Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Based on historical data, those 2 cases will be soon gone.

IDK, probably someone new joins in, and @rfarmer decided to get one again LOL.
I thought about it, more than once. I am trying really hard not to buy any new cases, we'll see how I do. Glad to see this batch looks to be selling out.

Reactions: ignsvn

blaumago

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
Hi,
if someone wants to sell his case - please contact me. Please immediately with state description and asking price

Greeting

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
While things are hot, open up preorders for batch 4!
Actually I support the idea. Kinda having an open interest check / subscribe before a production batch opens.

I might open up a waiting list or something like that. Although the "conversion rate" to orders as they say, is low, it would keep interest going.

Any chance the next batch will offer a front-panel USB-C?

I had thoughts about doing it eventually, but then I haven't seen many cables with USB-C on both ends. They always seem to have a USB-A end, with the other the C type to go into a phone. Has anyone seen anything different?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I had thoughts about doing it eventually, but then I haven't seen many cables with USB-C on both ends. They always seem to have a USB-A end, with the other the C type to go into a phone. Has anyone seen anything different?

My Google Pixel 3 charging cord has usb c on both ends. I would hold off on the usb c, people have been hammering both Dan A4 and Ncase to add the usb c and now that they do everyone is doing AMD builds and there are no AM4 itx boards with the front panel header for usb c. I would wait until AMD adds it before I would consider adding it to the case.

Reactions: Prothea and Jello

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Additonally, spec wise USB A is indeed intended for host machines (like a PC), while USB C (and B) is intended for the client machines (phone, portable audio players, GPS, microphone, etc).

There are exceptional cases though, like, nowadays a smartphone can be considered as a host machine as well; with the help of USB OTG.

Last edited:

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I might open up a waiting list or something like that. Although the "conversion rate" to orders as they say, is low, it would keep interest going.

I have several external NVME SSDs that use C to C cables. I also have 2 phones that do, and I’m starting to see more devices that do as well.

Personally, I hope C replaces A entirely.

Reactions: Frazhna

CosmicOsmo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 2, 2019

Yes, there a lots of devices that connect C-to-C. There are even USB-C flash drives nowadays (relevant, as flash drives are probably the #1 use case for front USB ports).

Additonally, spec wise USB A is indeed intended for host machines (like a PC), while USB C (and B) is intended for the client machines

This was true in the age of USB-A to micro/mini-B, but the USB 3 spec requires host negotiation protocol, where the devices themselves determine who's the host and who's the slave, not the cable. If you take a USB C-to-C cable and connect your PC to your phone, the PC is the host. Connect the phone to an external hard disk with the same cable, and the phone is the host.

I would hold off on the usb c, people have been hammering both Dan A4 and Ncase to add the usb c and now that they do everyone is doing AMD builds and there are no AM4 itx boards with the front panel header for usb c. I would wait until AMD adds it before I would consider adding it to the case.

Personally I want my case to be as forward-looking as possible, because it's the only component that I might keep for 10 years. Many Intel boards already have the header, so AM4 boards with it can't really be that far off.

Anyway... that's my case for USB-C. Thanks for reading!

leifeinar

Trash Compacter
Sep 18, 2019
Today is mid December :)

Regarding USB-c: When spending more than 200 usd on a case, its a case im planing to have for several years. But usb-c is having a slow start on ITX