Enclosure System76 - Thelio. A chassis that thinks outside the box.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Thank you very much for covering this @3lfk1ng . System76 are definitely doing some great things in the open-source software and open-source hardware spaces. I followed the launch of Thelio and it is something different altogether to see the end-product as you've shown it here. Bravo.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Awesome, super happy to see someone appreciate it, thank you.

For me, I was extremely pleased to see how quickly such a small company was able to improve their design based on community feedback, in such a short time. They definitely are listening to their fans.

I use Pop!_OS so I was happy to help share more about their team. They are doing some great thing and their upcoming 20.04 release is looking pretty solid!

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2017
It's a wonderful article, I have to admit that I loved the text inside the box and the postal card.

I will definitely include that in my next project ( I had the idea of a business card with a cute message on it, but yeah, a postal card might be actually better)

Thanks again for this!

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Gotta love System76, their philosophy seems to be the perfect blend between Open Source enthusiasm, engineering skill and design affinity. Loved the write-up and all the little details you pointed out. This is a lovely system.

Eiszahn

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2021
I love the design of this case, especially the wooden/coloured side panel. I am a bit concerned about airflow/temps though. There seem to be only open areas at the bottom and back (depending on the model)? Sure the visualization on their page makes sense but at a quick glance I have not seen any temperature measurements?