SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks,
But buying in the UK in £ for a dutch product, that is shipped to Germany?
Or will it be available at Caseking in the near Future?
Actually, I would not rule out QuietPC UK that quickly.
In their website, at the upper right hand corner, you can switch between 'English' and 'German' (sort of).
I wonder why they would make this special catering to the German speaking people (vs Spanish, French...etc)
My guess is, they might have a warehouse in Germany which can ship their goods more easily.
Anyway, the price listed is just the product price and it is the same regardless where you live in Europe (ie having to pay the VAT).
So, you will have to log in and find out the actual shipping cost.
I think it is worthwhile to further investigate QuietPC UK to see if the total cost is comparable to a retailer located in Germany.

Take my case as an example, the DA2 is produced in factory in China where I live. So, theoretically, it is cheapest for me to order locally from Tmall (a Newegg equivalent). But, I found out that it is cheaper for me to order from overseas (eg QuietPC UK) as I do not need to pay VAT even though the shipping cost will be higher. But the total cost is still a bit lower. That is not what I expected in the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
Hey, thank you for your advice. :)

I contacted Caseking, They are the official german Distributor and retailer of streacom. Let's check them first.
Don't have any stress or time Limit, just want to check out most comfortable and less expensive way to get one of These.
Also in Terms of Problems e.g.

I'm Looking Forward to see the first builds. I like the versatibility of being a cool air case AND to be Ready for serious watercooling.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
QuietPC are getting their cases in on Monday - 17/12/2018.

So I should have mine on Tuesday or Wednesday (I'm in the UK), depending on how quickly they dispatch.

Reactions: Alexander

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Quiet PC changed site from Dec 17 to Dec 21
QuietPC UK still lists 17th Dec. 30 silver ones and 30 black ones are scheduled to arrive there on 17th Dec Monday.
Looks like more 17 black and 21 silver units are pre-ordered by eager buyers.

And, QuietPC USA is listing 21st Dec though. Maybe they have not updated the date? Or, maybe, it takes longer for the batch to reach their US address?

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I'm starting to doubt the 17th date for europe. Probably not getting the case this year.

EDIT: QuietPC Europe has yet again updated their counter for 20-21. Definitely not getting it this year... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: brt02 and Alexander

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
I have the 21st still here in Australia, which is also the last day of work, so it it doesn't land on that day the office will be closed for deliveries... soooo I'll have to sort something out.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
''Update 13/12/2018 - Streacom have confirmed the shipment! All being well we will receive the DA2s on Monday 17th.''

The above is the last update by QuietPC UK.
I think, what is happening is, QuietPC UK was expecting 'express' delivery from the factory in China to them and so, by their previous experience of receiving shipment, they expected 17th was the day that they will receive the shipment. Shipment is on the way but obviously Streacom has used a 'non express' method, meaning QuietPC UK might get the shipment on the 21st.
If this turns out to be the case, UK residents should still be possible to get the case before year end (or even before Christmas).
And BTW, there is a 2nd buyer reported in the Chinese Tmall that he has received his pre-ordered unit.

Reactions: brt02

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
i emailed QuietPC UK today (on an unrelated issue), but they saw the pre-order on my account and have told me that they are still expecting the DA2 in tomorrow (20th December).

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
QuietPC Europe are toying with us 17th: Arrive Today, 18th: Arrive Yesterday, 19th: Arrive Tomorrow, 20th: Arrive Tomorrow

Just say "You'll get your stuff eventually at some point after the holidays" and not keep the 48 people that want one of these, on pins and needles with their pretty terrible estimates

It did ruin my christmas present plans already :(

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is the latest update of QuietPC Europe:-

''Update 20/12/2018 - We were hoping that we would have received the DA2 cases by now, but unfortunately they have been held up at customs. We are hoping that we will receive them tomorrow just in time for Christmas!''

Reactions: brt02

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
The before Christmas part applies to UK buyers - if the cases get there by Friday, the wording of that message sounds like they're not sure when the cases will clear.

I've had things clear customs in hours, and have had things in there for over a week.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I hope you guys in the UK get your unit before Christmas so that you can begin the build with the 2-day free time.
I am excited even though I am not ordering. Perhaps because this is the case for my next build.
I am looking forward to read the build logs.
You guys have all the components ready?