Production Sparrow-MQ6 6.8L One-piece aluminum(Sparrow for increased compatibility)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
If you order now, our next shipment will be shipped in April.
There will be very minor updates that will basically stay the same.

Will you include the screw holes to hold the pcie cable in the April batch?

Daegara

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2022
Any reviews about temps in case?
The only 'review' of sorts I've come across was this Vietnamese one - https://vietnamitx.com/t/cooj-mq5-mq6-case-mini-itx-chi-5-5l-nho-gon-vua-long-ban-tay.388/

The C-19 lockdowns in China caused some very understandable delays for this production run, but updates have still been few and far between. This has also noted in the thread for the related MQ5.

Despite the website listing Grey and Black SKUs as "in stock", many of us who ordered back in Q1 are still waiting for shipping notifications.

I should imagine more reviews will surface after this production run actually ships.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
What is the little Noctua fan for @2:29?
Just an intake to cool down the RAM sticks?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@COOJ After seeing the dimensions of the RTX 40 cards we may need a Sparrow-MQ13 + Stainless Steel Mesh Panels 😅
I know of the Z13 existence but the MQ series not only looks better, but may also perform better due to better ventilation

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
Is this a real product or is it vaporware? Is this a scam?
I paid for an MQ6 weeks ago, but zero updates since then.
Did you read the big letters at the top of the page that said "

Orders placed now will be shipped In November.​

"?

Hops

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2022
Did you read the big letters at the top of the page that said "

Orders placed now will be shipped In November.​

"?
Reading the posts on this forum, "November" seemed to refer to November of 2021 and the webpage not updated since then (only saw this forum weeks after I had already purchased).

In any case, an update newsletter or a reply to my multiple emails to the vendor's "Contact Us" addresses would help.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
Reading the posts on this forum, "November" seemed to refer to November of 2021 and the webpage not updated since then (only saw this forum weeks after I had already purchased).

In any case, an update newsletter or a reply to my multiple emails to the vendor's "Contact Us" addresses would help.
Before last month the website said shipping was in August. Shipping happened. I received mine MQ5.

It's like one guy doing everything, can't expect the same service you'd get from a huge corp.

Reactions: sos and Hops

Hops

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2022
Hello Cooj. MQ6 was promised to ship in November 2022... Ordered, paid and waiting since September. We are mid November but I have received zero updates on shipping. Please advise. This silence is not helpful. Thank you.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
Hello Cooj. MQ6 was promised to ship in November 2022... Ordered, paid and waiting since September. We are mid November but I have received zero updates on shipping. Please advise. This silence is not helpful. Thank you.
Did you check the “Shop” app to see if shipping has happened? In august I never received a an email notification but the Shop app accurately tracked my order.

Hops

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2022
Shop app doesn't work on my phone. It would be good to a tually have some contact rather than the prolonged silence.

I used to run an online business too... only a couple of us working there. We did everything from answer phones and texts, to email, order fulfilment, newsletters, outsourcing, stocking, vendor relarions and strategy for several dozen products.... I'm hoping Cooj can handle keeping customers updated with even a newsletter email once a fortnight (never mind personalized mails) for 3 or 4 products.

So, no, I can't check Shop App and I'd truly appreciate some human contact.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
Shop app doesn't work on my phone. It would be good to a tually have some contact rather than the prolonged silence.

I used to run an online business too... only a couple of us working there. We did everything from answer phones and texts, to email, order fulfilment, newsletters, outsourcing, stocking, vendor relarions and strategy for several dozen products.... I'm hoping Cooj can handle keeping customers updated with even a newsletter email once a fortnight (never mind personalized mails) for 3 or 4 products.

So, no, I can't check Shop App and I'd truly appreciate some human contact.
Just trying to give you some insight from my experience. Sorry if I struck a nerve. Hope you get some closure soon!

Hops

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2022
Just trying to give you some insight from my experience. Sorry if I struck a nerve. Hope you get some closure soon!
I'm sorry if I came off as pissed off... I was just trying to get feedback but receiving silence.

Anyway, my MQ6 was delivered a few days ago, and I put together my machine. Overall impression is the case is pretty high quality, and well thought out features to help with trouble-free assembly. The illustrated manual is ok, not great (the English in some steps is confusing) but I could just figure it out.
The case itself is actually quite heavy... Cooj could save some money by making the aluminium thinner gage. The anodized paint is decent. Be careful with the mesh side panels though as they're easy to scratch. The supplied screws are not particularly great, but thank you Cooj for including them in the first place.

When assembled , the case looks good and feels high quality when you touch it or pick it up.

One of the magnets that attaché the side mesh panels had a steel circular shim on .one (presumably to align the supplied standard perforated side panel and compensate for manufacturing tolerances). But I had purchased the mesh side panel also (I need more airflow than the standard perforated side panel can provide) so when I switched panels, my mesh panel was sticking out from the case. It took a good half hour before I realized there was a shim on one magnet since its barely visible and impossible to pull off. I disassembled the magnet and was able to remove the shim that way. Now the panel aligns flush with the case.

The opening for the graphics card shield was not lining up perfectly, which prevented my displayport cables from plugging in to some of the card's ports.(mine is an EVGA Rtx 3060).. .so I had to leave some of the attachment screws loose to allow the card to fit while

Overall pros: good quality feel. Looks beautiful and minimalist, just as it should be. Fits together well. The magnetically attached side panels are a fantastic idea, making access to the internals easy and quick.

Overall cons: Rather expensive for what it is. Too heavy and can easily be made lighter (and thus lower price ?) Communication with Cooj is not so easy. Manual could be worded more clearly and have more detailed descriptions.

IIn general, I'm quite happy with the MQ6, but would have liked the price to be 15% lower.