SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Hi all. Long time lurker on here and r/SFFPC. Recently took the plunge and purchased a DA2, the PAP, two NF-A12x15, and a Corsair SF600!

I'll be moving the components of my H200 into it, which include:

CPU: i5-8600k, OC'd to 4.5GHz
Cooler: Castle 240 RGB
MOBO: GA Z370N-WiFi
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence LPX
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX580
STORAGE: Samsung EVO 970 m.2 250GB, Samsung EVO 860 1TB

My plan is to mount one of the noctuas on the bottom panel toward the front of the case and the other on the top above the cpu. Didn't get a full set of four because I wasn't sure if there was going to be enough room to mount above the PSU as well.

Didn't know there was a fitment issue with the SF600 and the PSU bracket. I wish I had known that before picking it up. Looks like with some careful alignment I should be able to get it to fit though. I do know that there are some problems with the rear of the case being too thick to properly attach a DP cable. Hoping to not have the same issue with my HDMI cord. With those two known issues, anything else I should know before I dive into it?

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi all. Long time lurker on here and r/SFFPC. Recently took the plunge and purchased a DA2, the PAP, two NF-A12x15, and a Corsair SF600!

My plan is to mount one of the noctuas on the bottom panel toward the front of the case and the other on the top above the cpu. Didn't get a full set of four because I wasn't sure if there was going to be enough room to mount above the PSU as well.

Didn't know there was a fitment issue with the SF600 and the PSU bracket. I wish I had known that before picking it up. Looks like with some careful alignment I should be able to get it to fit though. I do know that there are some problems with the rear of the case being too thick to properly attach a DP cable. Hoping to not have the same issue with my HDMI cord. With those two known issues, anything else I should know before I dive into it?

Welcome!

Given the size of your Sapphire Pulse RX580, I suggest you to double check on whether or not a 120x15 fan can be fitted on the bottom panel (even nearer to the front).

Also, suggest you to consider removing the bottom filter to improve the air intake, if thermal becomes bad.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019

i have the SF750 in mine, not really sure what the fuss was all about, it just about bolts on correctly, i certainly didn't need to grind or cut anything,
im not sure what kind of fan fitment Streacom thought would fit top n bottom, as its all a squeeze, in the end i fitted 2 x NF-A12x15's at the top and 2 at the bottom out side of the filters, so they sit in the top and bottom reccess, given i have 2 120mm AIO's had not much choice, but it looks smart and the thermals are great, but fitting the fans this way is a little fiddly as had to cut the mesh on the filters to allow the fan leads back into the case, but neatly done,

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Welcome!

Given the size of your Sapphire Pulse RX580, I suggest you to double check on whether or not a 120x15 fan can be fitted on the bottom panel (even nearer to the front).

Also, suggest you to consider removing the bottom filter to improve the air intake, if thermal becomes bad.

I think it should fit because I'll be mounting the bottom fan directly to the bottom vent using the performance air panel kit. If it does what's advertised by Streacom, mounting directly to the bottom filter will position the fan 14mm lower than it would've been had it just been mounted with the normal horizontal brackets.

Reactions: August and tinyitx

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
i have the SF750 in mine, not really sure what the fuss was all about, it just about bolts on correctly, i certainly didn't need to grind or cut anything,
im not sure what kind of fan fitment Streacom thought would fit top n bottom, as its all a squeeze, in the end i fitted 2 x NF-A12x15's at the top and 2 at the bottom out side of the filters, so they sit in the top and bottom reccess, given i have 2 120mm AIO's had not much choice, but it looks smart and the thermals are great, but fitting the fans this way is a little fiddly as had to cut the mesh on the filters to allow the fan leads back into the case, but neatly done,

How much clearance would you say there is between the underside of the top dust filter and the PSU bracket? Since I have the performance panel kit that will allow me to mount directly to the filter, I'm hoping I'll be able to fit some fans above the PSU bracket. I'll see how two works out but I'm thinking I may go to a full set of four, two on top, two on bottom. That may be over kill though... idk.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think it should fit because I'll be mounting the bottom fan directly to the bottom vent using the performance air panel kit. If it does what's advertised by Streacom, mounting directly to the bottom filter will position the fan 14mm lower than it would've been had it just been mounted with the normal horizontal brackets.
Good!
When you are done, please post some pics up. I really wish to see the end result.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
How much clearance would you say there is between the underside of the top dust filter and the PSU bracket? Since I have the performance panel kit that will allow me to mount directly to the filter, I'm hoping I'll be able to fit some fans above the PSU bracket. I'll see how two works out but I'm thinking I may go to a full set of four, two on top, two on bottom. That may be over kill though... idk.

the reason i went with the fans outside of the filters was because i think the only place the fan would fit inside was above the motherboard, pretty sure it would not fit above the psu, (I also have the PPK along with the extra brackets) on a plus side, if you have 4 fans running at 30% its far less noisy than 2 at 60% plus you have more or less the full length of the case with cool air being pulled in at the bottom and hot air going out the full length at the top, when im home tonight will check if i remember, but pretty sure the psu bracket is in the way, unless you dremmeled off the two lugs that stick up, it my fit then,

Fan7asy

Efficiency Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Hi guys, I am really interested in switching from dan A4 to this gorgeous and more capable case. I am in the UK and I am wondering where can I get the 'Acrylic Panel Kit'? Or does the kit come along with the case itself?

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNdmMH9

tried to show photo of above psu, and theres not a lot of room

You're right. I actually took another look at the manual today and realized that there wouldn't be room anyway since the PSU bracket has those zip tie attachment brackets. Not sure why exactly... but they're there. They'd be too much trouble for me to remove so I think I'll pass on the extra fan above the PSU.

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
Hi guys, I am really interested in switching from dan A4 to this gorgeous and more capable case. I am in the UK and I am wondering where can I get the 'Acrylic Panel Kit'? Or does the kit come along with the case itself?

I wish it came with the case ?

Streacom designed it to go hand in hand with their TG panel replacement kit. So at this point, it's an add on. Apparently though there have been a lot of requests from people wanting to use it with the vented panels that come with the case, so I think they're considering including it standard. Heard it from someone on reddit who was told this by Streacom.

Anywho, back to your question, you have to contact Streacom to purchase it because it isn't available through any of their resellers. The panels themselves weren't overly expensive at $27 but shipping and taxes made picking it up pricier.

Fan7asy

Efficiency Noob
Nov 8, 2019
I wish it came with the case ?

Streacom designed it to go hand in hand with their TG panel replacement kit. So at this point, it's an add on. Apparently though there have been a lot of requests from people wanting to use it with the vented panels that come with the case, so I think they're considering including it standard. Heard it from someone on reddit who was told this by Streacom.

Anywho, back to your question, you have to contact Streacom to purchase it because it isn't available through any of their resellers. The panels themselves weren't overly expensive at $27 but shipping and taxes made picking it up pricier.
Thanks for the info!

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNdmMH9

tried to show photo of above psu, and theres not a lot of room

Right—it’s not really even the PSU bracket that is the issue. Just the normal rails make it almost impossible to put anything above it. ?

Fortunately, the rails used for the PSU bracket are spaced >120mm apart, so in theory, you could fit a fan between them.

I was able to set the bracket lower by mounting it with some longer bolts—worth a shot, maybe? (About $0.50USD worth of parts from a local hardware store)

Reactions: ApaucalyptiK

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
Right—it’s not really even the PSU bracket that is the issue. Just the normal rails make it almost impossible to put anything above it. ?

Fortunately, the rails used for the PSU bracket are spaced >120mm apart, so in theory, you could fit a fan between them.

I was able to set the bracket lower by mounting it with some longer bolts—worth a shot, maybe? (About $0.50USD worth of parts from a local hardware store)

miss mod, not an option for me as all my cables sit below it, but good work?

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
miss mod, not an option for me as all my cables sit below it, but good work?

It really doesn't have a very significant impact on the amount of space left for cabling… check it out!

Edit: Whoops, thought you were the original asker! I see your photos above, and understand you might have different needs/circumstances. ? Can I @moosh to redirect the conversation?

moosh

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2020
It really doesn't have a very significant impact on the amount of space left for cabling… check it out!

Edit: Whoops, thought you were the original asker! I see your photos above, and understand you might have different needs/circumstances. ? Can I @moosh to redirect the conversation?

hmmm... even with the offset, not sure it'd work since the fan still needs to be plugged in.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
is it just me or does anyone else struggle with plugging in certain inputs on the Motherboard backplate and GPU backplate, my USB C cable cannot push fully all the way in as it buts up to the case, this might only be because the x570 i aorus pro wifi pcie 4.0 motherboard backplate is fixed in place, but i have had to shave the plastic off my DP cable plug to connect to the GPu as part of the case is in the way there as well

just dont see how to fix this

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
is it just me or does anyone else struggle with plugging in certain inputs on the Motherboard backplate and GPU backplate, my USB C cable cannot push fully all the way in as it buts up to the case, this might only be because the x570 i aorus pro wifi pcie 4.0 motherboard backplate is fixed in place, but i have had to shave the plastic off my DP cable plug to connect to the GPu as part of the case is in the way there as well

just dont see how to fix this

Yeah, this is pretty common… ? It seems like in addition to the ~2mm case panels, the GPU sits back slightly. After loosening the back screws just a tiny bit and getting things settled, you can torque them back down to reduce the gap, but it's still problematic.

I'd like to know if it's an issue with the vertical mount backplate, as well.

All but one of my HDMI/DP cables works fine—the odd one out had some intermittent connectivity issues until I carved the rubberized shroud down. Generally speaking, not the kind of "mod" I consider fun.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah, this is pretty common… ? It seems like in addition to the ~2mm case panels, the GPU sits back slightly. After loosening the back screws just a tiny bit and getting things settled, you can torque them back down to reduce the gap, but it's still problematic.

I'd like to know if it's an issue with the vertical mount backplate, as well.

All but one of my HDMI/DP cables works fine—the odd one out had some intermittent connectivity issues until I carved the rubberized shroud down. Generally speaking, not the kind of "mod" I consider fun.

thanks for sharing, dont have the vertical mount so cannot comment, hopefully someone will,

re my usb C dilemma the cable is a Ocuclus £80 optical cable, so i wont be cutting that, maybe i need to get a little USB C extension cable and just cut that plug down instead, i do like my DA2, kind of bought it out of frustration as nothing else better looking/suited my needs, at the time of ordering the DA2 , i also ordered a Sentry clone and it that arrived today! oooof building to commence soon i think :)

• Wow
Reactions: August