SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Pretty much everything is ready. I'm mostly transferring parts across from my S4 MIni build

Expecting SF600 today. Kraken X62 is coming tomorrow. Might get an EVGA FTW3 1080ti, if I can find one at a good price, but i intend on sticking with the Zotac 1080 mini in the meantime.

Just waiting on the case. And the Noctuas that are shipping with it.

Reactions: tinyitx

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
I received an email from QuietPC UK,

"Unfortunately the cases have been held at customs so will not be with us today.

We are hoping they arrive with us tomorrow, as soon as they do arrive all orders will be dispatched."

I'm from the Philippines so I guess I will have the case after the new year.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I received an email from QuietPC UK,

"Unfortunately the cases have been held at customs so will not be with us today.

We are hoping they arrive with us tomorrow, as soon as they do arrive all orders will be dispatched."

I'm from the Philippines so I guess I will have the case after the new year.

Do not be too pessimistic.
I chose 'Philippines' as the country and did a mock checkout. The ordering system says the delivery will be tomorrow (assuming they get the units cleared from UK customs, of course) and you should expect to receive between 24th and 27th.
I think this is totally believable. UPS Express is quite fast and reliable. And once the case is into their system, Christmas holidays will not delay the flying between UK and Philippines. The only uncertainty for you is if the Philippines customs clear it quickly or not.

Reactions: brt02

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I hope you guys in the UK get your unit before Christmas so that you can begin the build with the 2-day free time.
I am excited even though I am not ordering. Perhaps because this is the case for my next build.
I am looking forward to read the build logs.
You guys have all the components ready?

I've been sitting on all my components since September! I'm heading off to visit friends and family tomorrow for the holidays, so I won't be able to build anything until the New Year now.

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
Do not be too pessimistic.
I chose 'Philippines' as the country and did a mock checkout. The ordering system says the delivery will be tomorrow (assuming they get the units cleared from UK customs, of course) and you should expect to receive between 24th and 27th.
I think this is totally believable. UPS Express is quite fast and reliable. And once the case is into their system, Christmas holidays will not delay the flying between UK and Philippines. The only uncertainty for you is if the Philippines customs clear it quickly or not.

Oh I'm not concerned about UPS Express. its the Customs here in my country that I am worried. They take a long time, especially now that its the holiday season. But if it comes earlier, no complains here. :)

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I've been sitting on all my components since September! I'm heading off to visit friends and family tomorrow for the holidays, so I won't be able to build anything until the New Year now.

Pretty much exactly the same case. Sitting on all of the components for a while now. I'll probably assemble them on a desk just to check if everything is in working order. Pretty annoyed from all the delays but hope it pays off with good quality at least. Even if I knew, probably still would have gone for this case in the end. Its fits all my requirements and they are God damn too specific :). I'm not in the UK. Ordering to Bulgaria which on the bright side dont have to deal with customs, but hey. We will see how it goes.

Reactions: tinyitx and roozter

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
I hope you guys in the UK get your unit before Christmas so that you can begin the build with the 2-day free time.
I am excited even though I am not ordering. Perhaps because this is the case for my next build.
I am looking forward to read the build logs.
You guys have all the components ready?

I have yet to buy my components as this build will be a total upgrade. Will be buying a Ryzen based system. Still deciding if I should go with an air cooling or an AIO cooling system.

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Actually We did use the best option for Express Shipments from door to door for the UK ( Quietpc) as well as other customers and the DA2 has been already arrived in the UK on the 17th.
The broker of the forwarder has been a bit of a P*in in the *ss , and on the custom clearance side we have limited to no influence.

Last update from the forwarder was that the goods will be delivered today to Quietpc.

US (quietpcusa) has been also already shipped out, we expect to arrive Next week, but like said, on the customer clearance we do not have any influence, hopefully it should go smooth so everybody who back-order will have the goods soon :thumb:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I notice a little sad news....the price is raised from 166 quid to 175 quid. I wonder if the 9 quid is, sort of, an early bird saver or is it just import tax imposed the UK customs which is now passed onto buyers?
Anyway, great news that units are being shipped out today!:thumb:

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
Order got dispatched Dec 21, so I'm guessing it will arrive 27-28th also. I just hope it wont stay too long in customs.

Sollymay

What's an ITX?
Dec 21, 2018
Hi Guys!

Have you heard anything about the USA counterpart? I sent an email to QuietPC USA but they have not replied at all and just changed their scheduled availability for Dec 28th from Dec 21st.

Does anyone knows whats going on????

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
My delivery eta is now the 27th .I ended up buying a cheap case to run my new system whilst the DA2 shows up .

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
So it's built. I had stand-offs that came as part of a screw kit I bought off Amazon a few months ago.

They are not the right length and I had to use some spacers to make them the correct height for the motherboard to line up with the io shield.

I intend on getting the correct spacers, the only issue being that Quiet PC UK are closed until January 2nd. Hopefully I can get this done without needing to send the case back.

I also need a new displayport cable. The one I have fouls against the metal around the PCI expansion slots which stops the cable from plugging into the GPU. So I'm using the iGPU at the moment instead of my 1080

EDIT: It is the cable that is too thick. Thanks @Necere and @tinyitx for the help

Last edited:

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Case has arrived. It's beautiful. and flawless.

Edit: And has no motherboard stand-offs installed or provided. Damn.

@Streacom it looks like they are supposed to come pre-installed?

Great to hear you are enjoying our DA2.
Sorry to hear that there is an issue with the standoffs, can you please make a ticket in our support system ( https://streacom.com/contact/ ) ? The Support department will take care of this asap.