Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
You will probably get it as there has never been a supply issue with the Sparrow models. It is the discontinued Z13 which was 14.6 Liters and maybe possibly the new Z13 which is 14.1 L. Where did the .5L go? As the original name was Chancellor for both.

GDesign

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2019
Absolutely beautiful case!

I was wondering if you (or others) had done any GPU temperature testing with graphics cards that extend all the way to the PSU heat shield, such as the MSI Aero ITX card in your photos? I'm wondering if the reduced gap between graphics card and PSU shield would impact airflow where hot air needs to be 'exhausted' from the rear of the graphics card, particularly where the graphics card heatsink fins run in a front-to-back direction.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
You will probably get it as there has never been a supply issue with the Sparrow models. It is the discontinued Z13 which was 14.6 Liters and maybe possibly the new Z13 which is 14.1 L. Where did the .5L go? As the original name was Chancellor for both.
So the sparrow buyers aren't having any problems?

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
So the sparrow buyers aren't having any problems?
I got one of the first sparrow 5L. After many setbacks I finally did get it. Its very nice quality; however, I realized not long after that mine is possibly a first revision with two really frustrating issues. It has no mounting standoffs for the pci riser and its slightly too thin for an itx card. Basically because there is no pci mounting, the ITX card hangs loosely and sways to the side panel. Then, because there isn't quite enough room for the card, the fan hits the side panel. The pcie mount might fix the hitting issue, but it will still have terrible turbulence noise.

I noticed a month or so after, Cooj increased the size of the MQ5 by .1 liter on the website. I think the newer ones have these issues fixed.

Also, I purchased the MQ4 (seen on the website) a couple months ago now. It was said be shipped in July. I notice Cooj has not been seen here since early July, and I haven't heard back from an email a couple days ago. 🤨 I know there are a lot of Covid related issues going on in China the past few months, but I'm surprised he hasn't been able to get on here or check email.

Reactions: shilezi

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
S
I got one of the first sparrow 5L. After many setbacks I finally did get it. Its very nice quality; however, I realized not long after that mine is possibly a first revision with two really frustrating issues. It has no mounting standoffs for the pci riser and its slightly too thin for an itx card. Basically because there is no pci mounting, the ITX card hangs loosely and sways to the side panel. Then, because there isn't quite enough room for the card, the fan hits the side panel. The pcie mount might fix the hitting issue, but it will still have terrible turbulence noise.

I noticed a month or so after, Cooj increased the size of the MQ5 by .1 liter on the website. I think the newer ones have these issues fixed.

Also, I purchased the MQ4 (seen on the website) a couple months ago now. It was said be shipped in July. I notice Cooj has not been seen here since early July, and I haven't heard back from an email a couple days ago. 🤨 I know there are a lot of Covid related issues going on in China the past few months, but I'm surprised he hasn't been able to get on here or check email.
So I was contacted in August on the 3rd about my order from December 2021 which still has not shipped. They noted the following which may or may not apply to the Sparrow but definitely applies to the Z13 14.6L : Looking for a new Cooperative Factory takes a least 19 days into August and I still do not have a shipping date.
发送时间: 2022年8月3日(星期三) 晚上10:44
收件人: "COOJ"<cooj.lab@qq.com>;

主题: Re: 回复: 回复:ANY UPDATES ON MY ORDER 1034

I will continue to wait.

On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 07:36:15 AM PDT, COOJ <cooj.lab@qq.com> wrote:

Hi
Sorry, we have a dispute with the factory because all the goods produced by the factory are unusable due to quality problems.
Do you need a refund? I can refund you immediately.
We now plan to find a new cooperative factory to optimize the design and start production again.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
I just received an email update from Cooj on my MQ5 order fom early August.

Production has just completed and this order will be shipping soon.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017

I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE SAID Z13 but I guess I am selfish..... almost 8 months...

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016

is it safe to order now? would be better if cooj himself gives these updates here.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
is it safe to order now? would be better if cooj himself gives these updates here.
I can't really speak to whether or not it's safe to order at this point because I don't have the case yet.. I will update if/when I receive it.

sidequest

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2022

If I might ask, at which storefront did you place the order? I ordered an MQ5 from the official Cooj website in the first days of August but I have received no updates and the order is still listed as "unfulfilled."

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
If I might ask, at which storefront did you place the order? I ordered an MQ5 from the official Cooj website in the first days of August but I have received no updates and the order is still listed as "unfulfilled."
I also ordered from Cooj website. I have not received any official changes to my order-status on website either, just a reply to my email.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Oh ok interesting, thanks for the info!
If you will note on Ali Express each supplier of Cooj is a separate storefront: "XinYao boutique store Store", "Weishop Store", "LIWEISHIPServer Store", "Yushop Store Store", "Hainan Island Free Trade Zone Store."
And on Taobao the only store is:

COOJ 设计制造 Which is the direct manufacturer's store in mainland China. Communication with Taobao is direct, Using the US website is indirect. Most likely orders are filled faster and "out of queue" from Taobao and maybe even Ali. "Last in line is the US site, if, at all."​

sidequest

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2022
If you will note on Ali Express each supplier of Cooj is a separate storefront: "XinYao boutique store Store", "Weishop Store", "LIWEISHIPServer Store", "Yushop Store Store", "Hainan Island Free Trade Zone Store."
And on Taobao the only store is:

COOJ 设计制造 Which is the direct manufacturer's store in mainland China. Communication with Taobao is direct, Using the US website is indirect. Most likely orders are filled faster and "out of queue" from Taobao and maybe even Ali. "Last in line is the US site, if, at all."​

Ok thanks, good to know! Hopefully the U.S. website works out but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.