Stalled The ]M[ - Versatile: modular SFF casing from console size to much more

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
exactly that, this bending.
one of my early cases had some long vents and had this problem as well.

Ok got it thanks. This only happens with with doors because they are thin. The chassis itself does not suffer from this at all since it is of 4 mm thick. I will think of a pattern or shrinking the vents.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Are you producing this out of the US or EU?

I'm interested in testing out one of these cases.

Hello, the casing is produced out of the US and EU. Will be doing a testing batch once I finalize the design elements all together.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Ok got it thanks. This only happens with with doors because they are thin. The chassis itself does not suffer from this at all since it is of 4 mm thick. I will think of a pattern or shrinking the vents.

I think a solution might be to have a couple small and thin reinforcement beams that run across the vent at the back of the panel for more structural rigidity. Or just split the vents into 4 sections.

Reactions: Marwan

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Hello there, thanks a lot am glad you like it. I will provide photip of the whole assembly, maybe a short video on YouTube to make like an indie ad for the case. As for the DP cable unfortunately there's no thin ribbon cable like in HDMI. I am working on my own solution. Will see where it goes.
Cool, really interested in seeing the inside and your findings for HDMI and DP!

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I think a solution might be to have a couple small and thin reinforcement beams that run across the vent at the back of the panel for more structural rigidity. Or just split the vents into 4 sections.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will do some designs of the doors and see how they look.

Sophiesff

Case Bender
Nov 16, 2018
I love this case, would love to see a slightly smaller variation with no hdd cage, mini GPU only and something like g unique brickless psu.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I love this case, would love to see a slightly smaller variation with no hdd cage, mini GPU only and something like g unique brickless psu.

That's a possible variation, maybe the next version if this one succeeds.

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
Hey I'm really excited about this case! I'm planning a build in about 3-4 months, so I was wondering if you have any rough estimates for the first batch of cases? Seriously awesome work, this is one of the best cases I've seen on the forum.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
After looking at the photos again, one small change you can make is having recessed screws holes so the top of the screw is flat with the panel.

The design is very clean and having non recessed screws take away from it somewhat.

Last edited:

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Hey I'm really excited about this case! I'm planning a build in about 3-4 months, so I was wondering if you have any rough estimates for the first batch of cases? Seriously awesome work, this is one of the best cases I've seen on the forum.
Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm, hopefully in two months.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
After looking at the photos again, one small change you can make is having recessed screws holes so the top of the screw is flat with the panel.

The design is very clean and having non recessed screws take away from it somewhat.

Thanks for the your point. it is on my mind to make the screws recessed.

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
It's been a month and I was just wondering if the timeline on the case release is still the same? I've got a bunch of idea for my next build (those zen 2 rumors!) and am trying to figure out what parts I'm gonna get.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
It's been a month and I was just wondering if the timeline on the case release is still the same? I've got a bunch of idea for my next build (those zen 2 rumors!) and am trying to figure out what parts I'm gonna get.

it's still on timeline hopefully. I am doing some updates to the looks I hope all of you will like it.

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Hi all I have been working on a different perforation style for the casing to give it more umm ..... look I guess ?

anyway here are some renders shots I hope you like them:

front shot:

and the last one:

So .... what do you all think??

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
forgot to mention, water-cooling upgrade with 240 mm rad is coming soon.

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
I like that perforation style a lot. I think it looks better than original by quite a bit.

Edit: Also what would the liquid cooling upgrade be? Would it increase any of the dimensions or restrict component sizes?

Last edited: