Production The First - Monsterlabo High Performance SFF case & Fanless CPU / GPU

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Still 2 solutions compatible:
- PWR button at the back + Noctua 200mm + top smooth skin
- PWR button at the top + Round 200mm fan* + top with connector holes

*or Noctua modified
Hello!
Could you please tell how much the Noctua 20cm fan is interfereing with the button, headset jack & USB ports in the final top hat build? May be you still have some pics so I can see how much I need to grind?

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Papa Rob
Thanks for your comment.
Regarding the heatsink, what I made was pretty close to Der8auer, instaed of I used and modified the current heatsink to have a right fixture.
Regarding that point, thermal aspect was pretty nice. I think the problem is the motherboard itself.

Regarding the CPU point I don"t know. I fear that's a problem of generation. I have seen that on this kind of CPU you don"t win a lot.
Also this CPU has temperatures that swing a lot during use. More than 15°C .
-->This is clearly not the heat transfer or the big inertia of the cooler.
There is something internally !!

To finish the story, I moved my two configuration to a 9700Kf + Asrock Z390m-itx. Two PC in 4 hours (win included), driver & bios updated automatically ...
I'm not an Intel fan, but I love when this kind of things works smoothly

PS: we have two 3700x available ...

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@Papa Rob
Thanks for your comment.
Regarding the heatsink, what I made was pretty close to Der8auer, instaed of I used and modified the current heatsink to have a right fixture.
Regarding that point, thermal aspect was pretty nice. I think the problem is the motherboard itself.

Regarding the CPU point I don"t know. I fear that's a problem of generation. I have seen that on this kind of CPU you don"t win a lot.
Also this CPU has temperatures that swing a lot during use. More than 15°C .
-->This is clearly not the heat transfer or the big inertia of the cooler.
There is something internally !!

To finish the story, I moved my two configuration to a 9700Kf + Asrock Z390m-itx. Two PC in 4 hours (win included), driver & bios updated automatically ...
I'm not an Intel fan, but I love when this kind of things works smoothly

PS: we have two 3700x available ...

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Hello!
Could you please tell how much the Noctua 20cm fan is interfereing with the button, headset jack & USB ports in the final top hat build? May be you still have some pics so I can see how much I need to grind?

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Hello,

Happy new year to all fanless enthusiast !!

Some news:
  • Some update on the website / New compatibilities for GPU
  • We are close to our minimum quantity to order the top fan option !! We hope to launch this month .... in the middle of Chinese new year :)
  • We are working on a new project ! We will let you know soon what it is about.
    But it will be BIG, so BIG !!
We are preparing an "inside ML" named "6 months after" to speak about difficulties and happiness about the First.
If you have something to share, funny or not, please send directly to me or "info @ monsterlabo . com"

For those who are still looking to this forum, we have a question.
Do you think it would be better for us to host the forum on our website ?
We are thinking so because we thought it would be nice to have different topics and some organisation.

Bye,

Reactions: dealda

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Hello,
I see on yhe site: "Currently needed to close the batch: 0 unit." So the batch for TOP HAT is closed? The pruduction is started or will start soon?

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Hello,

@Eduard The batch is close and production will be launched.
We will let you know the timing and delays when we have all the information on our side.

Other updates of Monsterlabo:

• We are launching Top Fan option into production.
  • We are launching also VRM cooling V2 into production
  • We have 2 new partners outside of Europe for PC assembly and we will make soon an update about it.
  • We are launching "PC of the month on our website". This will be a configuration at very special price.
Bye,

Reactions: Eduard

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
New skin available for a "smooth finish"

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Dear all,
Long time we have not shared here but Monsterlabo news are:
- Top fan and VRM are still "on hold". We have no yet any date for deliveries as this is manufacture in Strasbourg, France, where things are critical.
- We have several special price on the website as we are trying to find space in the lab.
If you can't find your solution, don't hesitate to ask.
- We have starting working on a new project. Soon some details ;)

BR,

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Hello MonsterLabo! How are? Survived the confinement? ?
Do you have any news on TopHat production advancement? Is ETA available?

emrahkaracam

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2020
Hi guys.

I like the first pc case very much. It's a really different and new approach. But I/O ports is a problem. I created a new model using existing parts. I was inspired by Phanteks evolv shift. I think it is much more useful. I am thinking of doing the project next summer.

Pros:
+ Optional semi-passive fan works more efficiently.
+ I / O ports are more accessible

Cons:
-Height increased by 3cm.
-Passive cooling capacity may drop slightly
-When the psu fan operates, the air flow is reversed. For this reason passive psu should be used. (seasonic prime px500-tx600, etc).

What do you think?

Reactions: Nord1ing

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Hi guys.

I like the first pc case very much. It's a really different and new approach. But I/O ports is a problem. I created a new model using existing parts. I was inspired by Phanteks evolv shift. I think it is much more useful. I am thinking of doing the project next summer.

Pros:

Cons:
-When the psu fan operates, the air flow is reversed. For this reason passive psu should be used. (seasonic prime px500-tx600, etc).

What do you think?

Hi, nice initiative, but I see several thermal problems. Those PSU are ATX and will block big part of fresh air access. Also the radiator being in the bottom part will heat more the motherboard and it will especially aggravate the problems with VRM temps on graphics card...

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Hello, that look nice.
About cooling, I think:
  • PSU can be installed with fan looking down and get fresh air from the bottom. SFX power supplies are very good this days, there is no needs to install an ATX (SFX alrady have all conectors needed by an ITX system with single GPU)
  • To have descent airflow, a ventilation grid lower body is a must (The First benefit a lot from grid instead of plan metal lower body).
  • 200mm fan on the top for better motherboard cooling instead of 140mm.
  • I/O panel (usb, power button) is better on the bottom than on the top -> any external cabled devices (like hdd, camera) with short cable, with top I/O will be left on extraction grid and hurt cooling performance.

Hi guys.

Pros:

Cons:

What do you think?

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Is 180W tdp gpu limit is for 140mm fan configuration or due to limitation of heat pipes? Sadly, rtx 3070 announced with 220W TDP :/

Reactions: Vir

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Is 180W tdp gpu limit is for 140mm fan configuration or due to limitation of heat pipes? Sadly, rtx 3070 announced with 220W TDP :/
Hi, I'm using 1080Ti with little undervolt, so at 210-215W I having temp hovering at 65-70C max (with 20cm fan). But we might have more problems around VRM (especially with 14cm fan it is not getting any airflow).
So it will be safer to wait for some tests first.

Reactions: Nord1ing

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
Hi, I'm using 1080Ti with little undervolt, so at 210-215W I having temp hovering at 65-70C max (with 20cm fan). But we might have more problems around VRM (especially with 14cm fan it is not getting any airflow).
So it will be safer to wait for some tests first.
Thank you for info!
P.S.: I installed 40mm noctua slim fan on my 1080 above vrms, super silent at 2000rpm.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017

180W is the limit "physics" of the heatpipe. So over this value thermal transfer is really bad ...
I think that we will tweak a little bit the 3070 to achieve a better performance / watt ration and keep into the wattage limit.
We are doing this actually for people using 2080 / 2080ti

Also maybe the 3060 will be a better choice for The FIRST

We are preparing something bigger for the 3070/3080?