Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
If I eventually receive my Ghost, I'll make my own !eta ragtag for it. There are CAD files available for the case on Louqe's website. I think it's free but you still have to 'check out' to receive the download link.

Ty, for the reply my idea is to cnc a tophat with a low profile pci-e slot and try to convert a m.2 slot to pci-e.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH-L12
Mb: ASUS ROG Strix X470-I
Gpu: Asus strix RX vega64
Mem: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 (Must remove metal shroud collides with heatsink)
Strorage: Samsung 960 EVO 500G, 2x Crucial mx500 2T
Psu: Corsair SF600
Case: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (World most flexible delivery date)

zhnu

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2017
1080 ti asus strix oc would it fit? It measures 5,25 cm of width

thanks for the info

Just rewatched sorry he's talking about the 1080 strix that's just 4cm, 5.25cm (1080 ti strix) wont fit.
Also you can check here pre tested -> http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1_GPU_Compatibility.pdf

Yes I find it odd but check it out -> see 10 seconds of the video guy says it fits if you remove the front panel to mount it, if you wait a while longer when I receive mine I can test it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH-L12
Mb: ASUS ROG Strix X470-I
Gpu: Asus strix RX vega64
Mem: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 (Must remove metal shroud collides with heatsink)
Strorage: Samsung 960 EVO 500G, 2x Crucial mx500 2T
Psu: Corsair SF600
Case: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (World most flexible delivery date)

Last edited:

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
*EDIT* please read the update at the bottom!

My case and top hats arrived. Various qc all over the place but none of them look disastrous aside from the height of the PCIE slot for the GPU potentiallying being too high, but I won't be able to tell until I get a bigger GPU. HOWEVER, the milling on the small tophat where each side locks into place is off and can be tough to put together.

*Edit* PSA for those w/imperfect side panels for tophats.
If you have imperfections all along the ends of the long side panels that prevent tophats and such from lining up and coming together easily, don’t give up. Try multiple orientations like switching which side panel piece your putting into which front/back of the top hat. Then try tightening them at different amounts in different orders. I suggest that after the tophats kind of get a good fit, putting the tophats on the ghost without screwing them down. Then loosening and tightening until you get the right fit that is clean and solid. Everything on my build now as far as tophats, completely fits.

Not only that but for my medium top hat the factory shipped me only HALF of a medium top hat. I have the long side panels for the top hat and no front or back side to connect them. Plus Patrick has been silent and the Slack is even more of a shit show than before. I'm really concerned with the integrity of Loque as business/company since they already started taking orders for second batch before even getting all the current cases out the door on top of all these issues being reported. In particular the PCIE height which is higher than advertised and now that I have my cases, needless high. They could have moved the cut outs down as well as the GPU mount down by a significant (as far as sff pc's go) amount and still have cards high enough for the fans to be behind the holes in the side panel..
Hopefully they're figuring everything out. Everything I said might wind up being alleviated with one post or email. (and I will update this post if that happens of course :) )

*UPDATE*
Okay. While I have voiced my concerns and issues, I’ve done Patrik and the LOUQE team a disservice. I forgot to talk about the good. Look, and I didn’t receive half of a top hat I ordered (more factory’s fault than there’s). My case isn’t perfect and after all this waiting I was extremely upset to know that’s the case. Overall, despite the imperfections, the case looks great and feels amazing. Period. I HAVE to commend them on that. I think the turmoil and the Slack channel freakouts made me react in away to this team that, they may not deserve from me specifically. The radio silence is annoying at the moment but they’re hopefully just assessing the situation. Ultimately they made me a solid product, and while it isn’t perfect, it’s pretty close. I apoligize if I made it seem like literally everything is going to hell. The delays are awful, yes, but eventually... once everyone gets their case, I think the majority will be happy. If you’re in for batch 2 or waiting for yours right now, I think you will be too more likely than not.

Last edited:

brianjjy

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2018
Will push pull with 15mm noctua fans work with a large tophat? My aio rad is 27mm thick and with two fans each side, then it would be 57mm. Just curious because I have four noctua silm fans sitting around. would love to use all of them if possible

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
If you are in the EU, your case might be at a drop off point, yet you may not have even been notified of this. I'm getting this second-hand from Reddit. If you have access to Slack, it's best to check there.

As for the tall GPUs, many on Slack - again, second hand from Reddit - are saying that the factory produced an older version of the case by mistake. The CEO of Louqe, Patrick, has been asked this directly, but has yet to respond. I did ask for a Kensington lock slot and I see that has made it into this version. Perhaps Jayztwocents can help since he has both a prototype and the new version.

Regardless, this has quickly turned into a nightmare for everyone involved so I would be careful about buying from Louqe right now until things get sorted out - if they get sorted out. A Kickstarter campaign about the what the hell is going on is past due.

When you get your case, make sure you document with photos and a timestamp of any QC issues.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
My long awaited Ghost arrived this evening.

I am very pleased with the case at this point. It is much heavier than I had anticipated.

And the design detail is outstanding, no short cuts.

Any way I live in SF Bay Area of California. The case was delivered by UPS and was inside of an Amazon box. And it is within a day or two of being one year from backing the Kickstarter project.

My top hat arrived the before.

Neil

CKairos

Efficiency Noob
Dec 19, 2017
Completed my build, image log can be seen here:

AFAIK I'm one of the few using the EVGA 650W SFX PSU for this case (jay2cents did too, but he extended the bottom with a tophat), and boy did I regret not getting custom sleeved cables! Don't really want to deal with the stiff ones anymore.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018

"EU has been lagging due to different reasons but mainly due to the complexity of many different nations being involved in this shipment batch"

i don't get why they can't be honest and just tell us the truth instead of bullshitting us over and over...

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
I'm more concerned with EU packages not being delivered to homes but rather sent to pick up at depots. I think I may be one of those as on my tracking it lists my service as "PostNord MyPack Collect". Fingers crossed that just a random level of delivery and not a click a collect option which would be crazy as I'm pretty sure we are charged extra for shipping.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
I'm more concerned with EU packages not being delivered to homes but rather sent to pick up at depots. I think I may be one of those as on my tracking it lists my service as "PostNord MyPack Collect". Fingers crossed that just a random level of delivery and not a click a collect option which would be crazy as I'm pretty sure we are charged extra for shipping.

as far as i know ALL shippings in EU are sent to pick up buildings

Does anyone know why they are being sent to pickup spots?

Pretty infuriating because I'm currently on holiday in the Philippines and now I've got delivery notices saying its been delivered to a drop off point..its crazy.

So instead of it going to my work address...where my mail room could have held it, I'm now moving mountains to try to contact where it's been dropped off to beg for them to hold it. It's an absolute joke!

Reactions: Flyingpepper

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone know why they are being sent to pickup spots?

Pretty infuriating because I'm currently on holiday in the Philippines and now I've got delivery notices saying its been delivered to a drop off point..its crazy.

So instead of it going to my work address...where my mail room could have held it, I'm now moving mountains to try to contact where it's been dropped off to beg for them to hold it. It's an absolute joke!
the official answer is that usually people in sweeden prefer pickup spots so they assumed that it was the same for people across eu too.

quite hard to belive, more likely shipping cases to pickup points is cheaper than shippig them to your door