Log Tiny little beast - Made in Brazil

iCluuster

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 1, 2022
Hello, friends!

So, i recently entered in the sff world. As many of you may noticed, one coolest things about the sff world is the community. It is really nice to see how people are engaged by a common goal: build the most powerful system, in the smallest space available XD

With a help from a friend of mine in Brazil to find some PC parts, and a lil help from some friends around the world to help me get what was lacking here in Brazil, i was able to build my first ITX PC

Here the specs:

- CM NR200

- R5 5600x (PBO Curve Optimzer -30)

- B550i Aorus

- RTX 3070 Galax OC 1 Click

- Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black (Plus a NF-F12 for push and pull)

- 16 GB 3200 MHz XPG

- 1 TB SSD XPG

- PSU Corsair SF600

- Case fans: 2 bottoms Kaze Flex Slim intake/ 1 top CM Sickleflow exhaust (just added another one today)

Temps around:
CPU - 36 idle - 68 load
GPU - 31 idle - 64 load

And, after the build, here is the result. Hope you guys enjoy as i do!!! :)

Best regards !!

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
How did you arrive at those GPU/CPU load temp? Did you run a stress test on each separately and note the max? That is, stress GPU while CPU is idle and vice versa.

Would you mind running some actual gaming benchmarks to put the GPU/CPU under simultaneous realistic loading and see what max temp they have?

Also, what is the max temp for the SSD under daily/gaming load? To this regard, if the SSD temp is not acceptable, my suggestion will be: try repositioning the rear NF-F12 to the case rear as exhaust.
At that location, it not only can extract hot air passed through the NH-U12S but also might create a draft of air between the NH-U12S and the display card so that this air current might just cool the SSD heatsink better. Another benefit is that this case rear fan will now be possible to directly extract hot air exhaust from the display card, thus reducing the amount of those exhaust going through the NH-U12S. Really worth considering, IMHO.

And, I wonder if the top exhaust case fan would compete for air with the front NF-F12 for air, thus potentially stealing air from the NF-F12?

Just my 2 cents.
And, welcome to the forum!

iCluuster

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 1, 2022
How did you arrive at those GPU/CPU load temp? Did you run a stress test on each separately and note the max? That is, stress GPU while CPU is idle and vice versa.

Would you mind running some actual gaming benchmarks to put the GPU/CPU under simultaneous realistic loading and see what max temp they have?

Also, what is the max temp for the SSD under daily/gaming load? To this regard, if the SSD temp is not acceptable, my suggestion will be: try repositioning the rear NF-F12 to the case rear as exhaust.
At that location, it not only can extract hot air passed through the NH-U12S but also might create a draft of air between the NH-U12S and the display card so that this air current might just cool the SSD heatsink better. Another benefit is that this case rear fan will now be possible to directly extract hot air exhaust from the display card, thus reducing the amount of those exhaust going through the NH-U12S. Really worth considering, IMHO.

And, I wonder if the top exhaust case fan would compete for air with the front NF-F12 for air, thus potentially stealing air from the NF-F12?

Just my 2 cents.
And, welcome to the forum!
heyy!

these temps i just got by gaming Gow, BFV, Cyberpunk 2077 while CPUZ and HWMonitor were still running too. So, i got the min/max value of each.

SSD is reaching 48 degrees maximum temp.

Also, i used the CPU cooler as intake from right to left <<<<< but a lot of hot air from GPU was dragged into the heatsink, so i changed the orientation to intake left to right, then the top exhaut push all the hot air from inside the case to outside the case. Before the fan orientation, i got 73 degrees CPU and 68 degrees GPU, using the same test method and room temp around 25 degrees celsius.
As i mentioned, i use curve optimizer PBO -30 all cores. No perfomance loss, but a bit of temperature drop.