Production The First - Monsterlabo High Performance SFF case & Fanless CPU / GPU

ckychris

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
Update 2018/11/06 - Furmak test - 21C ambient air
The First V3 with GTX 1060 at 62C in fully closed chassis
The First V3 with GTX 1060 at 53C in open chassis

Looking good. If you don’t mind I am just wondering what’s the difference between v1,v2 and v3 in terms of thermal performance?

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Sorry for that I shouldn’t have written a version.

We did 3 steps of prototyping before production.

We have added galeries on the website. We will load visual of the last tests.

Reactions: ckychris

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Hello, First review in French. We sent V2 version of the case before PGW.

There is some modification regarding case we will send (V3).
- Fan fixture modified for easy installation
- Mesh plate on the top
- Some screws modified
- Anti vibration for HDD providen with all all cases
- Anti vibration for Fan also providen

https://www.modding.fr/test-the-first-par-monsterlabo/

Last edited:
Reactions: Kooki

Arion

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2018

There is some modification regarding case we will send (V3).
- Fan fixture modified for easy installation
- HDD 3.5" compatible with ATX
- Some screws modified
- Anti vibration for HDD providen with all all cases
- Anti vibration for Fan also providen

https://www.modding.fr/test-the-first-par-monsterlabo/

Regarding the fan, I read in the review that a fan can not be used together with an ATX power supply, only with SFX(-L). Is this true also in the newest version? I can't remember that I have read about this anywhere before, should be mentioned clearly in the specifications of the case in my opinion.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Regarding the fan, I read in the review that a fan can not be used together with an ATX power supply, only with SFX(-L). Is this true also in the newest version? I can't remember that I have read about this anywhere before, should be mentioned clearly in the specifications of the case in my opinion.

I have checked, this is written in FAQ but we will explain it better. Thanks

Also we are preparing an option to put a 200mm on the top for all configuration.

Last edited:

ckychris

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018

Seems like a fair test. Parts used are the same with the original test. Noted that GPU temp is default maxed out at 83 for GTX 1080 as it will throttle back in clock speed.

In summary, i7 9700k with a gtx 1080 is a no go for fully enclosed passive cooling at stock.

However, with undervolting we can usually expect a 20% drop in TDP with both CPU and GPU. Which probably can get away with going for an open case for i7 9700k with a gtx 1080 in a low ambient temperature? But realistically a GTX 1070 and a 65W CPU.

An interesting note will be the relationship between CPU and GPU temperatures indicates heat transfer is very efficient between copper to aluminium but not copper to aluminium to copper unless the heatsink is close to fully saturation. The location of the heat source doesn't seems to matter a lot proven by firestrike and OCCT tests.

Some questions:
- It's stated that we might get GPU vrm/memory heatsinks with the package, is that planned for first batch?
- Very interested in a semi-open config has it's bottom closed but it's back panel strip off, will this be equivalent to the official benchmark semi-open config? As this settings allow same atheistic as closed if place near a wall.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@ckychris Yes we will send VRM heatsinks with the first batch. This should go into production by tomorrow.
We will show you pictures soon, after newsletter

For the semi-open config, I will assemble today / tomorrow a RTX 2070 and a GTX 1080 configuration and do this specific test. I will post the results and show the build assembly on the website.

Honestly I don't think this will achieve semi-open config, but let's see.

Last edited:

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
@ckychris I made a first test today on the config build with GTX1060

i5 6600 - GTX 1060 3Gb with 3D mark Fire Strike Ultra 4k.
1h test - 20.5C Ambiant - Full passive mode - ATX PSU

Fully closed - CPU 60K - GPU 56K
With back skin removed - CPU 60K - GPU 54K

--> Nearly no impact with this kind of power. This should be a bit more relevant with higher configuration

ckychris

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2018
@ckychris Yes we will send VRM heatsinks with the first batch. This should go into production by tomorrow.
We will show you pictures soon, after newsletter

For the semi-open config, I will assemble today / tomorrow a RTX 2070 and a GTX 1080 configuration and do this specific test. I will post the results and show the build assembly on the website.

Honestly I don't think this will achieve semi-open config, but let's see.

@ckychris I made a first test today on the config build with GTX1060

i5 6600 - GTX 1060 3Gb with 3D mark Fire Strike Ultra 4k.
1h test - 20.5C Ambiant - Full passive mode - ATX PSU

Fully closed - CPU 60K - GPU 56K
With back skin removed - CPU 60K - GPU 54K

--> Nearly no impact with this kind of power. This should be a bit more relevant with higher configuration

Thanks for answering my questions! Really enjoying this journey so far!

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
We assemble our Zotac 2070 AMP build today.

First tests in open enclosure. 60°C on Fire Strike Ultra 4K with 22°C ambiant and 100% Fanless.
Pictures soon on the website.

Also we started to add some video on youtube to show assembly. We are uploading when renders done ... see here

Last edited:

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Sounds like mine might be ready before christmas!

Yes this is the target ! We will work during Christmas to provide case to all buyers. Then after we will have a "break" at CES !!

First video of the test made by Elisa to show in realtime performance on 2070. Howe you will like it.

Next video are coming; closed - Fan. Now we have fixed movie recording issue ;)