SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Another small update! I've found this new Alphacool DDC Top that helped me to rationalize the routing! and I can have even a drain port!!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Another small update! I've found this new Alphacool DDC Top that helped me to rationalize the routing! and I can have even a drain port!!
I did not look carefully enough. It is 280mm rad, indeed. Nice!
Even though I am now an air cooling guy, I still enjoy looking at interesting watercooling setups.

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
First build finally done. Thanks for those that have gone through all of the trial and error of experimenting with different layouts. Not crazy about the temps I am seeing with the air cooler (high 80s), and the Chromax exhaust is pretty anemic. Will likely have to adjust voltage or drop my slight OC. I had the Chromax fans from a failed custom loop build, but I may break up the black theme and go with NF-A12x25s or switch to an AIO.

I found the minimum fan rpm on my founders 2080 ti too loud for my setup. The Asus ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC was a challenge to install. Ultimately I had to remove the bottom horizontal case bracket to fit it in. However after some initial testing I am much happier with the sound profile and the temps stayed in the low 70s.

Rocaxl

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2019
First build finally done. Thanks for those that have gone through all of the trial and error of experimenting with different layouts. Not crazy about the temps I am seeing with the air cooler (high 80s), and the Chromax exhaust is pretty anemic. Will likely have to adjust voltage or drop my slight OC. I had the Chromax fans from a failed custom loop build, but I may break up the black theme and go with NF-A12x25s or switch to an AIO.

I found the minimum fan rpm on my founders 2080 ti too loud for my setup. The Asus ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC was a challenge to install. Ultimately I had to remove the bottom horizontal case bracket to fit it in. However after some initial testing I am much happier with the sound profile and the temps stayed in the low 70s.

Looks beautiful. What cpu cooler are you using?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Love the all black build, looks amazing. :thumb:

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
And here it is, DA2 Take 5 with dual AIO (H60 on CPU and H55 on GPU) :D

First of all decided to install a second 92mm fan to cool the VRM on the left of the GPU:

Then cleaned up the case and installed the SF750, have to say that those braided cables make everything easier:

This case looks crowded, well it is (also moved back to dominator ram, cause why not go overkill at this point) :D

You'll notice some flex in the kraken G12, that's on purpose as I needed some tolerance for the PCI-E power connectors:

Second AIO is in, time to assemble the 2 rads together and mount the brackets:

Looking good :D

You may have noticed I moved to a Corsair Commander Pro to control my GPU fans, i'm quite impressed with how well it works:

Ok, how does this thing do? (all filters on, AIO fans set to exhaust)

Also tested with Prime95 smallfft, after 20 mins max temp was 76C and oh, this thing is silent! I'm an happy man :D

Now that the CPU is on an AIO, the GPU temp went down, a lot!

Is this the end? Not sure, I may move the GPU to the EVGA hybrid kit sooner or later, we'll see :)

Last edited:

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Hello people, after a lengthy delay yesterday i managed to make a tweak over my build. Was hoping to do some more but today, I'm feeling very much under the weather.

So what was done is:
  • Swapped the Kraken X52 with a Noctua U9S (Double Setup)
  • Shoved a 140mm inside to add some more airflow
I couldn't win the fight with the Kraken, too many cables too little space and in the end dumped it all together. I haven't decided completely yet maybe will give it another try down the line.

All fans are set on push. I leave it like this for a while to give it a try. Effectively pulling air mainly from the top and back filters. My hope is less dust inside, but will see how it goes

The Idles are
  • CPU: ~31
  • GPU: ~35
  • MB: ~34
Stress testing gives wildly varying results from 60 to 80 degrees on the CPU but im yet to see it throttle. The GPU however get quite toasty. I guess the bottom filter is choking it out a bit. Will keep monitor as for now it doesn't go to the red yet.

NOTES:
  • The build is noticeably louder. With three tiny fans spinning at a fairly high RPM, I don't see how can this be avoided. Even so the CPU runs hot under load so for now i don't plan to change this.
  • I tried readjusting the motherboard standoffs. The best result possible you can see on the images bellow. The GPU still doesn't quite fit, but that doesn't surprise anyone and there is still a noticeable gap behind the IO Shield. Note to self (and everyone else) pre-installed IO Shield is a terrible idea.
  • I dropped the 3.5 Inch HDD, this thing is a waste of space. Got everything off it and plan to transfer to a second NVME down the line. That slot setting empty on the back of the mobo just begs to be filled up. Not sure how will manage temps as I'm starting to understand that these things get pretty hot

In the end of the day the case is a pain in the ass to work with, but it's stylish as hell and really like how it sits on the desk. I'll keep in touch for further news.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
In the end of the day the case is a pain in the ass to work with, but it's stylish as hell and really like how it sits on the desk. I'll keep in touch for further news.

In the last pic, is there a reason why the left vertical bracket not moved over to the right to help positioning the exhaust fan?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Hello people, after a lengthy delay yesterday i managed to make a tweak over my build. Was hoping to do some more but today, I'm feeling very much under the weather.

So what was done is:
  • Swapped the Kraken X52 with a Noctua U9S (Double Setup)
  • Shoved a 140mm inside to add some more airflow
I couldn't win the fight with the Kraken, too many cables too little space and in the end dumped it all together. I haven't decided completely yet maybe will give it another try down the line.

All fans are set on push. I leave it like this for a while to give it a try. Effectively pulling air mainly from the top and back filters. My hope is less dust inside, but will see how it goes

The Idles are
  • CPU: ~31
  • GPU: ~35
  • MB: ~34
Stress testing gives wildly varying results from 60 to 80 degrees on the CPU but im yet to see it throttle. The GPU however get quite toasty. I guess the bottom filter is choking it out a bit. Will keep monitor as for now it doesn't go to the red yet.

NOTES:
  • The build is noticeably louder. With three tiny fans spinning at a fairly high RPM, I don't see how can this be avoided. Even so the CPU runs hot under load so for now i don't plan to change this.
  • I tried readjusting the motherboard standoffs. The best result possible you can see on the images bellow. The GPU still doesn't quite fit, but that doesn't surprise anyone and there is still a noticeable gap behind the IO Shield. Note to self (and everyone else) pre-installed IO Shield is a terrible idea.
  • I dropped the 3.5 Inch HDD, this thing is a waste of space. Got everything off it and plan to transfer to a second NVME down the line. That slot setting empty on the back of the mobo just begs to be filled up. Not sure how will manage temps as I'm starting to understand that these things get pretty hot

I came to the conclusion that the only way to put high performance CPU and GPU in the DA2 and have decent temps requires to have both on liquid, being it custom watercooling or AIOs.

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
In the last pic, is there a reason why the left vertical bracket not moved over to the right to help positioning the exhaust fan?

Biggest one is because of the LED strip from the EVGA FTW3, it's impossible to mount there. The strip is protruding making positioning brackets a non viable option. I need a smaller card, but not really a sensible economic decision. I've left it in as it keeps the cables at bay and additionally helps me no lose it around the boxes

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I came to the conclusion that the only way to put high performance CPU and GPU in the DA2 and have decent temps requires to have both on liquid, being it custom watercooling or AIOs.

Was hoping will be able to keep it at bay but it seems the U9S isn't enough. After an hour of Hitman 2 running (not actively playing) the whole case is pretty hot. It serves as a heatsink on it's own but it heats other components. I'll reverse the fans to intake and see how it goes

CPU: ~80
MB: ~53
GPU: ~64

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I'll try it tomorrow but still am curious, can the U9S be oriented horizontal and not vertical.

Flipping the 140mm fan improved the CPU temperature immensely (-15C) but all that heat is dumped backwards so now the nvme and the mobo are heating up more. I feel like in a Catch 22 :) removing the back dust filter helps a bit

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
I'll try it tomorrow but still am curious, can the U9S be oriented horizontal and not vertical.

Flipping the 140mm fan improved the CPU temperature immensely (-15C) but all that heat is dumped backwards so now the nvme and the mobo are heating up more. I feel like in a Catch 22 :) removing the back dust filter helps a bit
It sure can :)

Reactions: Phuncz and Nanook

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Current Setup (closed case, no side dust filter), Adjusted fan curves towards silence

Thermals Idle

Thermals Load (Gaming)

I am concerned about the nvme drive. 70 degrees doesn't look well

Reactions: tinyitx and Phuncz

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Current Setup (closed case, no side dust filter), Adjusted fan curves towards silence

Thermals Idle

Thermals Load (Gaming)

I am concerned about the nvme drive. 70 degrees doesn't look well
Temps don't look bad, the NVME can take it, mine hits 65 on system load.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, updates from my side:

mixing headaches and bad luck, I've spent hours not to fit the custom loop, but to fill it without a reservoir! For me was the first time, so the bright side is that I've understood how to do it.

The bad luck was because I was too sure about it that I didn't do a leak test. Well, one 90 degrees fitting was bad, so the liquid spills on the ASUS motherboard. So, the system wasn't booting anymore. Now the MB is drying wherever, and I've moved back to the ASRock (Even if it is not good as the Asus, especially the BIOS and RAM support: still not able to boot with XMP default setting, is a shame!).

Here my first loop inside! Using the PVC tube instead of Rubber because they are kinking less, especially the one coming out from the CPU block.

With this length of tubes, I was able to fill it OUT of the case and install back without a problem. But, don't know why there are some dead flies in the loop! (Maybe keep the radiator in the basement wasn't a good idea, and washing it 2 times was not enough I guess.)

Today I will swap the CPU block with a Watercool one, and I will redo the tubing using quick disconnect fittings, so I can fill it easily with a reservoir, properly! The temps are good, but I don't see improvements from the AIO 240 I did, so I think there's something wrong with my MB and Loop. maybe air, or is a faulty MB. It is not able to read the fan rpm, even if the fan curve works, and 1 test gives me 95 degrees on Prime, and the same test, 1 hour later, is not going above 85, same conditions. It's weird.

BUT, the sound of the DDC is way better than the DC-LT, and the Vardar EVO fans are good almost like the Noctua A12x25. Soon I am planning to put the GPU on the same loop, and flipping the fan exhausting. Running CPU and GPU all together doesn't solve the inside heating issue under load. We'll see!

Enjoy the WIP!

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
So, updates from my side:

mixing headaches and bad luck, I've spent hours not to fit the custom loop, but to fill it without a reservoir! For me was the first time, so the bright side is that I've understood how to do it.

The bad luck was because I was too sure about it that I didn't do a leak test. Well, one 90 degrees fitting was bad, so the liquid spills on the ASUS motherboard. So, the system wasn't booting anymore. Now the MB is drying wherever, and I've moved back to the ASRock (Even if it is not good as the Asus, especially the BIOS and RAM support: still not able to boot with XMP default setting, is a shame!).

Here my first loop inside! Using the PVC tube instead of Rubber because they are kinking less, especially the one coming out from the CPU block.

With this length of tubes, I was able to fill it OUT of the case and install back without a problem. But, don't know why there are some dead flies in the loop! (Maybe keep the radiator in the basement wasn't a good idea, and washing it 2 times was not enough I guess.

Today I will swap the CPU block with a Watercool one, and I will redo the tubing using quick disconnect fittings, so I can fill it easily with a reservoir, properly! The temps are good, but I don't see improvements from the AIO 240 I did, so I think there's something wrong with my MB and Loop. maybe air, or is a faulty MB. It is not able to read the fan rpm, even if the fan curve works, and 1 test gives me 95 degrees on Prime, and the same test, 1 hour later, is not going above 85, same conditions. It's weird.

BUT, the sound of the DDC is way better than the DC-LT, and the Vardar EVO fans are good almost like the Noctua A12x25. Soon I am planning to put the GPU on the same loop, and flipping the fan exhausting. Running CPU and GPU all together doesn't solve the inside heating issue under load. We'll see!

Enjoy the WIP!
Thank you for update! Watercooling is a lot of work. I feel your pain :p
Is there enough room to fit in a QDC on one of the soft tubing runs? That way you can fill your loop (less painfully) with a reservoir, and disconnect the reservoir afterwards.

For example, I installed Alphacool QDCon my Evolv Shift, WIP picture:

Completed picture:

By the way, I do not recommend the Alphacool ones, as one of them cracked. Fortunately it wasn't in a loop when it broke. I have also tried Bitspower QDCs, but I would recommend Colder Products (CPC) quick disconnects / drybreaks instead.