Log Yiluka YLK 01 APU PC Case

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
Well here I go again with a case no one has ever addressed on this network.

Yiluka YLK 01 PC case finally arrived from Taobao. I discovered this case on the CaseEnd.com website. I was looking for something smaller for an APU / no GPU build with a specific configuration: A case with a horizontal MB and a SFX PSU mounted on its side with the PSU mains power connections directly out the rear of the case that would allow for medium size air coolers with unimpaired air intake and good overall ventilation. This excludes low profile, sandwich or PSU over the motherboard configuration cases. No front inputs were needed.

The case is just under 6 liters and has a cooler height limit of 95mm allowing coolers such as the Noctua L9x65 with the 25 mm A9x25 fan at 76 mm tall, or the L12S with a top mounted A12x15 fan with a height of 85mm, or the L12 Ghost Edition with a top mounted A12x25 fan at 91mm in height with some room to spare. The L12S with the A12x25 should be too tall to fit.

The case has a unique feature in that a GPU of any size and length can be mounted externally without a riser cable by popping off the removable end cap on the left side of the case to access the PCI slot. There is a cutout on the case interior for routing the (when installed by builder) GPU power cable. Their suggested build uses a Ryzen 7 4750G CPU (same as my build) when out traveling, and installing the GPU for higher performance when returning home.

The case very light in weight as it is constructed from carbon fiber and is available in a black or white finish with the carbon fiber patern showing through. I chose the white - it is really silver in appearance that I prefer over white.

The style currently on sale is the V2 version with the following updates:
1. Detachable graphics card holder, which will not break the "little tail" of the V1 version due to transportation;
2. Fixing screws of the graphics card to be hand-tightened screws, and the box comes with 3 as standard;
3. A 2.5-inch SATA position is added to the bottom of the chassis to support 2.5-inch SATA hard drives within 10mm thickness.

The case came completely assembled and appears well made. The case was wrapped in multiple layers of foam padding. As the case is so light, the only likely damage would be if it were crushed under something very heavy. You do need an allen wrench to disassemble the case.

Purchase price is $160 plus $20 & $30 shipping charges = $210

Initial build notes:
You do need to remove the rear & later the front panel to complete the build.
On the removeable left end panel no fan will fit. There is not enough space for a 120mm fan, nor is their enough space for an A9x14.
Will be trying out some possible case fan additions.
The extra space under the raised MB to allow for a SATA drive seems to keep the bottom mounted NVMe drive a 2-3 degrees cooler than before.

Update: I checked the removeable side panel and a 92mm fan including the A9x14 with not fit either. The PCI slot is too close.
I did mount a Noctua A12x15 in the top panel in downdraft mode. You just have to place the fan over a bit to clear the PSU.
A quick 10 minute stress test with CPU-Z and Unigine Valley together drew 86.5 watts with a CPU max temp of 79C, System 1 max temp of 46C, and a VRM max temp of 45C in a 21C room on an X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI MB with 32 GB RAM.

Last edited:

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Thanx for the review and pics!

The case very light in weight as it is constructed from carbon fiber and is available in a black or white finish with the carbon fiber patern showing through. I chose the white - it is really silver in appearance that I prefer over white.
How do we distinguish carbon fiber from acrylic with carbon fiber pattern sticker on it?

prateekprakash

Cable Smoosher
Oct 23, 2017
This is the kind of PC case that I have in mind when I contacted J-Hack on discord and Custom Mod over email.
The two changes that I would like would be: support for sfx psu only, and raising the height of the case to support an NH D15. Truly an sff work PC without gpu, just like I imagined! It would then be able to house 11900k air cooled, no problem!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone have a link to the case? I can't find it anywhere.
Check out the last 2 posts in this thread.

It has something similar (in layout and form) but not in material.

Reactions: Stinkybear