Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Diverge

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2018
The way I look at all the negativity; would you rather the case never had been created? Or would you want to be the one dealing with all the issues - because there are always issues, but the customer doesn't always see them. Things rarely ever go smoothly for even multi-million/billion dollar companies as well.

I personally find it easier to bash a huge corporation for not delivering as promised, but when it comes to someone that is just basically a hobbyist, it's a little different. Without the people who designed the Ncase M1, Dan A4, or Louqe, we'd all be stuck big ugly PC cases, or DIY/modded cases.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
The way I look at all the negativity; would you rather the case never had been created? Or would you want to be the one dealing with all the issues - because there are always issues, but the customer doesn't always see them. Things rarely ever go smoothly for even multi-million/billion dollar companies as well.

I personally find it easier to bash a huge corporation for not delivering as promised, but when it comes to someone that is just basically a hobbyist, it's a little different. Without the people who designed the Ncase M1, Dan A4, or Louqe, we'd all be stuck big ugly PC cases, or DIY/modded cases.
You can't select the manufactor that asked for the most delays during the sampling phase and then be surprised if they can t deliver on time during the full production phase.

You can't bullshit your customers with lies and then be surprised if they no longer believe you later on

You can't force your customers to install an application in order to recieve comunications and then not provide updates

This has nothing to do with being a big or a small company

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Shitt happens, I feel sorry for you. Hope you get it delivered a secound time soon.
Louqe could sort this out quickly, if they react as well quickly on a email from you.
This project is about time and patience until the end and even further.

What do you think the chances are of getting it pre Christmas?

With a smaller company/startup call it what you will, they all generally learn of each others mistakes..ie I would have thought Louqe would have learned re deployment headache from Dan cases, etc etc

I'm sure all the headaches and bashing they have taken will have given them a good learning foundation.

Whist I'm sure I'll not be the first one to find slack a very odd way of communicating with its customers, slack as a whole has pretty good integration so it maybe something to do with their side and how it integrates....personally I would prefer trello card updates or something but hey ho.

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
You can't select the manufactor that asked for the most delays during the sampling phase and then be surprised if they can t deliver on time during the full production phase.

You can't bullshit your customers with lies and then be surprised if they no longer believe you later on

You can't force your customers to install an application in order to recieve comunications and then not provide updates

This has nothing to do with being a big or a small company

Please stop speculating like you have full view of the situation.
Just because one factory was delayed is only one factor when selecting the supplier.

What do you think the chances are of getting it pre Christmas?

With a smaller company/startup call it what you will, they all generally learn of each others mistakes..ie I would have thought Louqe would have learned re deployment headache from Dan cases, etc etc

I'm sure all the headaches and bashing they have taken will have given them a good learning foundation.

Whist I'm sure I'll not be the first one to find slack a very odd way of communicating with its customers, slack as a whole has pretty good integration so it maybe something to do with their side and how it integrates....personally I would prefer trello card updates or something but hey ho.

I'm not sure what issues Dan case had but drawing parallels between Louqe and other cases is not a good way of looking at the situation.
For example, Dan case and the M1 have the backing of Lian-Li whose been a largely established company with a specific aluminium process.
Sure there are things you can learn from other cases but there are things you can't as well. They will encounter issues unique to only them.

Reactions: Diverge and zacobin

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Please stop speculating like you have full view of the situation.
Just because one factory was delayed is only one factor when selecting the supplier.

I'm not sure what issues Dan case had but drawing parallels between Louqe and other cases is not a good way of looking at the situation.
For example, Dan case and the M1 have the backing of Lian-Li whose been a largely established company with a specific aluminium process.
Sure there are things you can learn from other cases but there are things you can't as well. They will encounter issues unique to only them.
You should google what "speculating" means because there are no speculations in my post

Reactions: edrenmarc

jbetts1790

Chassis Packer
Oct 24, 2017
Received my S1 after my shipment was transferred to Amazon from direct. In case anyone's wondering, I ordered mine in March, received an update in late November about the shipment switching, then received tracking early December. Did a quick look-over and didn't see any noticeable defects, so I'm happy! Snapped a few photos:

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Hey guys. First time poster here. Just wanted to let you guys know my Ash S1 came today via UPS

Some notes on my order. I'm a slacker backer (ordered after the kickstarter ended) and opted for the case itself with no top hats. My order date was 1/14 and total was 230 EUR. My case shipped last week from Massachusetts and took about one week to arrive in California. Just waiting on my L12 to come from Amazon before I start building.

As far as QC goes, the only flaw I found so far was the warped power button. Will inspect it more once my other parts arrive

You can fix that by loosening the screws on the PCB. Mine was the same way and that fixed it right up.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Quick question guys: Has anyone meassured the maximum graphics card width of the Ghost? Louqe states that 45 mm cards will fit, but I've seen people having trouble fitting 43 mm cards.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Quick question guys: Has anyone meassured the maximum graphics card width of the Ghost? Louqe states that 45 mm cards will fit, but I've seen people having trouble fitting 43 mm cards.

Currently the safest max is 43 mm.

[Do note the absolute GPU corner plastic cover (shroud) height is also very important. Some of the GPUs can't fit although being 43 mm or below. Best example are Sapphire Nitro+ cards that are hitting the upper helicoils corner thus making them non compatible without modding.]

Reactions: Skarum

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
[SNIP] Best example are Sapphire Nitro+ cards that are hitting the upper helicoils corner thus making them non compatible without modding.

Well, that was the one I was considering :) Thanks. Options are now the Sapphire Pulse and the XFX cards. Both should fit fine

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
Hi all.... I am mad that friends I know in Spain (where i live) have all ready recieved the Ghost S1 yet I was one of the first backers and have not even recieved a tracking number yet...

My adress and order was perfecty fine since day 1. A mate that had to change his shipping adress has had his Ghost S1 delivered........ yet I dont have jack shit.

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Hi all.... I am mad that friends I know in Spain (where i live) have all ready recieved the Ghost S1 yet I was one of the first backers and have not even recieved a tracking number yet...

My adress and order was perfecty fine since day 1. A mate that had to change his shipping adress has had his Ghost S1 delivered........ yet I dont have jack shit.

Hey man, I know how you feel. I'm one of the first backers as well not to mention involved in this project for more than a year now and still haven't got my tracking number let alone my case. But sit tight, its coming alright! I'd say its only around 20% of EU shipments left maybe even less and on Slack we have almost every day EU deliveries. Hopefully its high pace now and we get ours til the end of this week!

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Yep, I was very afraid too, the whole project seemed to be failing, much conspiracies because no feedback from the responsibles, but it now seems that the delays and problems encountered were really not at Louqe’s fault, maybe a bit their inexpierience, but that is to be aspected with kickstarters! Hang in there, i’m in Belgium and received track&trace only last Friday, package is currently held at customs I think still in China, others have reported 7~8 days in shipping period

MeltingCake

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 3, 2018
Sentiment in these threads really does fluctuate very, very rapidly with whether not someone's received a case or a tracking_id...

Wonder if we're really suffering from lowered expectations after thinking we'd never get our cases at all... We've gone from spending a huge premium and purchasing what should be an ultra-premium case to being satisfied that it has just arrived. Lots of QC problems (especially smaller ones) are being passed for "this is fine, I won't see it when assembled" just because the case has arrived. I love the case, but I'm unsure if we're judging it adequately here. I don't think anyone would be willing to settle for a Dan A4, NCase M1, or just about any SFX case, indie or corporate given scuffs on the panels and bent electronics. But here we've been seeing tons of scuffs, bent panels, bent PCBs, weak magnets, milling patterns, mismatched colors, inappropriate screws and panels not fitting due to tolerances feels so far out of acceptable.

I'm on the second order, and will probably still see mine through. But I sincerely hope for myself and everyone who's purchased the case to get something of the same quality you would expect out of any other kickstarter'd case, (A4, M1) and to have a pristine final product that fits together, entirely free of scuffs and bent components (panels or PCBs) but I'm unsure if it's within the financial capability for Louqe to replace every single defect, especially the smaller ones despite it being unacceptable that they exist in the first place.

Am I being too harsh? I'm still sitting here questioning if it's worth it for me to try and hang on to my 2nd batch order or really push for a refund...

Carlos

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2018
Got my Ash case + top hat last Thursday through UPS direct-delivered to NY. Was part of the latecomers batch in Jan who paid with PayPal. As far as I could see, no defects.

Will try an AIO-water-cooled X299 build between this and next week and see what kinds of thermals/noise levels I can get. Will report back if ppl are interested.

Reactions: D10S and rfarmer

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
Mine came in the mail a week or so ago. I have been out of town and will say the finish of the regular XS portion has been fine. I ordered two medium tophats along side with it.

Some of the issues I have run into are:
  • I am using an older Silverstone SFX600 and the PSU bracket does not really fit. The only way it would fit is either in reverse direction with the fan inward or using spacers like I have done so in the pictures. But I am waiting my Corsair SF600 Platinum one to come in next month so no biggie.
  • Can someone correct me if I am wrong, but a 2.5 7mm drive is supposed to be able to fit behind the PSU right? The holes are there and seem to line up? Anyway, since I was using a tophat for both sides, the bottom plate only allows for 4 as opposed to 8 screws with a hat. I figured might as well try to repurpose those for the 2.5 drive behind the PSU right? Yeah, that didn't work out. The holes are smaller than the drives and the screw sheared off in one of the holes. Ill probably just wait to drill out the holes when the new PSU comes in.
  • One of the threads for the tophat came out with the screw.
  • Since I already knew the power button and led headers wouldn't reach my Asrock x470, I used an extension, but to my surprise noticed the LED wire just was broken. I quick solder job can fix that.
  • Tophats are solid when screwed in place, just fall apart every time I take it off and put it to the side. My tophats came in a padded envelope, not a box.
  • I really wish I could screw down the top lid thing. Mine tends to pop up. Might just drill the holes while I'm doing the 2.5 drive ones too.

Anyways, I do like the case and form factor but yeah...

8three

Efficiency Noob
Jul 20, 2018
Does anyone here happen to know if the MSI 2080 Ventus 8G OC fits? It's a 2.5 slot (50mm) so technically too thick by just 5mm but I saw someone report that it fit in a Dan A4 which has the same 45mm width as the Ghost I believe

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Does anyone here happen to know if the MSI 2080 Ventus 8G OC fits? It's a 2.5 slot (50mm) so technically too thick by just 5mm but I saw someone report that it fit in a Dan A4 which has the same 45mm width as the Ghost I believe

I've seen people having trouble fitting 43 mm Sapphire RX 580 Nitros in there, so I wouldn't bet on it.

SAS

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2017
I have had no hurry with the case untill now. I prerferr to wait for a good quality case etc. But now when 95% of mates have had their case delivered then I start to wonder...

Even guys who were last on the train... have had theirs.

But..... I damn hope that there are no quality problems with the case as we have payed a large sum of money for a ITX case. I dont mind paying for something good - but it better be good then.