Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
That`s a real nice build, the one on Sweclockers.
Full custom loop will be a bit tricky, anyway I will have a try, if I finally get the case one day.

But what I thought of, will be easier to build, is a AIO CPU + custom GPU-block instead of two AIO`s.
btw: EK has got a practical 90°rotary terminal for the GPU blocks. This allready helped me a lot in my DAN A4.

Ah right.
So am I right in thinking something like an Celsius S24 and then getting a GPU block and connecting it up? - Would a single pump in an AIO be powerful enough for something like that?

If anyone is wondering the EK MLC 240MM is 68mm so probably a no no unless you mount the radiator/pump at the bottom. EK say that is a no no according to their manual but i don't see what harm it could do? never done custom loop before nor built in an SFF so this for me is very much trial by fire.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Ah right.
So am I right in thinking something like an Celsius S24 and then getting a GPU block and connecting it up? - Would a single pump in an AIO be powerful enough for something like that?

If anyone is wondering the EK MLC 240MM is 68mm so probably a no no unless you mount the radiator/pump at the bottom. EK say that is a no no according to their manual but i don't see what harm it could do? never done custom loop before nor built in an SFF so this for me is very much trial by fire.
not with that pump no.
exactly what Jayz2cents tried.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Schwifty

What's an ITX?
Nov 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Received a tracking ID on monday and received the parcel today (Germany).
I was so damn excited to get my case but what arrived was more than disappointing... a huuuuge parcel filled just with a top hat...not even screws or anything else... just 4 pcs. of useless aluminium... and the build quality in my opinion is max. a 7 out of 10! Uneven screw holes and the outer corners manufactured with uneven areas. To be honest I feel a bit scammed... I just want my case now and want them to tell the truth about the shipment! This would be less disappointing than false promises. They really know how to scare off people.

Reactions: 92MPAU

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
Hi guys,

I was so damn excited to get my case but what arrived was more than disappointing... a huuuuge parcel filled just with a top hat...not even screws or anything else... just 4 pcs. of useless aluminium... and the build quality in my opinion is max. a 7 out of 10! Uneven screw holes and the outer corners manufactured with uneven areas. To be honest I feel a bit scammed... I just want my case now and want them to tell the truth about the shipment! This would be less disappointing than false promises. They really know how to scare off people.
Well that's quite worrisome.. I bet the case will come right after, but the quality issues.. That ain't good.

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
If there is one positive about my case being delayed so long it's that it has given me the opportunity to read people's reports of poor quality and thus set my expectations low. That way if my case is also messed up, I won't be super disappointed, and if it's in good shape, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
sooooooooooooo for those does have a quality issue, have you guys contacted Louqe in regards this? are they going to pay the prepaid shipping label?

Reactions: greyhound

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
The only problem is filling up the system and bleeding the air out. If you have an external 2nd pump for bleeding or if you prefill the cooling system outside the case, any AIO with a ~4-5 watts pump can do it.

@SpencerUk Maybe don`t choose the most complicated system for your first sff and watercooled case.;) But if you feel like, just go for it.

Duly noted @Jojo!

To be honest, I probably wouldn't be going this far into it had I not got the 1080Ti FE card for a bargain basement price. I was pretty much set on GTX1080 Strix and a 240MM AIO for the 5820K!

Must admit though, I do like a challenge so its going to be a fun learning process :)

Alphacool Eisbaer LT (Solo) - Black and Alphacool NexXxoS GPX are good starting points

Having watched Jays video now (I wasn't aware he got his revised version), that radiator and filling sounds a plausible solution here....

sooooooooooooo for those does have a quality issue, have you guys contacted Louqe in regards this? are they going to pay the prepaid shipping label?

I don't know if this is something or nothing, but I've noticed there's a "My Ghost" section on their site ..I'm assuming that will serve as the comms for all this stuff.

Last edited:

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Didn't they go to China a few months ago to fix some issues with quality control and make sure all the cases were up to their standards? Let's hope it's only a handful so you guys can enjoy your Ghosts.

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
Where can we find any info on our top hat orders that hasn't shipped and recieved this message "The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available."?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Where can we find any info on our top hat orders that hasn't shipped and recieved this message "The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available."?
many of the accessories shipped in separate packages. i got a message the day after my case shipped telling me that my tophat shipped. you should get one soon.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Didn't they go to China a few months ago to fix some issues with quality control and make sure all the cases were up to their standards? Let's hope it's only a handful so you guys can enjoy your Ghosts.
yes that is what worries me...they had a man at the factory checking the quality of the products...
pluss we aren't just talking about some production issues due to the factory (bent, dent pannels, tight holes, skipped milling phases) but even issues in the planning phase with short screws, bend power botton pcb, helicoils wrongly installed (last bit not broken) in ALL cases...

Reactions: newtothegame

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys,

They did make such a big thing about quality, and now it looks like it didn`t work. Hope direct shipings will be send out soon. I want to figure it out my self.
Let`s hope these quality issues are only few and get sorted out by Louqe.

btw: There are as well a few real happy owners. This gives me hope, that it`s not as bad as it seems to be, when I see all of this negative news.

yes that is what worries me...they had a man at the factory checking the quality of the products...
pluss we aren't just talking about some production issues due to the factory (bent, dent pannels, tight holes, skipped milling phases) but even issues in the planning phase with short screws, bend power botton pcb, helicoils wrongly installed (last bit not broken) in ALL cases...

Per his post in slack general on Nov. 16th, Patrik said “Anything breaks we will replace”. And a mod on slack is also compiling all the cases with defects/issues and will work with Patrik to address these. I’m hoping this will be covered as it is not up to standard.

To be fair, you will always see more complaints and issues as people with perfect cases might not post anything about it at all. Which I wouldn’t blame them for, to get away from slack once they receive their case and it is exactly the quality expected.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
While it's true that you almost always hear more complainers than happy owners, it still disconcerting for ANY new product when you hear that many complaints this soon -- most people haven't even gotten the cases yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: edrenmarc

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
My case is slated to arrive at my home next Tuesday. However I’m traveling for the holidays right now, and tracking says that it’s only three hours away from where I’m visiting. So close...

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
While it's true that you almost always hear more complainers than happy owners, it still disconcerting for ANY new product when you hear that many complaints this soon -- most people haven't even gotten the cases yet.

Yeah I agree. I’m in the direct batch and I’m afraid of any issues cuz those cases haven’t even been picked up from the factory. But It’s still too early to tell what percentage of the total orders have any issues. All we can do is wait til most of the orders are delivered unfortunately.

Hopefully it’s issues that can be resolved with being sent a new front gable, panel, etc instead of the whole thing. Time will tell.

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
As promised.

That looks sweet man!
That 2080Ti looks damn good in there!
Everytime I see one, I just keep thinking this lol.