some Flat cable,PCB motherboard tray and Dc jack for skyreach

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
i had worked so hard to try make the internal of SFF case larger,here are some of my recent work:
archdaemon with flat cable,point-to-point single-wire connection ,low profile right angle or left angle,any orientation pcie/cpu plug:

low resistance 14awg cable:

how soft it can bend and twist and bend and twist and....

XT90S on skyreach,i think it is peak 90A,and sustain more than 40A,based on the temp where it is installed,i had to admit the C8 opeing is not suitable for XT90 unless i cut XT90 a little.

for 12V input:

twist to adapt the distance to the VGA card:

my PCB motherboard tray to distribute power,for S4 mini:

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
Wouldn't the XT60 connector be an option too? Afaik it's rated for 60Amps continuous current - at 12V that's 720W. Even deducting a generous 30% buffer leaves you with more than 500W.

The XT60 is a good bit smaller so should easily fit in the cutout. Plus it's available in a version with mounting threads already as part of the plug receptacle in the XT60E-M.

The XT90 is supposedly good for 90A continuous current which seems like considerable overkill.

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016

SSD/HDD upgrade kit for Sr4mini,can install 3 of the 2.5inche disks of 7mm 9.5mm thickness,it has its own power supply for the disks,so the ssd/hdd dont need power cables,just need sata signal cable.which will greatly simplified the cabling,also the ssd/hdd expandsion board acts as a power filtering(lots of panasonic oscon solid caps)/distribution (Synced load switch)to power pcie plug,mb tray(cpu/directplug).so,you barely cant see a single power cable with this PSU,will release it and accpet orders soon.if you guys want order this special psu set for Sr4mini,you can tell me you need GPS(Guniq Power System) for SR4mini (with multifuction board and MB tray),

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Why couldn't you release this before I ordered my psu??? ;D
(Not really though, I'm breaking the bank as it is...)

The third 2.5" slot is what interests me most though, opens up some nice raid options.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
I have one, Ordered it back in February.
I just made sure to ask for it when I ordered from him on discord. Paid $210 for archdemon with the motherboard tray + unlimited brick.

Interesting... Do you have any pics of it? I'm curious to see more on how the wiring and connections are set up. I may be tempted to get one, along with the archdaemon limited, and 500w brick.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Interesting... Do you have any pics of it? I'm curious to see more on how the wiring and connections are set up. I may be tempted to get one, along with the archdaemon limited, and 500w brick.
I can try to grab some pics after work.
Not really sure if it's worth the extra $20 I paid for it on it's own. It cleans up the cables a bit, but not a lot. With the hdd tray though, it's definitely worth extra, you get and extra hdd in your s4, no hdd power cables, and better power filtering (so theoretically better clocks/voltages on cpu and gpu)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
With the hdd tray though, it's definitely worth extra...

I'm definitely not interested in the HDD tray. It would be nice to have proper space for a third drive, but I plan on switching to on board nvme's in the near future... mostly just to eliminate more cables/ clutter.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
So what exactly does this motherboard tray do...?

It provides power balancing / distribution and also negates the requirement for SATA power cables from the direct plug PSU.

SSD/HDD upgrade kit for Sr4mini,can install 3 of the 2.5inche disks of 7mm 9.5mm thickness,it has its own power supply for the disks,so the ssd/hdd dont need power cables,just need sata signal cable.which will greatly simplified the cabling,also the ssd/hdd expandsion board acts as a power filtering(lots of panasonic oscon solid caps)/distribution (Synced load switch)to power pcie plug,mb tray(cpu/directplug).so,you barely cant see a single power cable with this PSU