Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
To me they said they need to have a German address and German VAT number.
Yep. I didn't even see an English page. (not that kind of German is difficult, but that saw the sprit of the shop with shipping abroad)
And louqe suggest that you use that service :
As a proxy to get it to your country. As for proshop they only deal with German addresses

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Guys, can you suggest a RTX 2080 Ti 11GB that fits (2 slots) nicely in this build?
Probably founder's edition, also the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WindForce OC 11G...
and that possibly has an EK water block for future updates.

Thanks for your help.

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
Update: after I asked again, Proshop and Louqe confirmed Proshop also ships to Poland, Austria and Scandinavia countries. As an example, for Poland we need to use the Polish website.
Still no Portugal... meh

Reactions: zzmadd

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
Can anyone confirm the size and weight of the case package?
Proshop.de doesn't have that information and Louqe usually takes some days to reply.

On reddit one user mentions that the cardboard box is 370 x 230 x 190 mm.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Proshop.de doesn't have that information and Louqe usually takes some days to reply.

Amazon clearly lists the case dimensions, not the box, but they claim a 6.9 pound weight (which is heavier than the case weight listed on Louqe's site so it must include the packaging).

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Depending on color and item type, these are preorders which are claimed to be in stock mid-February. I got "in stock" dates from the 15th to the 17th on my order.

Louqe on Twitter says they should be in stock on the 10th, though.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I have a question on fan types. I am planning to put 2x120 on the radiator in the top hat and 1x120 on the bottom under the PSU which I believe is a standard configuration. I'm also planning on going Noctua by default as I've used them in the past.

Doing some research a few days ago, the Noctua site convinced me to go A12 all around as their performance curves show that it only loses out to the F12 and S12 fans at the extreme ends, but the radiator is not an extremely restricted airflow situation so it actually fits well within the part of the curve where the A12 beats the F12. Similarly, the S12 only beats the A12 at the extreme end of free airflow and so it would be great for a typical case fan. But, the bottom of the Ghost has a very small gap to push air into and it draws from the cables hanging under the radiator - so wouldn't that also be a "middle of the road situation"?

I bought 3xNF-A12x25s in anticipation, but I'd appreciate any experience with using other fans in comparison to those.

Noctua fan curve page: https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x25-performance-comparison-to-nf-f12-and-nf-s12a

Side note - I replaced the Fractal 140mm fan on the back of the Core 500 I'm using temporarily and the noise from one of the NF-A12's was pretty bad. I found that the noise was greatly mitigated when I put my hand over the grate (not obstructing the blades, just in the way of the airflow), so I figured it was a turbulence issue. It was acting as intake and blowing into the path of the AIO which was also configured as intake, so I reversed the fan to exhaust and the noise reduced a little and got a lot more pleasant, but it isn't silent by any means. Of course, the case is sitting open on the desk right in front of me which may play a factor, but the supplied Fractal fan seemed much quieter (though at 140mm, it had an advantage over the 120mm Noctua). I'm anticipating a lot of playing with fans when I get my Ghost.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Box is 370 x 230 x 190, reddit user was correct.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Long time lurker, first post.

Got mine about a week ago. Batch 4 Pangaea with large top hat from Proshop.
Bending on top hat as Optimum Tech reported, so screws need to be very loose. Also seems that the top hat pieces have different color hue, front and back a little darker then sides.
I'm considering sending top hat back and going for L12S on R5 3600, although was looking forward to upgrading in the future to to Zen3 on >100TDP with AIO. Well, to bad.

Last edited:

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Check out Optimim Tech's video, he compares the Black Ridge with several other coolers including the NH-L12S.

Thanks. Had to go back and re-watch the video since it was a bit confusing in one section. Looks like the L12s is the best choice for air cooling a Ghost S1 correct? Any other newer coolers with lots of promise coming up soon?

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks. Had to go back and re-watch the video since it was a bit confusing in one section. Looks like the L12s is the best choice for air cooling a Ghost S1 correct? Any other newer coolers with lots of promise coming up soon?
Noctua is working on a custom CPU cooler for the Ghost S1 that is apparently coming soon, but no specifics have been released yet I believe.

Last edited: