SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Not sure I follow… fan cables are pretty easy to manipulate/route!

I think what I meant is that the fan would need to go in above the PSU, and the tabs on the PSU bracket seem like it would make it hard to put in anything above. That said, if I were to mod it the same way you have, I guess that I'd have room.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
I think what I meant is that the fan would need to go in above the PSU, and the tabs on the PSU bracket seem like it would make it hard to put in anything above. That said, if I were to mod it the same way you have, I guess that I'd have room.

It's worth a shot! You can get the bolts in pretty much any length you need (the longer the better, because you can just screw them further into the bracket). The tabs are definitely a weird inclusion on the bracket. I suspect because the fan will sit significantly higher up than the rails themselves, you won't need a super significant offset.

For posterity (and because I hadn't fooled around in Monodraw recently) here a diagram of the arrangement I came up with:

Code:
 1       2 3 4  5                             6   
          ┌─┐                                     
          │█│                                     
          │█│                                ┌─┐  
        ┌┐│█│┌┐                              │█│  
┌─┐     │││█│││┌─┐                           │█│  
│ │     │││█│││├─┤                           │█│  
│ ├─────┤├┤█├┤├┤ ├───────────────────────────┤█├─┐
│ │/////│││█││││ │///////////////////////////│█│/│
│ ├─────┤├┤█├┤├┤ ├───────────────────────────┤█├─┘
└─┘     │││█│││└─┘                           │█│  
        └┘│█│└┘                              │█│  
          │█│                                └─┘  
          │█│                                     
          └─┘    1) Bolt head                     
                 2) Washer                        
                 3) Horizontal/Top DA2 “Rail”     
                 4) Washer                        
                 5) Nut                           
                 6) PSU bracket

The bolts drop all the way through the top "rail" holes with a washer above it (optional), then a washer + bolt, loose-fit on the opposite side from the head. These four bolts then get screwed into the PSU bracket to the (same) desired offset—then, you can tighten the nut down to sort of lock the whole thing together.

Reactions: Phuncz

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Definitely... turns out the cables barely fit in there as it is so I don't want to decrease the amount of space they have beneath the PSU. And it turns out my idea for a bottom fan was a dud since my GPU is too tall. The pegs for the bottom case fan mounting were hitting the fan on the GPU. So that's a no go. But I have bigger fish to fry now - I ended up busting my mobo in the switch. I now have a new one on the way.

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
It's worth a shot! You can get the bolts in pretty much any length you need (the longer the better, because you can just screw them further into the bracket). The tabs are definitely a weird inclusion on the bracket. I suspect because the fan will sit significantly higher up than the rails themselves, you won't need a super significant offset.

For posterity (and because I hadn't fooled around in Monodraw recently) here a diagram of the arrangement I came up with:

Code:
1       2 3 4  5                             6  
          ┌─┐                                    
          │█│                                    
          │█│                                ┌─┐ 
        ┌┐│█│┌┐                              │█│ 
┌─┐     │││█│││┌─┐                           │█│ 
│ ├─────┤├┤█├┤├┤ ├───────────────────────────┤█├─┐
│ │/////│││█││││ │///////////////////////////│█│/│
│ ├─────┤├┤█├┤├┤ ├───────────────────────────┤█├─┘
└─┘     │││█│││└─┘                           │█│ 
        └┘│█│└┘                              │█│ 
          │█│                                └─┘ 
          │█│                                    
          └─┘    1) Bolt head                    
                 2) Washer                       
                 3) Horizontal/Top DA2 “Rail”    
                 4) Washer                       
                 5) Nut                          
                 6) PSU bracket

The bolts drop all the way through the top "rail" holes with a washer above it (optional), then a washer + bolt, loose-fit on the opposite side from the head. These four bolts then get screwed into the PSU bracket to the (same) desired offset—then, you can tighten the nut down to sort of lock the whole thing together.

After thinking about it further I decided to give it a go. Since I didn't have enough room beneath my GPU, I've decided to mount the second NF-A12x15 I had picked up right next to the first one, at the top side of the case. I purchased 1" long threaded bolts. Tried it out and there's not quite enough clearance so I'm going to return them for 1 1/2" or 2" bolts tomorrow. I think with two fans exhausting air on the top of the case and a 240mm AIO, I should have plenty of airflow. I'm not sure if I should exhaust the AIO and run a negative pressure system or not though... would it be better to run the AIO in an intake configuration?

Reactions: Phuncz and August

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
I put little pieces of flat rubber to have little bit amortization. But now after make all together have problem. PC is turning off and turning off after 5sec. Have you guys any idea what cause this problem.
I reset cmos
Change duble termal paste
Tried to lunch with one memory
Checked plug in connector of pump

My setup is:
MB: AS Rock Phantom Gaming Z390 ITX
i9 9900K 3,6 Ghz
RAM 2x32Ghz 2666Mhz 1.2 CL 16 Corssair Vegance
PSU: Corsair SF750 SFX
GPU: Evga RTX 2070 SUPER
HDD: Seagate 3,5' 2TB
SDD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Nvme m.2
WP: NZXT Kraken X62 (280mm)

Even bios isn't turning on, does PSU Fan should be working all the time ?
video of problem below:

Redgards

I was having this exact same problem! Here's a vid:
Ever solve it? I couldn't and ended up purchasing a new mobo which is supposed to come in on Friday.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
After thinking about it further I decided to give it a go. Since I didn't have enough room beneath my GPU, I've decided to mount the second NF-A12x15 I had picked up right next to the first one, at the top side of the case. I purchased 1" long threaded bolts. Tried it out and there's not quite enough clearance so I'm going to return them for 1 1/2" or 2" bolts tomorrow. I think with two fans exhausting air on the top of the case and a 240mm AIO, I should have plenty of airflow. I'm not sure if I should exhaust the AIO and run a negative pressure system or not though... would it be better to run the AIO in an intake configuration?

Good to know, re: bolt length.

As far as intake vs. exhaust—I’d recommend exhausting out the side, and trying to pull air in via the top and bottom. This will keep the outer shell cool to the touch, rather than pushing hot air out and warming the chassis itself. The side panel may get hot, but it’s thermally isolated thanks to the rubber pads!

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
I ended up not having enough clearance on the bottom. My radiator is set up as an intake and I have the two 120mm Noctuas on the top, as exhaust. I'll have to post a pic later!

Temps seem great, very low 30's in idle, mid 40's under load. My GPU on the other hand has been getting up into the high 60's, low 70's. Was definitely having some drops in frame rate yesterday. Not sure if that is just do to poor code optimization in the game I was playing or the heat messing with performance... :/

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I ended up not having enough clearance on the bottom. My radiator is set up as an intake and I have the two 120mm Noctuas on the top, as exhaust. I'll have to post a pic later!

Temps seem great, very low 30's in idle, mid 40's under load. My GPU on the other hand has been getting up into the high 60's, low 70's. Was definitely having some drops in frame rate yesterday. Not sure if that is just do to poor code optimization in the game I was playing or the heat messing with performance... :/
Maybe next time when you play, open a monitoring program (eg MSI Afterburner) in the background and see if there is a frequency throttling due to high temp.

BTW, since you are doing watercooling, is there any reason why you do not use 280mm (vs your current 240mm)? I think the possibility of doing a 280 is one of the highlights of the DA2, which I would take advantage of if I watercool in this case.

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Maybe next time when you play, open a monitoring program (eg MSI Afterburner) in the background and see if there is a frequency throttling due to high temp.

BTW, since you are doing watercooling, is there any reason why you do not use 280mm (vs your current 240mm)? I think the possibility of doing a 280 is one of the highlights of the DA2, which I would take advantage of if I watercool in this case.

Not sure why there would be... My CPU temps haven’t been going past the low 60’s under load. As for the rad size, I like having that as an option but I’m working with what I had for the time being. I had purchased the 240mm for the NZXT H200 that I transferred all my components from. I’m glad I can upsize if I need to but I’m feeling fairly comfortable with my CPU temps as they are at the moment.

Reactions: tinyitx

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Guys, anyone knows if the ASUS mDTX Crosshair Impact VII fits in the DA2? I am worried about the NVME daughterboard facing issue with the power cord.

Any info on this? Thanks a lot!

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
I'm sure I've seen a build with that motherboard. I'll see if I can find it for you

Edit:
Not the greatest example, and not the one I remember, but it shows it can be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: warpower

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks a lot! But still is not clear, I didn't find any interior views. I've asked him with a direct message on Reddit. Let's see!

Reactions: August

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
I'm not sure how hard it'd have been for Streacom, but it'd have made a lot of sense for the vertical GPU to have a flipped motherboard tray, since the new part includes the back-plate.

They could have had the back-plate integrate the vertical gpu slots, a fixed motherboard backing tray (solid to stop heat passing between 'sides' too) and so on, and then used some kind of structure from the floating end of the new tray to tie into the old vertical/horizontal support bars or PSU support.

This is an amazing case. Despite it's shortcomings I think I'm going to be buying one with the glass and perf panels and doing an air cooled build.

BUT, it seems critical that you do some mods and swizzle stuff around a bit to get the best from it. It's a shame Streacom are leaving users to get the most from their case, when other high end case manufacturers with similar total case costs (after everything needed) will give you a product that will work out of the box.

However I'm very grateful that Streacom released their 3D model of this case. It's allowed me to virtually build my system and get a feel for things before I buy too many parts.

So far however all I've committed to is the case(in black) and an SF750 haha!
Modelling parts accurately enough to test takes time, and doing virtual cabling is a pain too.

Cheers

Dave

Reactions: moosh and August

Mr Whippy

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
Well despite this thread being a bit 50:50 on the DA2, I've just ordered a black one.

I'd have gone for a Ghost S1 had they done a 'tall' version but there is no way I could live with those 'hats' and a seam haha.

But all considered the DA2 wins on looks with the glass... it's just gonna be making the airflow work.

I'm going for a near silent air cooled 3950x, 64gb (b550 probably), 2tb nvme, with a 1070 strix oc for now.

Reactions: moosh and August

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
Well despite this thread being a bit 50:50 on the DA2, I've just ordered a black one.

I'd have gone for a Ghost S1 had they done a 'tall' version but there is no way I could live with those 'hats' and a seam haha.

But all considered the DA2 wins on looks with the glass... it's just gonna be making the airflow work.

I'm going for a near silent air cooled 3950x, 64gb (b550 probably), 2tb nvme, with a 1070 strix oc for now.
I have both cases ghost s1 and DA2 If you take out the filters out the top and bottom temps should be good I had a I9 9900K @5ghz with dark rock TF and FTW 3 1080ti and my temps were good

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018