Log Taobao ZZAW B6 (V2) Case Review post

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
HI just thought I'd chime in:

I have a RTX 3090 TUF in it, and it's not going above 65C with the stock fan curve in benchmarks, even less in games.

I did remove the secondary part of the Apple cheesegrater effect as it basically cut the opening size in half. This case has amazing GPU airflow because of the openings on the corner once you remove the cheesegrater plate. Can't give you the numbers with it though, I received the case before the GPU and instantly dremel'd the that part out (you can't just unscrew actually it's reveted in place and used as support for the overall structure) as it was obvious it would impair airflow.

Reactions: Skripka

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
Original poster
May 18, 2020
HI just thought I'd chime in:

I have a RTX 3090 TUF in it, and it's not going above 65C with the stock fan curve in benchmarks, even less in games.

I did remove the secondary part of the Apple cheesegrater effect as it basically cut the opening size in half. This case has amazing GPU airflow because of the openings on the corner once you remove the cheesegrater plate. Can't give you the numbers with it though, I received the case before the GPU and instantly dremel'd the that part out (you can't just unscrew actually it's riveted in place and used as support for the overall structure) as it was obvious it would impair airflow.

Nice fit, I ended up not bothering and passing on Ampere due to the high power target. I would have sworn that cheesegrater plate was screwed and not riveted, but oh well you figured something out.

One thing I've done in the meanwhile, is eschew the stock PSU mount in order to rotate it 90 degrees....which I did by using thick double stick tape to attach the PSU to the sidewall. Frees up airflow a bit to the PSU intake fan and makes accessing the PSU on/off hardware switch a million times easier....also makes Corsair SF ATX 24 pin cables less of a stretch to reach. Although it does place the PSU higher and nearer the GPU, which could be an issue with long cards.

Reactions: Nero

Riedel Prime

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 17, 2020
Thought I'd share my experience.

I ordered this case after reading this thread. The aesthetics is what convinced me in the end, and I needed something bigger than my previous setup as I'm planning to buy an RTX 30-series card soon.

There are some clearance issues for GPU-waterblocks that are above standard height, like the GTX 1070 MINI-OC from gigabyte.
So I cannot close the panel with my current setup.

Building in this case was allright.

The LED for the power-button is way too bright, I have no idea why they put such a bright LED in there. I had to angle it away from me to stop it from blinding me.

I was a bit disappointed when I learned that the glass panel in the front isn't see-through, I was expecting to be able to see some light through it, but there is a metal sheet behind it which only has a small opening.

Album with images.

Reactions: Skripka