Log Sparrow 5, the only one unibody case about 5L

Greed

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 22, 2021
About this time last year, I learned that COOJ started planning to produce the Sparrow MQ5, and then I became the first user to make an appointment around March, during which the production process was continuously delayed due to various problems. On the eve of the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), the first batch of MQ5s were even told to return to the factory due to production errors, which is really a bad situation.
Fortunately, we all survived later, and finally I received the MQ5 express package on the second day of the new year (2022.02.02 AD). Thank you @COOJ for bringing such a great case.
Because I forgot to take pictures when I installed, there are only some pictures after installation, please enjoy.
Build list
CaseCOOJ Sparrow MQ5
CPUIntel Core I7-9700K OC 5.0
MBASUS ROG Z390I
CoolerThermalright AXP90 FULLBLACK (Cu)
Fan1Delta AFC0912DB-6L04 (To CPU-4000rpm!!!)
Fan2Noctua A9-14 (To Case)
MEMInnodisk DDR4 2666 ECC VLP 16Gx2
GPUGigabyte GTX1650 LP
Disk1Intel Optane 900P 280GB U.2
Disk2Samsung PM963 1.92TB U.2
Disk3Seagate HDD 2.5" 5TB SATA
PWEnhance Electronics 7660B 600W Flex

A
lthough the MQ5 has a unique unibody appearance, I still want to remind that my memory reaches 60 °C when gaming, and the PCH is also up to 68 °C, which is undoubtedly bad for M.2 hard drives. If users want to use this case It is recommended to prepare a separate fan for PCH and memory (4015 or other specifications).
PS: I really recommend everyone to build computers with Optane.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm waiting on new links as .webp format to change his topic-start, as .webp is currently unsupported.

EDIT: Images fixed !

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Nice build, beautiful case! :thumb:

Although the MQ5 has a unique unibody appearance, I still want to remind that my memory reaches 60 degrees when gaming, and the PCH is also up to 68 degrees, which is undoubtedly bad for M.2 hard drives. If users want to use this case It is recommended to prepare a separate fan for PCH and memory (4015 or other specifications).
While these temps are not that bad to me, the extra foam added on your last pic probably does not help the cooling. I would let the case breathe without it and clean the dust once in a while when needed.

Greed

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 22, 2021
Nice build, beautiful case! :thumb:

While these temps are not that bad to me, the extra foam added on your last pic probably does not help the cooling. I would let the case breathe without it and clean the dust once in a while when needed.
THX

These are dust sponges, they have a very large spacing, the gauge is 45pp, and the thickness is about 3mm, this will not be a hindrance to the cooling efficiency, because I have cats at home, and not taking the necessary measures may cause cat hair to wrap around the fan.