SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Sorry, it's a bit unrelated but my package seems stuck a bit and hoped for an opinion. Tracking number says this as last info. Anyone getting similar?

2018-12-22 08:10 UNITED KINGDOM,COVENTRY PARCELFORCE ,Send item abroad (EDI-received)

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Sorry, it's a bit unrelated but my package seems stuck a bit and hoped for an opinion. Tracking number says this as last info. Anyone getting similar?

2018-12-22 08:10 UNITED KINGDOM,COVENTRY PARCELFORCE ,Send item abroad (EDI-received)

It's been sent out of the UK, your local/national postal service has been the tracking number and may have updates if you use your tracking number on their site.

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Tried, no such luck. No additional info, I was really looking forward to having a build during holidays but it seems it will have to wait... for when ever there is time. Hope everyone else got theirs in time :). Cheers from unlucky Bulgaria.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
A stock U9S should be compared to a stock C14S. If U9S is double-fanned, then C14S can also be double-fanned too.

The general data seems to suggest that C14S has better thermal performance. C14S is 820g, 6 heatpipes and stock fan moves 140 m3/min max vs U9S' 524g + 5 heatpipes + 80 m3/min max.

Example reviews saying C14S > U9S:-
http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-u9s/4
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/noctua_nh_c14s_low_profile_cpu_cooler_review,8.html
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7284/noctua-nh-c14s-style-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

But then, there are some reviews saying U9S > C14S:-
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cpu_air_cooler_mega_test/39

Additionally, Noctua itself says U9S can handle 215W but the C14S can handle only 190W. Both coolers are rated as ''compatible with certain restrictions''.
https://noctua.at/en/cpu/Intel_Core_i9-9900K

I think, for most situations, C14S will perform thermally better. But in some cases with some airflow arrangement, U9S will be better. However, if you wish to truly max out an i9 9900K, perhaps neither are very suitable. But, if you have to choose between the two, then you will have to actually buy both and try them inside a DA2.

Since DA2's general internal layout is similar to M1, I suggest you might go through the M1 thread to look for hint. I did that myself a few months ago as there are many people using C14/C14S/U9S inside a M1. My general feeling and memory is that, if the airflow is managed well, C14/C14S edges out U9S slightly thermally.
Of course, there are other factors to consider. Eg C14S is so huge that it blocks your access to the motherboard. It might have memory height limitation. But, it blows air down onto the motherboard and cools it. This factor may (or may not) become important, especially when the motherboard is inside a small (SFF) case where the internal is usually densely packed, thus limiting the establishment of clear airflow path(s). The smaller number of case fans of a SFF case does not help either.

Anyway, whether you try both or either one of them, I look forward to read your result.
This is great information, all in one post!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Another very recent build. It was written in Chinese but there are a lot of pics. Unfortunately, the focus is not the DA2 but the entire build. So, description of the DA2 is not detailed.
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1943579-1-1.html

He is using 9900K + Corsair H115i + 2080FE. He planned to use a 92mm fan on the case rear but he discovered the 280mm rad does not leave enough space for it. He mentioned that he would rather have a 240 + rear 92mm fan (vs his 280) because his 280 is not cooling the 9900K too satisfactorily.
For numbers, the CPU is 87C (CPU-Z Benchmark test) and 82-91C (Intel XTU).
But his pic shows his DA2 is positioned with one side against a wall and so I suspect this might, sort of, blocking one half of the case ventilation in and out.

Reactions: roozter and Nanook

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Happy new year to all.

In the meantime, here is yet another build floating out there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/aaxcax/my_streamcom_da2_build/

Ive decided... I'm gonna assemble my rig in a cardboard box. I dont even know if the parts work.

Use your motherboard box as a test bench and build on top of it. I've always built my systems outside the case first to test functionality and I prefer to test components whilst i can still return them to the point of sale rather has starting an RMA with a manufacturer which is more hassle and takes longer.

Another very recent build. It was written in Chinese but there are a lot of pics. Unfortunately, the focus is not the DA2 but the entire build. So, description of the DA2 is not detailed.

He is using 9900K + Corsair H115i + 2080FE. He planned to use a 92mm fan on the case rear but he discovered the 280mm rad does not leave enough space for it. He mentioned that he would rather have a 240 + rear 92mm fan (vs his 280) because his 280 is not cooling the 9900K too satisfactorily.
But his pic shows his DA2 is positioned with one side against a wall and so I suspect this might, sort of, blocking one half of the case ventilation in and out.

He has a beautiful setup. But i agree with your comments. You can use a 280mm AIO at the expense of having a rear fan, so you rely on having air exhaust out of the top and being forced out of the opposing side panel by the intake fans on the AIO. Blocking off his side panel will negatively impact his VRM and GPU temperatures. This assumes he is using his AIO fans as intakes.

I tried using my AIO fans as exhaust, but all my temperatures were worse. With a 280mm AIO a significant amount of air will be coming into the case via the GPU and if you're running furmark, that's only going to be bad news for your CPU.

Reactions: Nanook

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
It's not quite the Streacom DA2 but i did got my sff pc. It sure is much smaller than the 600T

Runs a little hot for open rig. I expected to be less
32 CPU, 40 MB

Also realized I bought the wrong noctua fan pairs as evident from the 140mm on the image that will be slightly larger for the x52 kraken

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyitx

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
My DA2 arrived yesterday from QuietPC UK, but I was too jet lagged after 27h of travel and just opened it now, it is part 49/500 of the 18YB-09FA batch and yes, motherboard standoffs are present, hope this reassures a bit the ones that were worried.

Unboxing photos::https://photos.app.******/A5jct7HKNqrtFPCR6

Now on to test the build on my BC1 Mini bench that also arrived today :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyitx and brt02

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Yep, a few builds have come in since mine with no mention of missing stand-offs so I was just unlucky I suppose. I got them yesterday so all is well now. Pretty impressed with how quickly Streacom dealt with it.

Also looking at the BC1, let me know how you get on with it.

Reactions: bubbl3

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My DA2 arrived yesterday from QuietPC UK, but I was too jet lagged after 27h of travel and just opened it now, it is part 49/500 of the 18YB-09FA batch and yes, motherboard standoffs are present, hope this reassures a bit the ones that were worried.
Now on to test the build on my BC1 Mini bench that also arrived today :)

So, you are building 2 systems at the same time? One with DA2 and one with BC1 Mini?
Looking forward to see both builds!
I have just finished building mine on a BC1 Mini Silver (which is documented in the Build Logs section, look for it if you are interested).
I have set my eyes on a DA2 for the next build (which will not be for myself but for my buddy).

Reactions: bubbl3 and brt02

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
So, you are building 2 systems at the same time? One with DA2 and one with BC1 Mini?
Looking forward to see both builds!
I have just finished building mine on a BC1 Mini Silver (which is documented in the Build Logs section, look for it if you are interested).
I have set my eyes on a DA2 for the next build (which will not be for myself but for my buddy).
I build a lot of ITX systems to decided to get the BC1 mini and test the HW for the DA2 build on it first, it's a great bench have to say.

Here some photos of the HW on the BC1, will move into the DA2 in the afternoon:

Reactions: roozter and tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I build a lot of ITX systems to decided to get the BC1 mini and test the HW for the DA2 build on it first, it's a great bench have to say.

Ah, I get it now. You use your BC1 Mini really as a test bench to test components before putting them into cases.

Are you going to put the system shown in the pics into your DA2?
I ask because I find it interesting that the NH-U9S is oriented 'upward' (ie blowing air up to the case top when situated inside the DA2). I have not seen many people doing it this way. I saw one such setup in a Chinese forum but the guy latter changed back to blowing air out via the case rear.
So, I would be really interested to see your thermals, especially the RTX 2080 FE is exhausting air inside the case.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018

Uhm, I've only done a handful of builds in the past, but that much thermal paste is way off, isn't it?