Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Obadious

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2017
New to the SFF forum here. I saw your project and I have to say you are making me want one, sort of a Dan case, but more scandinavian and modular. Do you have any rough price range at this point or is it still to early?

S**t, as a Dane I need to say something negative now to even things out... Is it possible to switch the terrible looking swedish flag...

When it launched on Kickstarter, I believe the base price (not the super early bird one) was about $300 USD after shipping.

Also, as a non-European who actually kinda likes the Swedish flag but understands that others might not...I believe it's just a little fabric tab of sorts that acts as a simple "handle" to remove the outer layer. I recall there was some sort of update in a forum that included different options for said tab, including a blank one. Please confirm (or deny), PaChalski!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
New to the SFF forum here. I saw your project and I have to say you are making me want one, sort of a Dan case, but more scandinavian and modular. Do you have any rough price range at this point or is it still to early?

S**t, as a Dane I need to say something negative now to even things out... Is it possible to switch the terrible looking swedish flag...

Prices will be recalculated ones we will have all the updated quotes from suppliers based on the new design. But I can say that we are defiantly not rising the price from before.

Sertainly, the flag can be changed and the case will not be shipped with the Swedish flag but with a subtitle rag/leather tag.

Mac_nuggets

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2017
When it launched on Kickstarter, I believe the base price (not the super early bird one) was about $300 USD after shipping.

Also, as a non-European who actually kinda likes the Swedish flag but understands that others might not...I believe it's just a little fabric tab of sorts that acts as a simple "handle" to remove the outer layer. I recall there was some sort of update in a forum that included different options for said tab, including a blank one. Please confirm (or deny), PaChalski!

It is all fun and games (regarding the flag and "hate"), we in the nordic countries have a brotherly relationship, banter included.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
PaChalski, you definitely should provide the option of contrasty colored TopHat. Imagine: light color body and mate black top. (or in reverse) A simple solution, but significant improvement to style and more recognizable character.

This is great! And I believe we have shown some mad combinations here in this thread, no? Tophats will be available as separate add-ons, allowing you to choose any combination.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
hey @PaChalski , do you think Thermalright's AXP100 low profile cpu coolers will fit inside the case? The height is 65mm.

@ondert we are currently looking at 65,2 mm CPU clearance + an additional 2.5 mm space to avoid turbulence. Hence, the Thermalright's AXP100 should fit perfectly. However, we will need to test every cooler in practice before recommending it.

We will present the updated design shortly in order to bounce everything off of you guys!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
The last couple of weeks have been hectic but we managed to send all the blueprints to the manufacturer before the weekend. Now awaiting the feedback for a final review meeting on Wednesday before we order the new Alpha-prototype. The purpose of that unit will be to test everything in practice, both in terms of functionality and performance. It will be a CNC milled version without surface treatments, so don't expect a beauty.

After the review meeting on Wednesday we will be able to start sharing the details of the updated design. Some features have been radically changed but the overall dimensions and format are roughly the same.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
A rendering of the smallest and largest model.