Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

evilsparx

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2017
I'm starting to think that having an I/O only on the top hats and not the base model is the way to go.

As long as it doesn't take up to much room in the top hat, I'd still like to fit a large AIO there as well

Reactions: PaChalski

circlemeone

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2017
I would prefer the power button on the back with only the power indicator in the front, which makes it look even cleaner.

Functionality-wise, do people turn off their PCs these days? I keep my PC on auto-sleep and turn on with wireless mouse/keyboard.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I turn mine off semi-frequently, but mostly because I'm dealing with buggy software :) I think the button serves the design well in the current location however.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
any updates on the design?

We have concluded we are pretty happy with the current design in theory, there are some different opinions regarding the power button and the I/O that will be discussed and evaluated when we get the physical prototype. In practice the design remains to be tested.

We have been told the prototype will be here in Stockholm on Wednesday next week, then all the tests will be performed - both mechanical and performance tests.

What would you all like to see in the test reports, noise, temps, different configurations etc.? Are there specific stress test software that make more sense to use? 3D-mark?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Mac_nuggets

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2017
We have concluded we are pretty happy with the current design in theory, there are some different opinions regarding the power button and the I/O that will be discussed and evaluated when we get the physical prototype. In practice the design remains to be tested.

We have been told the prototype will be here in Stockholm on Wednesday next week, then all the tests will be performed - both mechanical and performance tests.

What would you all like to see in the test reports, noise, temps, different configurations etc.? Are there specific stress test software that make more sense to use? 3D-mark?
Nice to hear the prototype is close. A test report, with a high wattage system, including noise and temps would be fantastic. If a high end system is cooled properly with respectable noise then anything will work beautifully. Keep up the good work.

zthan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 6, 2017
I just registered to leave this message.

First of all, I love what you've been doing with the case so far, I'll back it day one once it's up for funding/preorder again.

I've fallen in love with the design first time I saw it, but feel a bit disappointed with the recent change with the placement of the power button, it really takes away the special, super clean, timeless look of the case for me, and it kind of looks like an afterthought in its current form with the power LED not integrated with the power button but instead just hanging above it in its original position, it's the only flaw in an otherwise perfect design. If there's no way to move the power button from the font side to the top or the left/right sides, please at least consider merging the two. Great job so far!

Last edited:

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I just registered to leave this message.

First of all, I love what you've been doing with the case so far, I'll back it day one once it's up for funding/preorder again.

I've fallen in love with the design first time I saw it, but feel a bit disappointed with the recent change with the placement of the power button, it really takes away the special, super clean, timeless look of the case for me, and it kind of looks like an afterthought in its current form with the power LED not integrated with the power button but instead just hanging above it in its original position, it's the only flaw in an otherwise perfect design. If there's no way to move the power button from the font side to the top or the left/right sides, please at least consider merging the two. Great job so far!

Hi @zthan

Thank you for going through the trouble of registring to share this! Truly appreciated. We share this concern. We won't approve anything that takes away from the clean design. We are aiming at creating a button that is completely flush with the case and barely visible yet a detail that adds to the whole. If this can't be done then we will need to re-evaluate the placement of the power button.

Below another rendering, it is hard to judge from these but it should give an idea.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hi @zthan

Thank you for going through the trouble of registring to share this! Truly appreciated. We share this concern. We won't approve anything that takes away from the clean design. We are aiming at creating a button that is completely flush with the case and barely visible yet a detail that adds to the whole. If this can't be done then we will need to re-evaluate the placement of the power button.

Below another rendering, it is hard to judge from these but it should give an idea.

So hard to see the button... I think I like that.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Nice rendering! Beautiful design.
I think the button will be slightly more apparent in reality with tolerance gaps.

zthan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 6, 2017
Hi @zthan

I still feel like it's a compromise, but it does look really nice overall, better than the original render with the button on the front, thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

waitlist

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2017
Beautiful design, I've bookmarked this and check if there are any updates everyday, lol.
Also signed up to comment about the power button.

I really like the clean front, with no button/light at all.

Can the power button can be in the back. Yes, it's not "natural" to reach your hand to the back of the case to power something on. That way, the front will be "clean" maybe too minimal.

can't wait for the prototype pic! (next week?)

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
Hi,
I literally just read the entirety of this forum in an effort to learn as much as I can about this project. Safe to say I am very excited about what you guys are doing and will definitely be backing/buying when you guys go to market!

A few questions
- I know there had been questions regarding 2 x 120mm AIO in a H tophat for both the cpu and gpu. While you said that it wasn't supported initially you left it kinda open ended and I would love to get some clarification on this. I did extensive research on the ncase m1 and I think you would be surprised by just how much this type of setup is desired! It would definitely make me much more attracted to this case.

- The Krona and the USD have fluctuated a lot in the last few months, I was wandering if prices will be adjusted for the re-launch. The original KS was at sek1650 which was about 180 - 185 usd at the time, now its at 210 usd, so some clarification on this as well would be appreciated. Also, will there be a way to remove/get back VAT if you are buying from North America?

- As I watched the progression of this project in the forum the one design change I really did not like was the removal of the USB ports and the changing of the power button location. When I saw the original renders for this case it struck me for how absolutely clean it was. I absolutely loved the small light near the top of the front panel for the PWR LED (it was so minimalist and gorgeous), with the power button and all the I/O located on the top. I know this comes with some design challenges, but I think if your aim is to really make one of the best cases on the market then its imperative you get front I/O back on this case, something that may be phased out someday, but for now is still very relevant. If I may, I didn't really like the inclusion of an HDMI port (I think it makes for more complicated cable routing and without a third USB port there really is no point, and I mean a VR headset is a very stationary and permanent thing, while a USB drive is taken in and out all the time), I think 2 x USB A 3.1 is a great choice, and if you can fit front panel audio instead of the HDMI I think that would be a great swap.

- Are you taking any steps to ensure that the back of the graphics card doesn't make contact with the metal spine or even the motherboard or psu? I'm thinking about Dan case's decision to include the plastic divider to ensure that you were never going to damage or even short out your graphics card or motherboard.

Some small, inconsequential suggestions
- I don't know if you are still taking color suggestions, but a dark navy blue would be amazing looking in my opinion.

- perhaps instead of just plain circles for ventilation holes you could add some design there. I really liked the triangular design for ventilation holes on the corsair one, maybe you could look to that for some inspiration

Last edited:

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Beautiful design, I've bookmarked this and check if there are any updates everyday, lol.
Also signed up to comment about the power button.

I really like the clean front, with no button/light at all.

Can the power button can be in the back. Yes, it's not "natural" to reach your hand to the back of the case to power something on. That way, the front will be "clean" maybe too minimal.

can't wait for the prototype pic! (next week?)

We are not afraid of taking a radical route if it makes sense. This would make sense if people seldom used the power button. And maybe that actually is the case nowadays? I myself rarely power my computer off completely and start it using the mouse.