The space inefficiency thread

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

The fact they are using a L9i and a Zotac mini in a NR200 seems like it belongs here.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
At least, it's :
  1. Cable managed
  2. RGB-free
  3. Dust-free
I'm getting blind from that ZOTAC logo though, and it's only a picture ... can't imagine how bright it must be IRL.
Given that the photo is pretty decently exposed for the insides of a black case, it's probably not that bright, just a bit.

Still, it's funny to see an NR200 build show up in this thread. Just goes to show how much space cases like that actually have, when you can make a reasonably high performance build seem tiny within it. Looks to me like someone has moved to a larger case in waiting for higher end components though, or at least a larger GPU, as none of that build looks brand-new. (Or they're just buying parts used, of course.)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Pretty much my tought. Motherboard looks like an Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac (8th and 9th gen Intel) and GPU is most-likely a Zotac GTX 10X0 mini (1070 or 1080) ... few generations old hardware.
It's a z370 with 9600k and a GTX 1080.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Should the new ASUS Prime AP201 case at 33 liters be your next ITX build?
well, it's designed for MATX boards, so 33 Liters should be pretty acceptable, especially if one wants to do a custom loop with a MATX board.

Hell, my old Mercury S3 is about that size and only has PCI slots for itx.

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
well, it's designed for MATX boards, so 33 Liters should be pretty acceptable, especially if one wants to do a custom loop with a MATX board.

Hell, my old Mercury S3 is about that size and only has PCI slots for itx.
I really like the look of all the removeable vented panels - but then I measure out how big this thing is. I even asked Asus if they would offer a SFX PSU mounting bracket (not an adapter to fit on the ATX PSU mounting bracket).
- to have even more empty space inside the case. They responded very promptly that no SFX PSU bracket will be available. Hopefully the SSUPD Mushroom D will be released soon so that this purchase urge goes away.