 139,9 mm so 140 mm fans do not fit. We did run some tests last night and will try to put them in a nice digestible format before we go to bed today.

@PaChalski
  • The spine does not have a non-conductive "plastic sheet" like the A4. Is this a non-concern? (I don't even know if it was a legitimate concern with the A4, I just remember it being a design decision that was explicitly marketed with the A4).

This is of no concern in the Ghost, the GPU sits at a good 6mm away from the spine to create som air throughput and there are no strains in the case that could cause the GPU to be pushed towards the center.

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
Here are some pictures with the S24 AIO installed in the bottom. A very nice choice for the Ghost btw!
  • Quiet
  • No cable clutter
  • Great thermals
  • Swedish ;)
  • Quick easy installation

Will we really be able to put the tophat in the bottom????? That is freaking amazing!!!!
- I then suppose the combo bottomhat+case+tophat will be possible, in which case people will have 240mm for both cpu and gpu in less than 14 liters.
- With the bottomhat the air circulation is more optimized. Now gpu, cpu and psu get fresh air from the outside.
- I personally find it now more aesthetically pleasing with the bottomhat than the tophat. The power button is now more centered in height.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4779

Correct, the full case width is 139,9 mm so 140 mm fans do not fit. We did run some tests last night and will try to put them in a nice digestible format before we go to bed today.

This is of no concern in the Ghost, the GPU sits at a good 6mm away from the spine to create som air throughput and there are no strains in the case that could cause the GPU to be pushed towards the center.

Thank you so much!

Neville

Efficiency Noob
Nov 5, 2017
How is the thermal situation for the aio on the bottom? Are you pulling air in from the bottom or pushing it out? I think you might have a better thermal solution if the aio was placed on the top.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
How is the thermal situation for the aio on the bottom? Are you pulling air in from the bottom or pushing it out? I think you might have a better thermal solution if the aio was placed on the top.

In all configurations the air is directed upwards. You might be right about placing AIO in the top, se results from tests in coming posts.