Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

White Milk

What's an ITX?
May 9, 2017
I love the white case from before the redesign and am glad to that you're not ruling it out yet. But that ash gray/desert rose combo is freaking dope.

I can't wait for the next Kickstarter to roll around but picking a color will be insanely difficult. I wish I could justify buying two or three (or four...) right away.

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
This is a bit of a stupid question, but where exactly is the power button and what does it feel like?

Also, can anything be done (on my part as a buyer) to easily accommodate for a taller GPU like the EVGA 1080 FTW? It's listed height is 142.7 mm, which is slightly over to the 136 mm limit.

The power button is on the top of the shell, it is a two part solution where a rubber membrane sits in the top Grill and a micro switch that is soldered to the IO-panel underneath

By not mounting the "Cooling Platform" where fans and rads can be mounted you free another 4-5mm och vertical clearance, so it looks like a tight fit, but remember that GPU-heights are provided in different ways, sometimes they including bottom connectors and in practice they are not allays true. Later we will present all components that are compatible and even to recommended setup for different applications, i.e "Silencio", "Balls-To-The-Walls" etc.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
hello I just found your Kickstarter and this forum a couple of days ago and I've been thru all the page of this topic and I dont understand the heigh with the GPU size on this picture it say "H 144" and on the post page 11 it say "H 136"

as someone new to pc building how do you measure a card
In the link there are three picture of a MSI GTX1080 gaming 8G card where I measure at different place.
which one is the correct way ( dimension on MSI website are taken like on picture A)

Thank you

The new design has a lower Spine and a slightly deeper "push" in the "Cooling deck" above the GPU, this has resulted in a lower GPU comparability.

However, we are providing defensive figures on the GPU height, it is measured from where the card sticks out from the PCIe-slot and to the top. The full card height is some 5mm higher than the provided figures.

As a reference, the ASUS 1080 STRIX card leaves 5mm to spare above the card

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
We have widened the case and the changes are close to being finished and has resulted in a couple of other benefits, one aesthetical is that the grill now has a 2,5mm margin from side to first hole in both directions.

The total width increase in this design is 5mm, all has gone to the CPU side.

We have added mounting holes in the Base plate for a 120mm case fan that can be installed if no 2.5” drives are used.

See the visual difference in image below, no radical difference in but slightly fatter. This change will make the case drastically more compatible with CPU the coolers out there today.

66.5m with side filters and 68.5 without them, what are your thoughts?

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Any example CPU Coolers you have in mind?
We won't take it as official compatibility.

Edit : I mean, I can think of a certain noctua cooler, but apparently the stock Ryzen Cooler is only 54mm(Edit 3: NVM, it is 70mm tall) and provides similar cooling.

Edit 2: RAIJINTEK Pallas?

Last edited:
Reactions: HooglyBoogly

jakobl

Minimal Tinkerer
May 24, 2017
The photographs on the wall in the kickstarter - who's the photographer? Think that has been asked before, but couldn't find it. Anyways, awesome case. Looking forward to seeing it return to kickstarter.

Last edited:

Obadious

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2017
Do you plan on giving the case to reviewers before the next release? I'm sure this has been asked before, but it would be very greatly appreciated by the community.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Do you plan on giving the case to reviewers before the next release? I'm sure this has been asked before, but it would be very greatly appreciated by the community.
Yes, before the re-launch we will make sure it gets reviwed - first in line is Sweclockers

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Moving to production phase

Time is limited and there are many opinions to consider. We have been evaluating the last major change for a couple of days now, the wider Core has been produced (from laser cut Plexiglas and 3D prints) and tested.

The major benefits are the following:

· Better CPU cooling compatibility

· Easier build and increased cable management space in the center of the case

· The top grill now has a perfect hole pattern with even margins to each side

· PSU-bracket now fits inside of cooling deck instead of underneath it – allowing us to move the PSU-bracket up in the hanging orientation and making the SFX-L work better in hanging orientation.

· Opens for ODD solution in TopHats

The main cons are the following:

· Larger total case volume, increased by 4%

· More dead space when using TopHats

· Larger footprint

The decision is to go for the wider design. Some will be disappointed, hopefully this decision satisfies most of you.

IO-panel question has been decided to go for 2 * USB type-A 3.1 gen 1 in the standard solution.

We will not be able to satisfy everyone’s preferences with this one product; some compromises are needed for the product to reach the market and we can’t stay in the design phase much longer. We are convinced that the product holds a strong value proposition and embodies the best blend of innovation, performance, design, flexibility and miniaturization currently out there.

We are about to move to the Sample and Tooling phase where most of our efforts will be spent the coming weeks to ensure the Ghost becomes reality. A re-launch take place as soon as we are through these two phases – the plan is intact where the re launch will take place during the summer with deliveries to the first buyers Oct-Nov. If it’ll be through crowdfunding or not is still to be decided.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I think the decision to increase the width slightly is the correct one, for all the reasons you stated already. I look forward to reading reviews of this innovative case.

popo2076

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2017
how good looking!! I think this is one of the best ssf case design. but I worried that the spine parts durability looks weak because of thickness.

Last edited:

PlatinumMad

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2016
I think some real close up photos, not renders, would go a long way for this project. So far all I've seen is 90% renders and I think people would be more confident in your product if there were real pictures. I really hope this case succeeds!

jakobl

Minimal Tinkerer
May 24, 2017
Hi PaChalski, you mentioned in your earlier post that it's yet to be decided if the Ghost will go through crowdfunding again. Does that mean there's some certainty that this case will be realised, even without Kickstarter? I much prefer your case to the Dan Case v2, but the Dan Case has the advantage of certainty, since it's already funded. Sorry for bringing up a competitor.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I think some real close up photos, not renders, would go a long way for this project. So far all I've seen is 90% renders and I think people would be more confident in your product if there were real pictures. I really hope this case succeeds!
We will definitely do this as soon as the updated prototype arrives together with tests and results.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Hi PaChalski, you mentioned in your earlier post that it's yet to be decided if the Ghost will go through crowdfunding again. Does that mean there's some certainty that this case will be realised, even without Kickstarter? I much prefer your case to the Dan Case v2, but the Dan Case has the advantage of certainty, since it's already funded. Sorry for bringing up a competitor.

Hi @jakobl, as with all start-ups they are filled with certainties and as you mention there are alternatives that are more certain. We are are currently manufacturing the updated version that will be shipped to reviewers, the reactions we receive there will help in guiding us on how to best take the product to the market. Crowdfunding has many advantages and provides additional security to everyone involved but it also increases total cost.