Prototype G-uniq 3.7L brickless 1080ti mini case breaking record

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
of course,i mean,breaking the smallest volume record of Guniq's case lol:

size is 30.6cm*21.6cm*5.5cm,use high volume effective 3 parts case structure as Guniq U0:

fully custom with:

ultra flexible G-flex pcie extesion cable,G-flex is made by FPC and it is only 0.3mm thick and very soft,and it can be 90degree turned out of the pci-e slot,G-flex can be custom to 3-30cm length and any orientation.

VGA card upto zotac 1080ti mini with Guniq Ultra Low profile Dual 8pice right angle connector,and G-uniq 14awg DUO silicone flat pci-e power cable

only 3mm outside the vga card,greatly reduce the volume of the case,each 1mm width saved by the ULP connector reduced 12CC volume of the caae.

fully custom for the VGA card,custom VGA IO shield:

mini itx Motherboard

CPU heatsink :Junsbo HP400 or Noctua L9i/L9a with 9cm OD 12mm thick 12V 0.4A pwm fan mod.dont ask me how 9900k cooling in the case,i cant afford 9900k.i just use i3 6100 on an msi z270i

the case has a 600watts Gstick internal 80+ platinum modded PSU+Archdaemon directplug(Gstick dimension:17.5cm L x 5cm H x 4cm W ,wide Ac-in from 90Vac to 240Vac,hiht temp reliable,silent 4cm pwm fan(400watts @5cfm) rpm can be set to be controlled by MB or PSU) sitting in front of the MB.

Gstick 600watts is modded from a high power density psu, about 35watts per cubic inches,and in this 3.7L case is the Gstick is constucted by custom molex 5557 3pin Ac-in socket and EMI fileter board and main conversion power board(12V 50A ,typical 95% eff @300watts output220Vac in )

in this case,the G-stick is designed draw cool air from side panel and blow hot air to the VGA chamber.when during an open frame test(mean internal heatsink has no contact with the case),when it is outputing400watts,input air temp is 25C,output air is 55C,internal heatsink temp no high than 65C,at minimun 5CFM air flow

the Gstick is controlled by archdaemon directplug and start to power GPU/CPU/MB .G-stick 's active semi-conductor components like input recitifier bridge, PFC boost mosfet, Sic freewheel diode ,ZVS full bridge mosfets and secondary SR mosfets are all fully thermal coupled with the front bezel and upper lid of the case,only very few airflow is needed,and the heat is mainly passive cooled by the case metal parts.

accepting preorder for silver,black color,also deep space grey.
some change to the size is accaptable for like,2080ti ref card,internal custom water cool rad and AIO etc

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
front bezel could have dual USB-C port with QC PD charging fucntion up to 30watts for the G-stick has 12Vsb 3A abilityXD

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
start a 2nd sampling to optimize the structure of internal psu chamber:
add a psi chamber lid to press the psu module more firmly contact to the front bezel and upper case,also the lid act as the support and fansted stud of the motherboard 's 2 M3 mounting:

move the PSU module to vga side a little so there is space for front USB-C and power switch,also you can see the OEMer's LOGO"DELTA"here:

front looking,sorry for the ugly un-anodised metal ,just cant afford each sampling with anodised lol:

this small opening is for installing the vga card a little easier:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@guryhwa is this case going to be available for order at some point?

Also, would it be able to be adapted to take carrots gpus instead of the 1080ti specifically?
(Even if that means cutting off the bottom part of the pcie bracket)

Reactions: fabio

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Holy shit, why didn't j find this sooner. What's the price going to be for the whole setup? And the price just for the PCI-E cable and the low profile power connector

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
This is the first time I've seen Guniq take on a tiny case. If he brings the same level of engineering expertise and innovation that he uses for power supply design we can expect something epic here. I am subbed.

OrganX12

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2019
Hi @guryhwa

Your work is pretty impressive ! In this a mini version of the S4M :) Insane!

Would you sell some parts, like the Guniq Ultra Low profile Dual 8pice right angle connector,and G-uniq 14awg DUO silicone flat pci-e power cable ? or the ultra flexible G-flex pcie extesion cable ?

Those are sick hardwares I would really like to find :) Many thanks in advance and keep up the good work !

Regards,

Reactions: deeree