Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
As one who uses a G-unique and a massive dell powerbrick, I do kind of wish I had gone the route on the internal psu. That is a huge reason why I want this case so badly.

+1.

I don't want to travel with my PC but forget to bring my power brick :cool:. I guess I'm more of that old-school users who are used with power supply as a component in the PC itself. That's why I like this case so much

Reactions: Biowarejak

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
As one who uses a G-unique and a massive dell powerbrick, I do kind of wish I had gone the route on the internal psu. That is a huge reason why I want this case so badly.

I am of the same opinion, one of the selling points of this case for me is the SFX PSU support. I already have both the SF450 and SF600, they both are extremely quiet and work very well.

Reactions: mrp0p1nfr3sh

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
This pico talk turned into into something it wasn't.. How about we leave it till the day it gets it's own thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosuchthing

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
@firewolfy in the latest renders you've gotten the surface texture to look like brushed anodized alu. I don't remember if we discussed surface texture earlier? In your description in the OP you don't mention any texture treatment.. If I get a say, I'd prefer a kind of matte finish instead of the brushed look. (I guess any kind of shot blasting goes well with anodizing)
Edit: just found this article:
http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=580/how-to-finish-aluminum/

Last edited:

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Hmm, yes I didn't include "brushed" in the page 1 info. That is an oversight on my part. The case exteriors will all be vertically fine brushed then black anodized. I mentioned brushing in the threads this summer, but you would have to hunt it down.

Sorry about that. I'll be getting the prototype parts with the production-intent brush anodized finish and will post lots of pics.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Looking forward to seeing those samples! The brushed surface may look better than I'm imagining right now..

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Sorry bro, I don't have a M1. The closest I have around here to compare to is a Dell "mid" tower as they call it.

I'll try to do a quick model of the outside envelope for comparison...
Okay, that should give me a good idea of the size difference. I know yours is nearly half the volume but it's hard for me to envision that without actually seeing it.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Here are some quick comparisons of the MI-6 to the NCase M1-

Edit -- added 1 more view

Last edited: