Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
To create a discussion other than "where's my tracking number dammit?!", do you think the Kraken G12 would fit in this case? Bagged myself a cheap 1080Ti, albeit a founders but at £425 i wasn't gonna whinge!

Given its a blower and it will bake like a Greggs oven, I'm thinking maybe I could fit a H55 onto it via the Kraken G12...Is it possible?..Can't work out if the G12 goes over 2 slots or not. Thoughts?

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
At present it would appear that it's being blown out of proportion -as per usual. There are only ~3 confirmed reports of minor damage/imperfection have been reported in the Slack channel thus far. One user's case doesn't even match the final version that others have received so he may have been shipped an reject/older design by accident.

There are many many other pictures that people have posted where the case is what the users consider flawless.

The Loque team is expecting more reports to come in as shipping may cause damage or people may discover blemishes not caught by QC so they are making a spreadsheet to collect the issues and will provide replacement parts to everyone impacted.

I will have pictures to post late tomorrow evening.
to be honest only few cases have been pubblished on slack and about half of them had issues...
now i'm not saying that half of all cases has issues, but you can't dismiss it with an "it is blown out of proportion" and "There are many many other pictures that people have posted where the case is what the users consider flawless."

the cases were expensive and delayed many times for alleged quality issues, so now these reports are quite worrying

EDIT:watching the stream of an owner and so far:
bent helicoils
bent sidepannel
tight holes+cheap screws=screw broke inside

just wow

Last edited:

Colm_T

What's an ITX?
Jan 2, 2018
My case is apparently shipping from Las Vegas

No top hats though :(

Your Louqe order has shipped (Ghost - 102)

Greetings,

Thank you for your order from Louqe. Fulfillment by Amazon has shipped a portion of your order. The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available.
You can track your shipment by visiting https://www.swiship.com/t/xxxxx

Shipped via USPS (estimated delivery date: 11/23/2018 PST)
Tracking No: xxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 LOUQE Ghost S1 (Ash)
SKU:LQ-GHS102-CA-0AS

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
On the productpictures you see a two slot bracket plus the fan and coverplate which is even higher.

About the hole situation: Imho it passed allready to much time, so there is plenty of space for any kind of doubts. It`s not nice to hear all this bad news.

Dremel the G12 slightly could be an option perhaps?

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Curious to know if all these US orders with tracking number thsts is already privprov onky for the top hats and not the main case body?

Johan501

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2018
Dremel the G12 slightly could be an option perhaps?

look at this picture. their is no way to make it fit in this chassis. its the pump/gpu block that is way to high. dremel 1mm and its broken :p and you need to dremel like 10mm?

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
look at this picture. their is no way to make it fit in this chassis. its the pump/gpu block that is way to high. dremel 1mm and its broken :p and you need to dremel like 10mm?

It would be more suitable to use the angle grinder. ;) But no, it wont fit.

Why not use a AIO for the CPU and include a fullcover GPU-block? Probably it wont be strong enough to bleed the system. But when it's filled up once properly, it will work without any problems.

Thanks @Johan501 & @Jojo

The pump would be easy enough to resolve - I figured the Corsair H55 would be better as its not as tall as the NZXT one but as you both say, that still leaves the bracket itself as the issue.

I guess I could always go down the Gamers Nexus route of just keeping the shroud on and putting an AIO to it directly like shown here ...Won't look pretty but i'm not going to see it so does it matter..

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Wouldn`t be happy about the VRM and DDR cooling. Don`t know if this is the way to go. It`s neither fish nor fowl.
Why not thinking about a single loop? It will be easyer, more effective, more quiet and, and, and...

VRMS can take quite a battering so i wasn't too concerned about those temps.

I have looked into the EK MLC loop. I think If I mount the Top Hat to the bottom I may just get a couple extra mm to play with
Looking at the cover pic here (I know, I'm eyeballing it so by no means good judgement), it could be an option.

EDIT: looks like Sweclockers folk have looked into it and looks more difficult.

Last edited: