Funding Different cases

Ahosso

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Oct 19, 2020
www.ahosso.com
Hi

I have spent the last 2 years designing these cases, all designed from scratch by myself and it has been quite an experience / challenge to get to this point. It’s quite amazing how things have changed when it comes to computer cases over the last 20+ years I have been building and fixing PCs.

Consumer market cases used to be "beige on the outside, sharp on the inside." (one colour option and inside frame that almost guarantees to scar your fingers for life) Cases have evolved beyond anyone would ever imagine in the era of "286 - 486."

Saying that, in the last 10 years or so it has been pretty much of a muchness. Same cases with just minor changes, outside panels swapping and adding more RGB. I'm talking about major companies, credit to small group of people that brought fresh ideas into this market, especially the SFF sector.

When GTX 1080 Ti Mini from Zotac was introduced, I thought that from this point we should be able to have top tier graphics that would not exceed around 220mm in length. Unfortunately, this "trend" has ended with the same "GPU generation" as it started. Recently launched RTX 3080 and 3090 continues with the "foot" length trend.

At the same time, APU solutions are reaching performance levels that for many people it is not necessary to have a dedicated GPU, popularity of fanless pc setup is on the rise as is the use of Flex ATX power supplies.

Values when designing a product that I hold high are the same as used to be in place before companies implemented "planned obsolescence". Solid (built to last), functional and pleasing to the eye.

SFF case market
This sector is now dominated by "sandwich", "ncase" and "vertical console" layout. I wanted to create cases that are different, not just another case with "same layout and a bit different panels on the outside."

Each case is optimized for air cooling and can be used for a fanless setup with the right selection of parts.

Within the SFF community, there are 2 major groups of people when it comes to dust filters. One don’t want any filters / restriction whatsoever, others prefer fine dust filters to be in place. These cases are designed to satisfy both. Dust filters are implemented magnetically and made by DEMCIflex.

It is my belief that I have designed these cases with all the honesty and integrity that I have brought to my work through my passion for computers from a very early age and hopefully with your support I can continue to bring fresh ideas to the market.

My website www.ahosso.com and my Youtube channel contains all information and specifications regarding each case.

Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please ask.

Reactions: iksretep and Phuncz