Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
Is it normal for my 4790k with Noctua NH-L12 to pretty much hit its thermal limit and throttle within a minute of stress testing with AIDA64? I changed my fan setting in the bios to run 100% all the time and I idle around the mid 40s.

Once AIDA64 starts running, the CPU quickly gets up to the mid 80s and eventually 90s and starts to throttle. I'm think about adding a medium tophat with a couple of 120mm exhaust fans on top, but even then, I'm not sure if that'll be enough to keep it from hitting its thermal limit.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Well I received a tracking number finally, but it seems it's a pickup spot just like you I got lucky because I'm on holidays but in my country that sucks dude.

Congrats!

Care to swap places? lol

For me it seems like Louqe doesn`t learn anything at all, and will not in future. Allways promise some sweetys and then don`t get them out of the bag.

I was happily surprised that they will refund me the secound time payed VAT taxes. (Actually it`s not what we should have to ask for, but anyway.)
In that email I pleased to pay the amount to my PP or Bankaccount.
What does Louqe? They refund it to a virtual CC from Neteller.com from what I cancelled the account allready. WTF!
Isn`t that somehow sadistic? Same way of disapointments since the beginning and Louqe has nothing learnd and makes every mistake you are not able to imagine.

@SpencerUk I wish so mutch for you and all the other backers of this nice case to get it instantly. It would be the minimum after all these boring surprises created by Louqe. But at the end it will be only a wish. Sorry.

Now I know this is sort of comparing apples to oranges but I backed Kokoon on Kickstarter ...I backed this in 2015 and received it to my work address when I was on holiday...That's over 3 years of waiting and they were endlessly tinkering.

Whilst this is only my opinion, I think Kickstarter projects and the cash generated from it is mainly to fund extra changes, get markups put out and then mass produce and not to go straight from proof of concept to delivery....takes a good salesman not to market it that way, but the reality is that's what it is...most creators on kickstarter aren't that transparent IMO

I mean, this isn't a multi-million dollar operation. It's basically run by one guy, and the results are quite impressive based on that alone.

Also, you must be new to Kickstarter/crowdfunding/small operations. Mistakes are going to be made. It isn't always easy to rectify, especially on short turn-arounds. PiMax (most well-funded Kickstarter ever) is well over a year late with their HMDs. I'm surprised it's (Loque) going as well as it is.

Having product in-hand isn't a minor accomplishment, and sure, there may be a few disappointments, but you are definitely over-blowing some things here.

Fully agree.

An update to my situation,

I emailed Loque as they can't send the package back out until they get it back from DPD...I've contacted DPD who basically won't give me any info at all..Just says its at their depot..Logic suspect I could pick up but getting an answer from DPD is blood out of stone.

Can't even speak with a human on the phone and their email team is offshore.

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
You can use the L12 in horizontal orientation and it will work fine, but you'll give up cooling performance vs. vertical orientation, as tested on overclockers.com
Can you provide a link to the test? I'm hitting very good temps, but if I can improve that further.. Well.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Is it normal for my 4790k with Noctua NH-L12 to pretty much hit its thermal limit and throttle within a minute of stress testing with AIDA64? I changed my fan setting in the bios to run 100% all the time and I idle around the mid 40s.

Once AIDA64 starts running, the CPU quickly gets up to the mid 80s and eventually 90s and starts to throttle. I'm think about adding a medium tophat with a couple of 120mm exhaust fans on top, but even then, I'm not sure if that'll be enough to keep it from hitting its thermal limit.

You may be in the same boat I am with my i7-4790K. I think the thermal interface material has probably dried out quite a bit on mine--causing higher temperatures as well as non-uniform core temperatures. I've tried various coolers (Cryorig C7, NH-L12, Raijintek Pallas, and now a Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B)--with similar results. My 100% load temperatures have peak temperatures of 82C (core 1), 74C (core 2), 70C (core 3), and 66C (core 4). The 16C difference between core 1 and core 4 is more worrisome than the peak temperature of 82C--although I prefer to keep peaks below 75C.

It's probably time for me to delid/relid. If I disable the turbo boost, I can keep peaks at or below 78C, but that's still too warm.

JerryEn

Efficiency Noob
Jul 22, 2018

You may be in the same boat I am with my i7-4790K. I think the thermal interface material has probably dried out quite a bit on mine--causing higher temperatures as well as non-uniform core temperatures. I've tried various coolers (Cryorig C7, NH-L12, Raijintek Pallas, and now a Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B)--with similar results. My 100% load temperatures have peak temperatures of 82C (core 1), 74C (core 2), 70C (core 3), and 66C (core 4). The 16C difference between core 1 and core 4 is more worrisome than the peak temperature of 82C--although I prefer to keep peaks below 75C.

It's probably time for me to delid/relid. If I disable the turbo boost, I can keep peaks at or below 78C, but that's still too warm.

I’m also using a i7-4790k delidded with Conductonaut on both sides of the IHS. I also have a NF-A12x15 fan mounted on the NH-L12. My 4790k idles around 40C and stress testing takes core 1 to 90C and the other cores to 100C. I’m going to try making some shorter unsleeved PSU cables for more airflow and see if that helps.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Any Louqe folks want a large tophat (limestone)? I'll trade you a medium tophat in the same color for it. Send me a PM please!

HRT1337

Cable Smoosher
Dec 21, 2018
Hello SFF Forum,

here is my build :)

Greetings

HRT1337

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
I’m also using a i7-4790k delidded with Conductonaut on both sides of the IHS. I also have a NF-A12x15 fan mounted on the NH-L12. My 4790k idles around 40C and stress testing takes core 1 to 90C and the other cores to 100C. I’m going to try making some shorter unsleeved PSU cables for more airflow and see if that helps.
That sounds really strange? Got a 4790K (not delidded) in a Silverstone sg05-lite using a nh-l12 while overclocked to 4.5ghz on all cores and while playing bf5 it hits a maximum of 70c and stress testing 78-80c. The sg05-lite should have a lot worse temps than a sandwich case.. Just sounds weird to me that all of you have that problem.

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
Today I went to the hardware store and bought 4x M3x8 screws for the Medium tophat installation. The case came with plenty of m3x6 but they aren't long enough to thread into the chassis (this oversight will be fixed in shipment 2 -due January)

Under the medium tophat, I installed 2x 120mm Noctua Sterrox fans (NF-A12x2) as exhaust and it made a huge difference.

I think I'm going to add a medium tophat and install two 120mm Noctua fans. Just to clarify, are the fans you're using the NF-A12x25 PWM? Also, the M3x8 screws you bought, do they have the countersunk flat top (like these)?

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
I am happy to anounce that I have finaly recieved the Ghost S1!

I was very sceptical when opening the package due to many horror stories here and there...

The box and packaging was in perfect condition and so was the case....! No color diferences or any bent panels. 100% correct from what I can see now.

So I am very happy! Will send pictures when I build into it.