Log SMALLEST ATX CASE : CERBERUS-X (Complete build log)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I noticed that earlier. I'll test imgur and upload my full cerberus-x album...:)

Sorry for delay

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Ah ah, never..;)

The only thing i will say is that my hardware (cpu, mb, ram, gpu ssd) will remain unchanged. All the others components will be revised and replaced if required...;)

Reactions: AleksandarK

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Well i've spent something like 4h today to test my current watercooling equipment, as i guess i've reached almost maximum aircooling cerberus-x capabilities with noctua c14s (and it's even close to absolute limit of aircooling especially with dual noctua 2000 ppc). Alternative of noctua c14s are noctua u9s with dual fan or cryorig h7 quad lumi.

It was my main idea behind Cerberus-x to put customised aio using swiftech apogee drive ii and h220 radiator..however, on my first trial, i nearly fried my r7 1700x as apogee drive ii seems faulty.

So today i've spent hours to clean and check my watercooling equipment :
  • Swiftech h220 cpu waterblock/pump : was leaking in the past (and killed my asus z87 impact)...tried it today and pump was making horrible noise==> to trash ( i just kept all socket screws as it is compatible with apogee drive ii)
  • Swiftech Apogee drive ii (combo apogee hd waterblock and laing ddc pump) : tried it today, and despite pump is spinning, there is no pressure at all. I'm keeping it as i can replace pump and seal...:) i need also to check what is truly origin of the issue.
  • Fractal design/alphacool cpu waterblock/pump (coming from kelvin t12) : was working fine. Lacking a bit of power to empty all air bubbles, and a bit noisy at full speed...it's working well. It's compatible with am3 socket, so it's perfect with crosshair vi
I've also tested tube routing successfully...thus i've ordered missing parts (transparent tubing) to try watercooling inside cerberus-x...it should be really powerful and full of potential..:) i let you guess my future setup..:)

Stay tuned..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
M

That water bug has still got ya lol! Keep the updates coming good sir.

I know...i'm telling to myself to stop wc since all leakage costed me 2 motherboards, 1 gpu...but since 2008 i'm insisting.
In case of cerberus-x, i want to give a new try as it would be the best airflow possible compared to any aircooling proposal...i'm not doing it just for wc, but for global point of cerberus-x.

Never say never!

Good luck with putting the 1700x under water. Looking forward to the results. :thumb:
Sure, this week, it would be only some kind of prototype that i'll try to improve time after time..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Well i've spent something like 4h today to test my current watercooling equipment, as i guess i've reached almost maximum aircooling cerberus-x capabilities with noctua c14s (and it's even close to absolute limit of aircooling especially with dual noctua 2000 ppc). Alternative of noctua c14s are noctua u9s with dual fan or cryorig h7 quad lumi.

It was my main idea behind Cerberus-x to put customised aio using swiftech apogee drive ii and h220 radiator..however, on my first trial, i nearly fried my r7 1700x as apogee drive ii seems faulty.

So today i've spent hours to clean and check my watercooling equipment :
  • Swiftech h220 cpu waterblock/pump : was leaking in the past (and killed my asus z87 impact)...tried it today and pump was making horrible noise==> to trash ( i just kept all socket screws as it is compatible with apogee drive ii)
  • Swiftech Apogee drive ii (combo apogee hd waterblock and laing ddc pump) : tried it today, and despite pump is spinning, there is no pressure at all. I'm keeping it as i can replace pump and seal...:) i need also to check what is truly origin of the issue.
  • Fractal design/alphacool cpu waterblock/pump (coming from kelvin t12) : was working fine. Lacking a bit of power to empty all air bubbles, and a bit noisy at full speed...it's working well. It's compatible with am3 socket, so it's perfect with crosshair vi
I've also tested tube routing successfully...thus i've ordered missing parts (transparent tubing) to try watercooling inside cerberus-x...it should be really powerful and full of potential..:) i let you guess my future setup..:)

Stay tuned..:)
Good news, my apogee drive ii is fixed. Issue was linked to o-ring seal of pump misplaced. I've replaced and placed it properlly and it's working well..:)