Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
They valued the case 50€ for the customs so you will have to pay the vat on 50€ and not on 200€.

That said it is still a shitty move

Reactions: D10S

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
So what are the options for mounting SSDs (excluding m.2) if the mounting holes behind the PSU are too small?

Carlos

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2018
Made progress on the X299 build, but it's not done yet.

Issues I've ran into so far and workarounds:
  • Had the same problem others are reporting about the top hat falling apart. Mine is the larger size and will be mounted on top. The manual points to the shorter screws to hold everything in place, but on two of the holes, only the longer screws would do the trick. Switching to the longer screws made all 4 panels secure.
  • Case is technically compatible with SFX-L (SX800-LTI in my case), but there's simply not enough room for the AIO hose on top and the PSU cables on the bottom. They both would have to bend a ridiculous amount and I'm pretty sure this will stress the joints and damage the cables or cause a spill. Solution is to add a small top hat at the bottom or go SFX. Will try to post a pic later.
  • Maybe it's because it's new, but the power button requires more pressure than expected beyond the click to close the circuit.
  • System wouldn't post, but disconnecting and connecting both ends of the PCI-E riser did the trick.
  • Cable management (or rather cramming all cables inside) is a huge issue, as expected of any SFF build. I may go the pslate customs route to get the just lengths I need.
  • ASRock's X299E I/O shield/backplate and the I/O hole on the case are not a snug fit.
  • Currently can't close the case nor place the AIO inside the top-mounted top hat, so system is all spread out on my desk. Given the benefit of excess ventilation, temps seem fine. The 9920x is hitting ~30-35C on idle and topping at 65-75C under load. One core got to 80C at some point. Noise levels are minimal. Benchmark scores are in line with numbers from other systems, falling between a 9900k and a 9980xe with no OC. It's looking like a nice compromise and the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Reactions: D10S

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017

I recieved my ghost a week ago or so and I’ve been pretty hesitant to post because I know a lot went into this case. But for a 300$ itx case man the quality of this thing is seriously lacking. Nothing is to terrible on mine outside of a little discoloration on the front panel and the power button is really just a joke on something this expensive. But my add on copper colored top grill is just a total complete piece of shit. Pitting and machine marks all in it, it’s so much worse quality than the default one. I’ve not built in mine yet and after I’ve decided not to move my work pc into it from my dan a4 which is 1000 times nicer. This case could have been the ikea case tons are looking for, it’s got the asthetic but the quality is just bad there’s really no way to sugar coat it. This thing is priced 3 times what it should be. I’m sorry but I am picky and that’s why I always choose to use premium cases, this case in premium in price only.

Reactions: 92MPAU and Engr62

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018

I recieved my ghost a week ago or so and I’ve been pretty hesitant to post because I know a lot went into this case. But for a 300$ itx case man the quality of this thing is seriously lacking. Nothing is to terrible on mine outside of a little discoloration on the front panel and the power button is really just a joke on something this expensive. But my add on copper colored top grill is just a total complete piece of shit. Pitting and machine marks all in it, it’s so much worse quality than the default one. I’ve not built in mine yet and after I’ve decided not to move my work pc into it from my dan a4 which is 1000 times nicer. This case could have been the ikea case tons are looking for, it’s got the asthetic but the quality is just bad there’s really no way to sugar coat it. This thing is priced 3 times what it should be. I’m sorry but I am picky and that’s why I always choose to use premium cases, this case in premium in price only.
Kinda surprised you think that. Yes everything isn't perfect, but it still feels like a quality case. Only issue I've noticed is on the backside of my copper grill (got the same case setup as you)
Maybe I just can't see it with the quality of the pictures, but from what I can see your case doesn't look too bad.
Maybe you should ask a friend or family to look at it and see if they can spot the discoloration/issues with your case.

Edit: Not saying you should be ok with the issues and in a perfect world your case should be without faults, but at least you can contact Louqe for a refund or exchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Kinda surprised you think that. Yes everything isn't perfect, but it still feels like a quality case. Only issue I've noticed is on the backside of my copper grill (got the same case setup as you)
Maybe I just can't see it with the quality of the pictures, but from what I can see your case doesn't look too bad.
Maybe you should ask a friend or family to look at it and see if they can spot the discoloration/issues with your case.

Edit: Not saying you should be ok with the issues and in a perfect world your case should be without faults, but at least you can contact Louqe for a refund or exchange.

I’m sorry but this case costs well over 300$ shipped. It should be absolutely perfect. It’s nowhere near the quality of cases costing half as much. Hell its not nearly as well built as a Lian Li q25 and somehow manages to have a cheaper power switch than that thing has. I’m not going to rant on and on about it on the internet. But at this price I’m not going to be nearly as forgiving as I otherwise would be. Every single case offered on sfflab is of immensely better quality.

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
GUYS PLEASE HELP !! FIRST TIME BUILDER.

My front panel LED is not lighting up, i've connected the front panel connectors as displayed below.
I've yet to plug in a monitor to see if it actually runs. However, when I turn it on, my GPU would start spinning, but the two fans would sometimes spin at different speed and one would just stop while the other one continues, then both stops. My PSU spins for a little bit and stops, and I can't tell if my CPU cooler is spinning. Did I connect this all correctly ?!! I'm using an Aorus Z390i ITX mobo. SF 600 corsair. RTX 2070. i7 8700, Noctua L12.

Last edited:

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
GUYS PLEASE HELP !! FIRST TIME BUILDER.

My front panel LED is not lighting up, i've connected the front panel connectors as displayed below.
I've yet to plug in a monitor to see if it actually runs. However, when I turn it on, my GPU would start spinning, but the two fans would sometimes spin at different speed and one would just stop while the other one continues, then both stops. My PSU spins for a little bit and stops, and I can't tell if my CPU cooler is spinning. Did I connect this all correctly ?!! I'm using an Aorus Z390i ITX mobo. SF 600 corsair. RTX 2070. i7 8700, Noctua L12.

The first 2 pins on the left of your image are for the switch no problem there, the second 2 pins are for the power led and they should be connected red wire first, black/white wire second (+/-) according to the user manual.
The GPU fan I wouldn't worry about it, it can be an hybrid design so it only spins when it gets to a certain temperature, similar case on the PSU that only spins when under a certain load.

Reactions: enricko7

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
S
The first 2 pins on the left of your image are for the switch no problem there, the second 2 pins are for the power led and they should be connected red wire first, black/white wire second (+/-) according to the user manual.
The GPU fan I wouldn't worry about it, it can be an hybrid design so it only spins when it gets to a certain temperature, similar case on the PSU that only spins when under a certain load.
Sorry man I am still lost. Why doesn't Loque have something on the cords telling me which one is + which is -, and what is what.

Can you please tell me in simple terms just what colours I should do, from top the bottom as per the photo. You'd be a life saver.
2: red, 4: grey, 6: white, 8: black ?

Last edited:

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
PLED + ---> White Cable
PLED - ---> Grey Cable
PWR + ---> Black or Brown
PWR - ---> Brown or Black

EDIT: Judging by your pictures, it looks like you have the LED wires switched. If you switch them and the LED still doesn't work, you may have burnt out the LED. I don't know if it has any reverse current protection.

Like Zhnu said, the fan speeds aren't anything to worry about. They won't spin until they need to.

Last edited:

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
PLED + ---> White Cable
PLED - ---> Grey Cable
PWR + ---> Black
PWR - ---> Brown

EDIT: Judging by your pictures, it looks like you have the LED wires switched. If you switch them and the LED still doesn't work, you may have burnt out the LED. I don't know if it has any reverse current protection.

Like Zhnu said, the fan speeds aren't anything to worry about. They won't spin until they need to.

OMG mate you saved my life. IT WORKS. ITS AWESOME !!!

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
Today I did bend the Ghost in right angles. If its all more or less straight it is much more fun to buid in it.

If you like to see my "worklog" pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZEPzJKNDEwWzN-TycnVWCIHXPrK8QO_S?usp=sharing
unboxing: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15UE96OClxLHN3Lp0PgEM3-6kw97-Nv6S?usp=sharing

Mmm it seems your fittings on the gpu are too big, I would personally maybe not use dual pump/reservoir combo, I think is overkill :) .
Will you be using a custom power button?
Great job correcting the bend.

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
Got my ghost this week, broken power bottom l, solder quality is garbage and the wire is cheap 2 cents wire. 1 wire was disconnected and i tried to remove and check the power bottom, all wires got disconnected lol. Tophat was unaligned,