Sub 4.5L Internally Powered PC in a Made-to-Spec Chassis

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
Hey all. I’ve been interested in SFF for a while now and coming over from large water-cooling systems that take up a lot of space on your desk and are made to draw attention has been a real breath of fresh air.

I recently built a PC in a Modivio xCase S and while I really enjoyed that chassis and I felt what they are doing with those was a great idea I started looking for something that fits in a bit more with my desktop. Something sleek, metallic and with some sharper edges. As a fan of the console style layout I first looked into the Skyreach and while I do love how that case looks, in the end I guess I was after something a bit more unique for me.

As I am active on Gury’s Discord server I saw him posting pictures of some cases he made for other clients there and became intrigued, so I reached out to him to ask if it’d be possible to design a console style case made to spec of the parts I planned to use;

Z370 ITX Motherboard of some variation
QN8J Engineering Sample (8700t equivalent)
Cryorig c7 cu
Gigabyte ITX card of less than 170mm (1070/1080 and now 2070 mini)

He agreed and we got underway planning. At first I requested a system with an external power brick using his archdaemon solution as I had good experience with it in the past, however shortly into the designing of the case he proposed the possibility of fitting the brick in the otherwise wasted space under the GPU.

As of yet I don’t have this case in hand, however I have many photos he has sent me throughout the manufacturing process which I’m eager to share. I’ll reserve two posts after this one for updates when I get new photos and the case in hand. So here goes.

Photos:

Please keep in mind these are just photos of a test fit of parts, the final chassis will also feature two USB-C ports on the front (the final spec of these ports is not fully decided yet)

I'm hoping I'll be able to finish this build of shortly after CNY so stay tuned for updates. I'd love to hear your comments on it :D

Also check out Gury's discord if you're after something similar, he's a really great guy and does some great work!

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Very nice and compact, can you give dimensions. PSU is nicely hidden, does Gury believe it can be adequately cooled?

Reactions: nostyle

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
Very nice and compact, can you give dimensions. PSU is nicely hidden, does Gury believe it can be adequately cooled?

343x180x72.5mm

Gury seems to think so, maybe the 400w limit is due to anything more being too hot? Regardless it’s plenty for me with the parts I want to run :D

Did you desoldered the audio outputs, @nostyle?

As I mentioned these are just photos Gury sent me of test fits :D

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looks awesome, do you have an ETA when you will get the case? Looking forward to seeing your completed build.

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
Looks awesome, do you have an ETA when you will get the case? Looking forward to seeing your completed build.

Hoping shortly after CNY, I’ll definitely be sure to update this thread once my build is done!

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018

It arrived today! I had time to put the build together and check it posts. I’ll be doing some testing later :D

It's very interesting! :)

What is the estimated price?

Thank you!

It’s not actually a production chassis, more a one off made to order case that I commissioned from guryhwa of g-unique. I’m sure if you wanted one the same or similar he may be able to help you out however. Check out his discord server

https://discord.gg/E3xBP9

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
It’s not actually a production chassis, more a one off made to order case that I commissioned from guryhwa of g-unique. I’m sure if you wanted one the same or similar he may be able to help you out however. Check out his discord server

https://discord.gg/E3xBP9
That's fine.

I read before that was "one of a kind" and that's why I was curious about the price - If it would be comparable to other small form factor cases.

If It's not a problem for you, would you mind to share? If you are not comfortable with it, don't worry, just ignore the question.

Thank you for your help, attention and your response.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
That's fine.

I read before that was "one of a kind" and that's why I was curious about the price - If it would be comparable to other small form factor cases.

If It's not a problem for you, would you mind to share? If you are not comfortable with it, don't worry, just ignore the question.

Thank you for your help, attention and your response.

Not an inconvenience whatsoever, I just misunderstood the question sorry!

I paid $130 for the case (included in that price was designing, cutting, bending and anodising + custom front panel work)

$160 for the psu including the Ac-dc internal module plus the archdaemon LE module

$30 for shipping to me in Australia

Honestly overall I think it was insanely good value

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
Not an inconvenience whatsoever, I just misunderstood the question sorry!
It's all good, no need to apologize for anything! :)
I paid $130 for the case (included in that price was designing, cutting, bending and anodising + custom front panel work)

$160 for the psu including the Ac-dc internal module plus the archdaemon LE module

$30 for shipping to me in Australia

Honestly overall I think it was insanely good value
It's indeed an insanely good price!

Too bad I'm in Brazil and It would cost me too much to ship something like this, but I really liked the design and the design of your "g-unique case".

Did you have to pay customs taxes?

Thank you for your help and attention!

Reactions: nostyle

nostyle

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 13, 2018
It's all good, no need to apologize for anything! :)

It's indeed an insanely good price!

Too bad I'm in Brazil and It would cost me too much to ship something like this, but I really liked the design and the design of your "g-unique case".

Did you have to pay customs taxes?

Thank you for your help and attention!

Didn’t get taxed. :cool: