Stalled The ]M[ - Versatile: modular SFF casing from console size to much more

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I like that perforation style a lot. I think it looks better than original by quite a bit.

Edit: Also what would the liquid cooling upgrade be? Would it increase any of the dimensions or restrict component sizes?

The water cooling upgrade will be a more flexible approach like an attachment. Will publish the update the soonest possible.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I like the new design. It looks like something a big brand would make for an OEM pre-built PC but without the style being too in-your face.

One design critique is that while the side vents have a pattern that repeats itself in the small scale, vertically they are broken up into several larger sections for some reason. The perforations aren't really big so I don't see how those splits needed. Could you make that pattern more seamless?

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I like the new design. It looks like something a big brand would make for an OEM pre-built PC but without the style being too in-your face.

One design critique is that while the side vents have a pattern that repeats itself in the small scale, vertically they are broken up into several larger sections for some reason. The perforations aren't really big so I don't see how those splits needed. Could you make that pattern more seamless?

Thanks a lot for your comment. the side vents goes along with the front face. it is possible to make it seem-less. I will work on it and see if it looks any good.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
this is the water-cooling attachment that i have been working on. it is still in its early stages, but the idea is that:

1. it should be able to hold 2 x 240 mm or 280mm AIO with thickness of ~51 mm.
2. attachable to the case if the user wants to go for more cooling power, or more parts, 3.5 " Hdd or any. or even different GPU orientation/size.
3. the final size after adding the attachment should be about 12 liters.
4. acceptable foot-print. so far the foot-print (will be) 314mm x 119mm.

below is a sketch-up snapshot. as i said it is still in early stages. let me know your thoughts.

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
I love the idea of an expandable modular case. My first case was actually the HAF stacker so that concept in an sff form factor is awesome. The render looks good. What would be the final volume with the attachment?

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I love the idea of an expandable modular case. My first case was actually the HAF stacker so that concept in an sff form factor is awesome. The render looks good. What would be the final volume with the attachment?

Thanks for The encouragement. volume is about 12.2 liters with the AIO attachment.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Don't know if you knew what I meant by "tallboi/skyscraper".

I thought maybe it was a vertical mod. :)

I like the look of yours tho. I 2nd the question for volume w/ aio attachment.b

Also wouldn't at be an issue with the PSU fan?

My mistake I actually understood what you mentioned but that you might be thinking the attachment is vertical to the case XD. The total volume with the attachment becomes 12.2 liters.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
So what do you guys think?

Seemless perforation (Left side) or separated (Right side)?

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
I think the seamless is the best. It will also be just a tiny bit better for airflow since it has less material. Although that's probably miniscule.

Reactions: Marwan

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I really liked the design of your case, previous and current, but wasn't really interested due to the low cooler clearance. I have to say this extension changes things completely, really cool concept. Hope you can get decent cooling with available airflow.

Reactions: Marwan