Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

popo2076

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2017
Hi PaChalski, you mentioned in your earlier post that it's yet to be decided if the Ghost will go through crowdfunding again. Does that mean there's some certainty that this case will be realised, even without Kickstarter? I much prefer your case to the Dan Case v2, but the Dan Case has the advantage of certainty, since it's already funded. Sorry for bringing up a competitor.

I agree. If S1 released date will be faster than 24/6/2017. I'll funding S1 too. but please known that waiting specific sff case is so difficult thing to customer becoz one project will be canceled or delayed continuously,many people get lost chance to get any other SFF case..
each case have each case's attractive. so I wanna tell the louqe team and others that please don't compare selling volume with any other cases. it's not first thing. just be S1 it self. so please upload many and obvious information for S1 fan.

jakobl

Minimal Tinkerer
May 24, 2017
Hi @jakobl, as with all start-ups they are filled with certainties and as you mention there are alternatives that are more certain. We are are currently manufacturing the updated version that will be shipped to reviewers, the reactions we receive there will help in guiding us on how to best take the product to the market. Crowdfunding has many advantages and provides additional security to everyone involved but it also increases total cost.
Ok, I'm sticking with you guys. I'm Danish, so I'm a sucker for your minimalist Scandinavian design aesthetic.

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
I just think this is the ultimate case so the 24/6/2017 expiry for crowdfunding of a certain other case doesn't really concern me.

But most people are weighing the options hard right now
From what I saw that certain case is already overfunded, and they are willing to wait until jan 2018 to receive it.
My fear is that because this case is not well known yet, a lot of the potential market will already be saturated due to the huge investments in said kickstarter.

tsuko

Case Bender
New User
Jan 5, 2017
@PaChalski Glad to see you've increased the size slightly for wider CPU cooler compatibility - it's looking great, and I'm a big fan of dust filters if you can include them. For colours, I'd love to see the final product available in the arctic white you've shown off on your website.

May I ask, is it currently possible to install a 3.5mm HDD in one of the top hats instead of a radiator? Are there mounting screw positions up there?

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I agree. If S1 released date will be faster than 24/6/2017. I'll funding S1 too. but please known that waiting specific sff case is so difficult thing to customer becoz one project will be canceled or delayed continuously,many people get lost chance to get any other SFF case..
each case have each case's attractive. so I wanna tell the louqe team and others that please don't compare selling volume with any other cases. it's not first thing. just be S1 it self. so please upload many and obvious information for S1 fan.

It is not likely we will launch before the 24:th. We have changed every single component in the case apart from a couple of screws. We want to make it as good as it possibly can be and that's one of the reasons we halted the first KS - "Aiming for perfection". The plan is to launch in July again.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski Do we have an expected release date for this case?

And also please post a picture of Ghost S1 and Dan A4 SFX for size comparison.

thanks

Not sure we will do that, we can tell you all about the Ghost, what is can do and how it performs. Hopefully comparisons will be made by others.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski Glad to see you've increased the size slightly for wider CPU cooler compatibility - it's looking great, and I'm a big fan of dust filters if you can include them. For colours, I'd love to see the final product available in the arctic white you've shown off on your website.

May I ask, is it currently possible to install a 3.5mm HDD in one of the top hats instead of a radiator? Are there mounting screw positions up there?

The plan is to include filters, we are still working on the design for bottom filters.

3.5" HDDs are possible to fit, Mounting brackets that fit into the existing 120mm fan/rad slots are easy to develop and produce, hence not on our critical timeline, these will be developed when everything else is.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
In our “PAUSING FOR PERFECTION”-mail we said: “Take this opportunity to address all your feedback, update the product designs, get a new pre-production batch out of the factory, put it in the hands of reviewers…”

We have been busy bees the last couple of months delivering on that promise. After involving you guys in rehashing the feedback and the need for adjustments we have spent a month or so tweaking the constructional concept and finally locked it in. We are excited and proud of the solutions and are eagerly waiting to materialize them and present them to you as soon as we have them back from the drawing board. As swedes tend to go for long summer vacations we believe that we’ll have something to present in early August.

Our time plan ambitions now look as follows:
Aug: Detailed construction specification and Alpha Prototype
Sep: Final adjustments, Manufacturing specifications and pre-production batch
Oct: Reviewers and launch

mus

Case Bender
New User
Jul 7, 2017
Just signed up to congratulate you on this work. What I really want to know is if it would be possible to put another GPU in the top hat (non-sli of course)?

Last edited:

Juanithor

What's an ITX?
Jul 17, 2017
Hi there, just wanted to ask a few things
1-Its possible to send any design ideas/improvements to you? and where do i have to write to you?
2-Its possible to be a reviewer? really interested in your project
3-Of course, congrats!!

Obadious

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2017
How else would I review this little beast?

That being said, I'm waiting on my Sentry to ship out, and I just bought the Dan v2, so I really need to add this to the collection. I can review it/them eventually!

(Nintendo, send me free stuff.)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
/grabs popcorn.

When can we pre-order so we get it for launch? ;p
When I said launch I meant pre-order launch / KS launch. Delivery will be 8-10 weeks later. Sorry for being unclear. We want to learn from the criticism and do this right this time around. Letting one or two review it before opening the ordering forms.

Just signed up to congratulate you on this work. What I really want to know is if it would be possible to put another GPU in the top hat (non-sli of course)?

What interface would you be using for the GPU in the top? If the dimensions of the GPU are right it should work. Don't quote me on this one... we need to test us first

Hi there, just wanted to ask a few things
1-Its possible to send any design ideas/improvements to you? and where do i have to write to you?
2-Its possible to be a reviewer? really interested in your project
3-Of course, congrats!!

1. You are more than welcome to send us design ideas. We are very close to closing the last details of the specs but they still have a chance of getting in. If not, they will be concidered for the next project. You could just post them right here, IM me or write us at hello@louqe.com

2. Sure, we'll have a limited number of review units and will need to choose who gets these carefully. Send us an e-mail regrding this as well.

3. Let's take this all the way!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mac_nuggets

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2017
New to the SFF forum here. I saw your project and I have to say you are making me want one, sort of a Dan case, but more scandinavian and modular. Do you have any rough price range at this point or is it still to early?

S**t, as a Dane I need to say something negative now to even things out... Is it possible to switch the terrible looking swedish flag...